Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    I like visibile rain to no doubt especially when it's intensity is on Storm level but when it's so high that the streaks look like a Meteor Shower i generally don't like the Result because it brakes the visual flow for me and feels unreal.
    The results from Watch_Dogs are pretty good overall but some situations are overdone im not sure if you tweaking each Rain situation independently or if you just set the main option to extreme high and thus in a Storm situation it might become to extreme :)

But as you said as well im using Temp SMAA and test arround with MSAA and non Nvidia controll panel AF enhancements so far and you tune entirely for TXAA.

Also one of the TOD light situations feels very strange to me the one when everything in a Rain reflection scenario becomes orangeish it feels very sureal.

Also im very skeptical with the Ultra setup based on the reflection results the impact of the reflection latency is so high (jesus) and the visual win relatively low.

- Light illuminated Rain
    - Headlight Volumetric Lights
    - Headlight Shadows

these 3 things are currently of real visual value for every mod and Vanilla apart from the artistical TOD and texture changes :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    HAHAHAHAHA Man you are certainly not an average gamer. are you a
    developer or something like that? Half the time I dont even know what
    you are talking about :3eyes::3eyes: Anyway haha
    With your specs dont even attempt to set the game on ultra. It will be
    corrupted And run at 1 fps. Man I pretty much think that base on most
    thing you say according the shader response. I think nothing would suit
    you better than vanilla brotha. Everything would just be the way it was
    design to be ;)
    yeah in the Extra HQ rain was optimized to look good with all the txaa
    blur. You can always download the vesion with normal rain streaks now
    part of my stand alone area. ;)

3. Bullern

Bullern Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 680 2GB
    Don't worry about the short answers :). I did figure it out. The game just needed to adapt to the setting and the mod it seems. After playing awhile the performance did get increased enough to behave like before and even better with the latest patch.

I use the HQ mod and not the Extra HQ mod.
    While the Extra HQ clearly looks better, it presents more stutter and performance cap.
    Specially when explosions happen or a large trace of smoke.
    Even on medium settings, textures to high and Anti-Aliasing on FXAA, the performance went down.
    But your Extra HQ mod do indeed look absolutely fantastic, it is just too demanding on my GTX 680 with 2GB.
    If it weren't for the horrible optimizations on Watch Dogs the Extra HQ mod would definitely work on those settings and higher. :rolleyes:

4. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    yes man absolutely. Im really glad you figured it out
    would you like me to change anything on the instructions or maybe
    add something that would make them better.? :)

BTW the HQ is perfectly great for the average user.
    I did my best to optimized but extra HQ will be heavier
    anyway according to the poll on my page it seems as people care less
    about performance and wanted quality.
    thats the reason why I came out with the HQ builds.

anyway Im glad you can finnally enjoy the game better :banana::banana:

5. Bullern

Bullern Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 680 2GB
    The quality is of course an important element, but it is necessary to keep the performance close to the original or from the other releases to.
    Or else we would be back to the start where the performance was so unoptimized the game would be unplayable.

All of this E3 modding began with restoring the effects from the E3 demo, while also improving performance so that stutter would almost cease to exist.

Therefore it is important to keep the performance gained from previous iterations while working on the elements that needs to be improved.

Or else we could end up with a result with just as much stutter as when this game was at it's worse.

But of course you Extra HQ mod is far, really far from when Watch Dogs was unplayable, but this versions do creates a little more stutter than previous versions.
    Do to the fact that this version is more demanding.

One thing I would like to be implemented in the HQ mod would be better sky textures which is a bit lighter and brighter in color.
    The skies in Watch Dogs are rough and unrealistic and too dark in color.
    While heavy use of SweetFX can compensate for the darkness and color, we need a more polished texture with has more vibrant and bright color.

I know that you must have tweaked the skies a lot and that is really great.
    But I still see some rough textures in the heaven that is a bit unrealistic and too dark.
    TheWorse was a bit on to something with his releases, but his versions lowers performance greatly on my end.

But I do indeed enjoy the game much more with your mods, really increases the value of Watch Dogs. :)

6. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Hope you try with Temp SMAA (SMAA) Temp SMAA can have a great latency impact and the Gain is so so ;)

Many of the things you say is absolutely correct :)

7. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    I agree about the textures thoug
    and yes extra HQ is not for everyone, must 780ti can do the job haha:)
    anyway if you want the best sky I guess that would
    be when using ultra textures
    using high will make it look more sharp and unrealistic because
    of the lack of mipmaps

I just wanna make sure you read my changes to graphics levels
    cause my mod is a bit special

just remember as described in my page

low = medium optimized by me for best looks and performance
    medium = high optimized by me for best looks and performance
    high = ultra optimized by me for best looks and performance
    Ultra = a much higher Ultra optimized by me for best looks and performance

txaa 2x reccomended
    No aa = fxaa
    Fxaa = smaa
    smaa = temporal smaa "recommended
    Temporal smaa = temporal smaa x2

just remember this in order to not get the performance messed up :)
    anyway Im glad you can enjoy the game man:banana::)
    I

8. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    may be it should be possible to make a backup of your save game , delete the files in the original folder.

start a new game and let create a new chache / shader chache, after than close and re copy your old save game,

hope it helps

9. Bullern

Bullern Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 680 2GB
    Yes, I know that medium settings from Vanilla equals High settings.
    But as I wrote earlier, even on medium settings vanilla the game had a hard time keeping a stable FPS.
    Normally I can run everything on High with Watch Dogs, beside some stutter while driving.
    Your HQ mod ran with almost no stutter, and now with the latest patch the stutter is mostly gone.
    Or at least definitely not noticeable anymore.

Remember that higher quality doesn't always mean less performance, which was proven with your earlier releases that had much better visuals that even increased performance.

But anyways thanks for the help with the installer.
    The game runs much better now that the latest patch is implemented.
    After this playthrough, I might go for another playthrough with your Extra HQ mod.
    While testing it, I never started a new game.
    Instead only continued from a save.
    So starting a new game with the Extra HQ mod will most likely speed up the performance enough to really enjoy it.

10. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Well brother totally agree
    haha:)
    I hope you can have an awesome experience
    and game on brother

thanks for all the support :banana:
    :rock::rock::rock:

11. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    achievements

I only have a few more achivements until its time for a new game :)

12. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Hi guys,

Lunayah helped me debug the crash at startup issue with my config tool. Meanwhile two updates were made.

1.2 - Updated with both changes from Ubisoft patch 1.03.483. Added Lunayah's best lens flares with fixes for trainlights, headlights and spotlights. Added an improvement pack (partially conflicts with lens flares). Added less bloom option. Added a progress bar which I forgot to add in previous version. :)

1.3 - Just a small update. Big thanks to Lunayah who helped me debug the crash at startup, which didn't happen on my computer. I hope now everyone can use this config tool. Added more options to rain setting.

13. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Thank you very much for this man.
    you are totally awesome:banana:

Guys I will soon be adding the tool to the main page as well in order for you guys to be able to also download it from here.
    anyway this tool will allow you to do much better customizations
    to the mods with a broad amount of options to choose from :)

14. NikoRoots

NikoRoots Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    new game or not new game... that's the question :)

Hi everyone.

just FYI... it might not be necessary to start to new game in order to be able to enjoy latest Lunayah's awesome mod!

After talking to him, we came to a conclusion that it MAY not be necessary to start a new game, in other words, I may be just OK to use ur samegame.

I have not yet tried graphics quality and performance using a new game though BUT it seems that I do get the same graphics quality as Lunayah's.

check Lunayah's Opening Page screenshots and especially those ones, also made by him : http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4886715&postcount=1693
    settings : Txaa2x + no sweetfx + High textures + high graphics settings

Now check mine: (I tried to reproduce exactly the same SS in order to be able to compare!), they look pretty much the same :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NOTE : Im using Txaa2x + latest sweetfx + ULTRA textures + high graphics settings.
    so as I said earlier, I have not yet tried if I would gain in performance using a new game...
    but I have to say that currently, the game runs great ! ultra smooth, high FPS and 99% stutter free! (at least on my rig) :thumbup:

anyway, this was just a little FYI for people who are desperate with the fact of the need to start a new game... ;)
    Do carrefully check Lunayah's sceens and compare with ur game.

To conclude, I would like to quote Lunayah telling me : "man if you are satisfied no need to start a new game. just game on brotha and enjoy your game"
    so, oh yes! definitely! thanks to ur awesome work and great efforts, I can now finally finish this game and especially, finally enjoy it a lot! :D :banana::banana:

cheers! :cheers:

15. AhmedConnor007

AhmedConnor007 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    are you going to add the far camera for the graphics mod or not ? Like the one from TheWorse 1.0 Graphics Mod ?

Thanks for this Awesome Mod :)

16. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Totally amazing:banana: :cheers:
    just beautiful =)

mayb not exactly like his but well you can get those from my stand alone 'area but yeah of course =)

17. VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    You can choose far camera in the config tool if you want.

18. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    preciesly,:) I will put it in the op as soon as I can download it.
    the servers are currently cluttered rightnow. haha

19. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    780ti

@Lunayah with my 780ti evga superclock and 12gb of ram I can run it on ultra textures and ultra but a little stutter but when I pick high textures with ultra runs fine both with 2xtaa i7 4700k, also installed on ssd
    fixed extra quality hq with texture thing you had.

I have the best results with textures high everything else ultra 2xtaa and I turn off dof as a preference if you want to get a few extra fps turn the shadows to high.

Do you think this is a good way ? or should i just turn the textures to ultra and set the other settings to high? lol :)

I have all your suggested settings in control panel in game i just leave it to 1 gpu buffered frame maybe I should put two?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  20. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    that is perfect man. just keep textures in high since most of them will have more detail since those are the one i have modified. and yeah you do not need to set graphics settings to ultra. it will kill your fps. High is perfect at least for me and my rig ;)