Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 Creators Update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    During the Microsoft announcements earlier today Microsoft talked about a new large update for Windows 10, previously known as Redstone 2, now called the Windows 10 Creators Update....

Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 Creators Update

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Better they add more modern tech such as multi-threading, optimisation, use of high and ultra wide resolutions, and well speed of their system, instead of this junk.

3. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    Or they better fix SCALING when using multiple monitors with different scaling value. At the moment, if you have 100% scaling in one monitor, and other scaling (125%) in other monitor, one of the two monitors will present blurry text (generally not the main monitor).

In my case, I have a 15" 1080p monitor (that'd like to use with 125% scaling) and a 24" 1080p monitor (this is at work). But I have to use both at 100%.

If I put 125% scaling in both monitors, all the texts are OK. The issue only happens when the scaling is not aligned.

4. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Nvidia: Founders Edition,
    Microsoft: Creators update.Marketing non-sense.

Hey Intel or Amd I wanna see the same from you. :D

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This does wonders for Windows Phone 10, apparently, allows Continuum to become what it should've been all along :D

6. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    How about they fix all the problems they have already created in windows 10 before trying to add more.

7. Sunnijim

Sunnijim Guest

People whine too much. I actually think the presentation was great. They're showing far more innovation that what apple are doing. Being able to view things in 3D to scale when shopping online would be phenomenal.

And windows 10 is great, why are people complaining?

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have not had any issues with Windows 10 so far, for me it's been the most stable build of Windows made ever. The creators update looks awesome!

9. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    seems like another disaster from microsoft , windows 10 is already full of junk endless menus and options which u seem to spend forever clicking to get somewhere u want to go, spyware, rootkits keyloggers unknown process sending what u had for breakfast to microsoft which if you do stop it will never boot again terrible operating system i went back to win 7

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Read the complaints lol

11. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Yeah Windows 10 seems the most unstable NT version ever. On my PC the option "Fast Startup" breaks PC shutdown process and instead my PC just reboots instantly without bios screen and its disconnecting my mouse on startup (some updates enables it without asking). On my tablet Anniversary Update literally destroyed recovery partition. In my place of work remote desktop showed artefacts at the beginning.

12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Windows 10 on my main rig, zero issues since RTM release.
    Windows 10 on my sons rig, zero issues since RTM release.
    Only BSOD was from overclocking on his rig, not Win 10 issue.
    Windows 10 on my server, zero issues, not 1 BSOD since RTM.
    Windows 10 on my netbook, zero issues since RTM.
    Only dont have Win 10 on my HTPC because I am being cheap and dont wanna replace the 40GB SSD in it.

Remote desktop works perfect even when streaming it over the internet with nvidia game stream on my phone.

Personally, I feel people whine too damn much.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    And grammar classes. If you have a concrete point to make, make it; otherwise just scribling nonsense with no end in sight no commas never using punctuation using u instead of you saying that things r bad using an r instead of an are doesn't really help with ur case

Same here. For professional and up there is also the option to defer big upgrades. People where shi*tting on Microsoft that it allowed its OS to be outdated and full of security holes (something that happens on ALL outdated OSes, by the way), and now that they made security updates mandatory, everyone is bi*ching.
    Where did you read that? What do you mean about Google not working? Something in the hosts file or something else?

Fast Startup basically hibernates the kernel only. That won't work properly if you have another OS installed which has access on the same drives as Windows does, and it will also not work well with PCIe storage or with any driver that requires state refreshing during boot. Disabling it is literally four clicks away. The Anniversary Update does that on purpose, as the recovery partition is redundant with it. The original Windows Image is kept as something like a delta upgrade. You don't need the recovery partition in a proper installation any more.

14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I haven't personally had any bigger problems with Win10, and I'm fairly content with it (aside from not having the old image viewer anymore, only the pos thing that came with Win10 fresh install), but my mom had to live without the start menu for a month or two after a random update made it disappear. Fortunately another update made it reappear later. Luckily her needs aren't many and I had placed shortcuts to all of her necessary programs on the desktop.

Still, one has to wonder why MS decided to make the start menu disappear for probably millions of people. Maybe they just wanted to see how much complaints not having the start menu would generate.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh every 6month they gona start this "upgrade" to new build that will probably need to clean isntalled to be less buggy? I might be fine with this once year but not ever 6 months

16. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    My biggest gripe with Windows 10 is the lack of control on updates. To avoid that I use the insider preview builds. They usually only get updated from WU a couple times before they want you to grab the next build. Then I just ride it out till close to their expiration and grab a new one. Only time I broke that cycle was recently when an update failed and got stuck so every time I shut down it retried it and failed again.

One flaw in this plan is it has been re-downloading all my store apps after applying a build update. Not a big deal initially except I recently bought Gears of War 4 and had to re-download the whole 80GB game. I am hoping that was a fluke and won't happen again.

17. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Not sure if serious :3eyes:

1. Multithreading - Windows itself is highly threaded. Don't believe me.. go into task manager and look at how many threads are running and how many threads are running for each process in resource monitor.

2. Optimization - a. you spelled it wrong. b. Follow the trend of Vista -> -7 -> 8/8.1 -> 10 and you will see that it is pretty well optimized.

3. Resolutions ? Works fine at 4k for me. Scaling sucks in programs, but I don't really blame that on MS. That is more of a driver and software issue as opposed to an OS issue.

18. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    So what they did is made a feature that doesn't work properly with all hardware - yet it is enabled by default, it doesn't detect if it should be ON or OFF, and they insist after some updates to re-enable it for u once in a while. I do not have any other OS, I do not use any PCI-E storage, what i have is standard intel based hardware, how the F do I find about that issue when there is no error message, no BSOD, no nothing?!

The Anniversary Update has crippled my tablet, I asked manufacturer how to fix bloody bluetooth/wifi issues - they told me to run recovery which did not work, now It is on the way to the manufacturer for a warranty fix - thank U Microsoft u made my life so simple now

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Sounds like someone doesn't understand how to use a simple OS

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  20. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Oh but that is a built-in problem with the praised lord Win32, designed 20 years ago. But hey its so great and powerful.

Instead, all modern apps scale perfectly from 4 to 100 inches and from mouse to game pad to touch without developers having to do virtually anything. But who want that crap?