Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sevlagoth

Sevlagoth Guest

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 770 2Gb
    Yep, experienced something similar recently. Thin coats of water over flat or almost flat surfaces reflects all in your face.

2. Anthonyg45157

Anthonyg45157 Guest

GPU:
    780 Lightning
    Uploading my video now where I show the difference between sweetfx on and off using this mod. Imo sweetfx compliments this mod amazingly well! The black outs are actually black outs lol but still possible to see. Absolutely beautiful. Give it a bit to upload and process :)

3. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    sure that is the expected specular response due to the water particles refraction it's only about the way how aggressive you do this and put into scene for attention catching purposes especially if you would know for example that in real you would get NPCs also reflecting in Realtime on the ground and if this is missing it partly falls apart anyways especially in Motion, so you would rather town it down and keep it subtle.

Hmm nice mod idea :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  4. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    OK~ i face the mystery cone too
    Hop kadzait24 will fixed it

then more pics
    i love the gas station boom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC

Yup i fully agree the Fire Propagation, Smoke and Smokie Explosions are great the way they look here, though the bloom is a little harsh :)

That mystery cone effect you all talk about looks like the Eye Adaption ?

But it fits overall to your very dark style and love for contrast

6. CoolerEra

CoolerEra Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780M SLI
    Awesome pictures! :banana:

7. Bukowski

Bukowski Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2 gb
    @william456: now...this' what i'm talkin about. great pics man, love the colorgrading. Would you mind to share your settings? (sweetfx, ingame settings, etc) thanks

@kad: i'd like to try your latest work, could you send it to me? hope it's not a problem.

8. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    SweetFX OFF
    [​IMG]

SweetFX ON
    [​IMG]

SweetFX OFF
    [​IMG]

SweetFX On
    [​IMG]

SweetFX OFF
    [​IMG]

SweetFX ON
    [​IMG]

9. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Looking @ the Skin result i wouldn't like it to much contrast to artificial

10. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    cone like this pics
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4850388&postcount=949

and here is your face video
    http://youtu.be/XMctWZmy7fs

sweetfx settings
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hjuv75ue7kx7ud/SweetFX_settings_0622.rar
    in game settings,brightness 50,other like kadzait24's readme

11. DamnedLife

DamnedLife Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC
    Share that SweetFX preset will ya? And a little explanation as to how to set it up as I'm clueless in that regard. Also I use win 8.1 64-bits and ppl tell me SweetFX is unusable in 8.1 and 64 bits??

12. AdoreDaniella

AdoreDaniella Guest

GPU:
    MSI NVIDIA Geforce 660 TI
    I tried this with the Day 1 patch after re-installing Watch Dogs twice and realizing steam forces the 1.03 update on you.

Unfortunately deleting the patch files and replacing the watchdogs.exe and disrupt files caused Uplay to ask me to activate the game again and showed two versions of Watch Dogs installed. When I tried to activate it, I was of course informed that my activation code had already been used.

Maybe I did something wrong but these didn't work for me. Was I supposed to use the Disc folder files first and then Day 1 or something?

13. Anthonyg45157

Anthonyg45157 Guest

GPU:
    780 Lightning
    Sweetfx does work with 8.1 x64 that's what I'm using. Look up a toutrial you have to use Radeon pro for it to work. You can find videos on YouTube. It works with Nvidia cards too.

14. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Hard to say. I didn't notice any real improvements over TheWorse's mod. If there are any, they're very minor. Which makes me think we won't ever get to far just by tweaking the game's settings :(

What the game really lacks is proper lighting (global illumination) to make the days feel a bit less flat\bland. That's one of the major things I see being removed from the early demos. Along with POM and a lot of fog.

I'll probably end up finishing the game with what we have now. Maybe revisit in the future if there's a mod that overhauls the visuals (like ENB... but that's only ever been created for DX9 games so I doubt Borris is interested).

This is the problem with bumping contrast so much. You're in broad daylight, but you have almost completely black surfaces. In daylight, light would bounce around a lot more (which is happening in the SweetFX off screenshot). But in yours, it looks like there is no ambient light at all.

15. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Yea mate mate that is the only thing it can be to contrast at times but over all while playing it is way better... We'll that's my opinion :)

16. Tomlintm28

Tomlintm28 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X 3gbDualX
    imo sweetFX looks ugly kad mod look way better then that

17. Alexcifer

Alexcifer Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB
    It's normal, it was designed for the day one patch. Now it ned improvement. And it will be a good one, not like The Worses's Pussies fan club. It's said it was adaptes but it's lagging more than Kadz unimproved 5.0

18. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    I am thinking doing the same... Just killing time until ice releases 3.0... I find gta iv more interesting and more fun tbh.. Yea maybe in the future this game will have ice candy it deserved.

19. AdoreDaniella

AdoreDaniella Guest

GPU:
    MSI NVIDIA Geforce 660 TI
    This video should help you step by step. It is the best tutorial I have found for Windows 8.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHGd1wwyILI

20. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Im with you jim with this :)

im pretty happy with what i get out from vanilla the only problem is consistency because of the missing realtime global illum :)

but even without it the pre baked results also can look quiet nice for screenshots @ least ;)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.