Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I just finished the game...It was pretty good. Not really a fan of monster games any more. There have been too much alien/monster/zombie stuff recently. The parts where you fight the other humans was fun, but the human enemy AI is not very good.

I wish companies released mod tools like they used to. Would be fun to play some fan-made levels.

Graphics were excellent

2. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Well I thought the story and gameplay were actually more impressive than the graphics. I love the variation in weaponry and that you can buy new stuff and that ammo is very scarce, making you really think about where to shoot, how much, with which weapon etc. And the atmosphere is great, as is the voice acting. I was pretty impressed with the overall experience after I had finished it, and having lower graphics wouldn't take much away from that.

3. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Agreed- that or amnesia were my GOTY's for 2010. Loved the monster bits more than the human combat which i found dull and uninspired apart from where you could use stelth e.g. the fourth riche sections where shooting out the lights made it very fun .

Also the book was great- I was very impressed. Some bits of it were better than the game, some parts of the game better than the book which I was surprised at, was expecting the game to be inferior in most sections but the novel is still a great read

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just tried the demo of this on my 6970, runs like a dream maxed, just have the DOF off, but does anyone get a like slight hitch every few seconds or so.

5. Mr.Joe

Mr.Joe Master Guru

GPU:
    670DC2-1333/3915-EK~H20
    Nope, runns fine here...

btw, 4xmsaa, DOF physx and tess = ON, @ 2560x1600 = 30+fps ^^ (indoors)

6. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I can only dream. LOL

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's not a bad game, but it does rely alot on graphics to set an atmosphere.

8. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I just came across this image. Its just like the gun in Metro2033!
    [​IMG]

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The slight hitch seems to be when somones going to talk, and the hard-drives going, its nothing major, just slight thats all, can get the game for £10, but not sure wether its worth getting, as i didn't think much of the demo, seemed to be set pieces, you get in that first room (where you put your gas mask on), then you get a wave of them to kill, get out of there, then you stop again for the next wave (outside where you get knocked out and then you get the 8 days earlier or something), then just after that hunter comes through the door, you go into another room, and then you get them coming through the vents/roof.

Not gona be very good if the games just like that, all set pieces, you move a bit, stop, wave comes, move a bit stop, another wave, rinse repeat, but hopefully, the full game isn't like that.

10. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    I don't know what the demo is like- if you get to just to hunter/the escape from VDNK station then you didnt seem any of the interesting parts of the game though it is worth noting that most of the game is very linar and story driven- but It was linniar done well. For £10 I would probably go for it but perhaps wait until its on sale again for £4 on steam- that really is worth it.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't mind paying a tenner tbh, saw it on Steam for £20 still, so had a look around, and found Play doing it for £10, might just grab it :)

12. h00ahj

h00ahj Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6870 Crossfire
    Metro 2033 is on play right now like Rich says for £9.99 = $13 in US right? If I buy through there would the CD-Key be emailed to me so I can add it via steam and download that way instead of waiting for the DVD by post? I'd like to take advantage of this deal, really dont want to play 40 bucks on steam for it! lol

Or any other place where its a reasonable price??

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  13. Espair

Espair Active Member

GPU:
    HD4870 1gb@2048x1152
    I personally loved the game, the characters were cool and combat was fun. The one thing that could improvement was stealth, but even that wasnt too bad, it was manageable.

The environments were pretty darn cool but that would go under graphics wouldnt it. I'd definitly recommend the game for its gameplay, the fact that it has amazing graphics just tops it off.

14. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Yep, it's gotta have the most impressive graphics I've seen in a game (Crysis included).

15. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    And runs better too- it looked incredible on my 3D vision set up

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I have everything in game turned on and maxed. But the first level slows down. I want to use 4 aa as it looks much better than aaa. So what should I turn down? Advanced physx or DOF? Which ones recommended for better performance?

17. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    DOF impacts performance quite a bit and doesn't look that great.

It comes with a benchmark so use that to see what gives you better performance (Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033\metro2033benchmark.exe)

18. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    turn both dof and advanced physx off, they just hammer the performance.

19. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Amazing game, never knew that it was THIS good!

20. deets75

deets75 Guest

read the book as well, is a good companion