Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    While I do miss Mass Effect, I think the ending in the 3rd was so "finite" and the whole plot was so big and all encompassing, that it's hard for them to make a good story anymore. The best chance they had was a blank slate with Andromeda and they totally blew it.

EA these days is far more busy being with being overly political, yet hypocritical at the same time with the whole lootbox milking. Besides that, I also have very, very little faith in Bioware (it's basically a different studio) at this point and nothing what I've seen so far from Anthem gets me excited even one bit.

My hopes were they would finally decide to make a new single-player story driven RPG in the SW universe, but that too will never happen.

Truth is we live in a time where we will see fewer to none AAA single player RPGs. Because in their greedy minds it's too much work for too little profit. Everything is about milking kids (and manchildren too) with microtransactions, building multiplayer games around lootboxes and bribe streamers/youtubers to sell their crap. It's sickening really. Add to it the ever growing price increase in PC hardware and I can frankly see myself only going back to old games for the foreseeable future. There is of course ONE exception in CDProjektRED, but we'll have see how long they can keep it up.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Something I found interesting about 2 and 3 was the way they changed faces for the same character models, this is not my character, but it was the same for my character and I was like wtf did they do to my character....because you could carry over the save file from 1 to 2 to 3... that is one thing I hope they actually do with any new Mass Effect game, is to have nice looking characters again.

[​IMG]

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that happened in Mass Effect 2 too, scars and such were lost and other facial details got adjusted.

Some players rolled with it.

And for everything else there's mods for the PC version I suppose. :p

G*addict, Keitosha, Solfaur and 2 others like this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Kawaii~

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Anthem gameplay looked very dull to me.

It's supposed to compete with games like Destiny and The Division, but so far it's looking like those 2 will remain the best 2 choices.

6. I remember that - people complaining at launch about this and eventually I could have sworn recalling them releasing a patch or something trying to adjust it to refine the character editor / faces be more streamlined to the carryovers - they both shared Unreal Engine 3 too (ME2/ME3) *shrugs* yeah I remember launching ME3 at day 1 loading my ME2 save and just going "what!" at my character haha.

KissSh0t likes this.
  7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Thank you, I ROFLed

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I had to do some serious modding to get even something somewhat similar looking. It's funny... In terms of animations and graphics, ME3 degraded things quite a bit when it comes to characters. Also lighting on characters looks really flat and poor. Eye rendering took a massive hit. It looked quite nice in ME2 but lifeless, cheap glass balls in ME3.

I used same custom texture across the three games for face. ME1 and ME2 were really close (ME2 was an improvement). I pulled every trick possible trying to get the face look similar in ME3. Had to use mesh editing based on ME2 face data and manually adjusting polygons (especially around eyes). It's pretty much impossible to try to match the colours and hair styles. Straight import was just something else entirely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was as close as I could get in ME3:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  10. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    will gladly pay a full price for a worthy remaster for the trilogy. just gotta make it the right way.

one pack with every DLC out there, bug fixes, polished gameplay for the first game,
    and maybe some enhanced graphics\lightning. it can also sell well.

Dragam1337 and mbk1969 like this.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

"Citadel" is one of the best DLCs

coc and Deleted member 213629 like this.
  12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well.. i gotta confess about something here.

i played around 5-6 full plays with every DLC out there ( not sure if it was sixth time in 2018 )

and i never ever.. not even for a few mins.. tried to play as a female Shep.

and i believe im gonna go for another full play in 2019 and still gonna take the male class. :)

no idea why.. but something is stopping me from playing Shep as a female.

just cant do it ;/ lol.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    cerebus23 likes this.
  13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @coc
    And I have never played as male Shepard. I got a crush on the voice of Jennifer Hale, and on character overall.
    Also I have no heart to play as renegade. Maybe someday...

14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    yeah buddy its not the first time im hearing it about the Female voice actor.

saw it online on forums\articles that she is doing a far better job than the male.

as for the renegade... it really depends on how far you take it. most of my plays i went for
    a mix something like 70\30 in favor of paragon. a pure renegade is just impossible.. im not sure
    who will read this in the future so i won't use spoilers.. but some actions you can take under pure renegade
    are pure evil lol.. and i never made those even on the renegade plays.

on the other hand a pure 100% paragon felt a bit off for me after iv finished the trilogy
    and played on insanity for the challenge.

im sure you will enjoy your future renegade run. its far more hilarious and just don't go
    too far and its not that bad :)

15. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Holly $hit talk about beating a dead horse. Mass Effect is not dead, yeah right! o_O:confused:o_O

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i am happy to say i still find the time once a year and enjoy a full run. i do think there is a point
    in what you said - ME1 has aged specially the gameplay. on the other hand the second game and the third
    aged really well and i find it very easy to enjoy both every year.

Backstabak, lucidus and mbk1969 like this.
  17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Mode for Mass Effect 3
    https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/691?tab=description

18. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    nice.. il look into it.

i have finished ME1 last night.. i think its gonna be my last run on the regular ME unless
    they will remake it. the atmosphere is insane, the game-play is just awful, its too old simple as that. started my 2019 trilogy run early this year :)

im gonna start ME2 soon and move to ME3 after so the Mod from Nexus looks interesting, i didn't
    try Mods for the mass effect series at all.

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And I just installed texture mode ALOT for ME1 - https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/83 - and game looks just fantastic. Of course gameplay mechanics are still clumsy a bit but visuals are much more refined.

I will try these ALOT for ME2 and ME3
    https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/68
    https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/363

And installer provided with these mods are just superb. I am programmer and I admire that state-of-the-art program.

KissSh0t likes this.
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070