Intel NUC with Broadwell sepcs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel did an oopsie ... they posted the specs on a NUC (next unit of computing) desktop unit on their website. The NUC has DDR3L SO-DIMM slots, M.2 slots. ...

Intel NUC with Broadwell sepcs

2. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    These things are great.
    The i5 can decode 4k video and drive a 4k display without lagging. Wonderful media machine.
    For folks that don't need a 'gaming machine', this is basically a 1-stop solution.

I used to think that an APU itx/matx system was a good deal for 'regular folks'. Just add case + psu + hdd and go.

Now, this thing is even better. Drop in a drive, and go. Takes no space, nearly silent, low power, and reasonably fast. I dig em'.

This does everything that 'normal people' want, in a freakishly convenient form factor.
    IMO, just get a nice keyboard + nice mouse + nice display + NUC (vesa mounted on back of the display), and declare victory.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If your display supports the VESA mounts, you can build your own "AIO PC" really easily, granted you'll have more cables and it'll be more up-gradable than a real AIO....

I considered one of these NUCs instead of my HTPC but couldn't bring myself to "take the plunge".... Maybe next go round I'll do it.

4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Is that picture acurate? i dont even see a cpu chip on it

5. Ryrynz

Ryrynz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 960
    It's on the other side.