Is Deus Ex worth buying?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by crushilista, Feb 18, 2010.

1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I think that one screenshot looks great, not the bottom two but the initial one. The only people I've heard complain about graphics were kids and teens until now. At least Peter thinks the gameplay is lacking, I can respect that.

2. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

hey the bottom ones were mine :(

btw the upper one is 16bit and the bottom ones are 32bit. of course mix it up with some AA/AF and you haea much better looking game.

3. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    ****ing spoiler alert that ME2 video link there Peter Christ lol. The video for the other... was just a joke really lol. I mean it would be like comparing which two deserves an emmy for most heart touching movie: Tommy Boy, or Miracle Worker. Besides, the ending... is well the ending. It's going to be flashy and the best as possible.

To the taker of the one pics, I'm saying that I like the game as it was originally found graphics wise. I still think Max Payne 2 looks good.

4. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    max payne is still looking great :) i must say i enjoyed ME1 alot more then ME2. and max payne is still a shiny jewel among the games today :) unfortunatly, they try to force a max payne 3, even tough the story ended with mp2.

5. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Max Payne 3 is coming out very soon, and the f-ing website isn't even done. I have the lowest expectations for it.

6. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    A video of someone having fun with Deus Ex sure illustrates your points well.
    Anyway, nicely done sir, I should really know better by now instead of letting my self get trolled out of half an hour. Damn. :scream:

Hot damn you are right, you just made me realize that DUS EX IS OUTDATD, AND MS FECT GOT AWSOME NEST GMPLAY AND BANGBLE ALIEN CHIKS IS WHERE IT AT. Thanks bro.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Cool story brah! Lol

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    "I'll bet it feels primitive as hell compared to modern first-person games."

Auto-aim in at least ME, and in both Bioshock games the game actually assists with the aiming. And then there's the huge reticle.
    It's amazing that people don't see crippled gameplay when it's right in front of their noses. Aiming in DX is much more of a precision job as it is in real life. It's far more immersive, the game doesn't play itself for you as many modern games do.
    Now I haven't played the latest Alien vs Predator but it seems that even in that things have been simplified... game design choices are made by people in marketing.

Bioshock used to have a more complex AI system but it was taken away because players got gasp, confused about it all.
    One Half Life developer said that they make games in which they hope the player never misses out on anything on his or her first playthrough.

The marketing people have too much influence on how games turn out these days. This is how I see both Bioshock and ME. Had then been made in the early 00's and just for the PC's I would expect them to be more hardcore, less primitive holding the players hand stuff throughout the game.

9. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    Please do go hang your self.

10. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    They stay tazed all too long, don't know why.. never happened while I was playing.

But at least no one in DX has ever pushed me on a furniture from which I then cannot walk down and the only solution is to restart the entire level or load an earlier save (which itself is not always possible since ESC and quick load are friggin LOCKED)

ME2 seems to have a lot of clipping problems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXKA03Px8qM

12. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    in me2 i didnt save the game for a long time and i walked over a pipe and ended up stuck "above" the level. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

13. Gheed

Gheed Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD5850

14. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    [​IMG]

15. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Lol. It should be obvious to everyone now that Peter doesn't like older games. Saying anything to him about it should get the same response as if you touched an eletric fence for the 8th time. Your still going to be shocked.

16. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
  17. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I stopped reading it after I saw Doom 3 is better then HL2

18. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Only old games i would like to play is VTMB and Morrowind.

19. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Shocked by what, gifs? The only things thats obvious about peter is that he is a troll, who talks out of his ass. And anyone wasting time discussing anything with him is doing just that, wasting their time.

20. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Im not trying to be an elitist here or anything...but why are people so put off by older games? Sure, if you haven't played an old game for a while and have been used to flashy graphics it can be an eyesore at first...but i would think you would get accustomed to it quickly and become engrossed with the gameplay in no time at all. I think many people are missing out on some great games.