Intel Core i9 9900K benchmark leaks: Roughly 25% faster than i7 8700K

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    airbud7 and warlord like this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    So we are talking about a more finely-precisely tuned/oc'ed 8700k with more cores/threads, nothing ground breaking or new gen. The old thing but squeezing out more of it.

3. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Its 33% more cores then 8700K...and scored should be higher since the leaks suggested 4.7Ghz all core boost, Lets see how the thermals gonna be ;-).

4. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    What is wrong with just adding cores? Intel already has a good architecture. Personally my concern is what will the 9900K cost. I think it needs to be about $400 tops to really be competitive. Knowing Intel it might run something like $450. As long as this chip launches as an 8700K with 8 cores and 16 threads, as in same clocks and "overclockability" it will be a beast. The solidered IHS rumors need to hold true too. People bitched when 8700K was just more cores over the 7700K but what is wrong with that when you have a CPU that gained 50% in cores and commonly OCs to 4.9-5.2 Ghz? If the 9900K hits same 4.9-5.2Ghz overclocked it will stand in an 8 core league of its own. We knew Intel wasn't launching a new architecture just yet...

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I agree with you. But Zen 2 is also closing in. I cannot justify a long life in intel's 9 series. They are gonna get EOL soon enough. That is the interesting part, I expected more from this new line up.

airbud7 likes this.
  6. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I think performance here is a little bit lower than what we will actually see but as mentioned it showed lower clocks than expected. This CPU really needs to hit that 4.7Ghz all core as rumored and hopefully hits 5Ghz or so all core OCs. Temps shouldn't be too big of an issue as long as the IHS is soldiered as several sources have stated. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

7. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Lmao you're comparing a 16/32 800€ processor to a 8/16 400/450€. Hopefully you're not serious.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    vMax1965, airbud7 and warlord like this.
  8. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I agree Zen 2 is something worth thinking about but what it will bring is purely speculation this far out. The advantage that Zen 2 will probably have over a 9900K will be in the name of efficiency IMO. As long as this 9900K clocks high enough zen 2 will have its work cut out for it and it won't come for another 8 months or so at best after 9900K launch. Determining what you need at the time is really all you can look at. What happens when Zen 2 comes out you wait because Intel will respond with something? I don't expect Zen 2 to extinct a 9900K but merely offer more efficiency and value. Unless AMD plays the add cores game again lol. That would only do so much though. I think AMD will remain a value leader for people that core count matters to.

warlord, vMax1965 and airbud7 like this.
  9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    @3.1 GHz and kick 2700x butt bad! ...is that what I just read? ....good lawd amd need to tighten up! :D

10. vMax1965

vMax1965 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Gaming
    So 8 core 16 thread Intel versus 8 core 16 thread AMD and guess what the Intel wins core for core, thread for thread, nothing new, move along...C'mon be serouse for a minute, I'm no AMD or Intel fan just someone who wants great CPU's that are affordable regardless of who manufactures them..We are in a great time for CPU's (long may it continue) but to rubbish a CPU...just becouse it's Intel is just plain crazy...And the argument that Intel did nothing for 5 years is becouse AMD had nothing to compete with...Not Intel's fault rarther waiting for compition which has finally arrived..Great times ahead for us the consumers...If the 9900K is anything near what has been seen, it will be one hell of a CPU at 5GHz...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    warlord likes this.

11. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Speculative execution i will pass.
    Thx but no thx.
    [​IMG]

12. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    Hi Hilbert ,

why u said thaht ?
    I really hope it s not true , and of course , we can overclock this i9 9900k on actual Z370 motherboard.

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    More wattage for CPU need better vrms and quality materials plus improved power delivery through the circuits, I am sure it should be prohibited for older mobos.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    See what happens when Intel has competition? Finally they got their ass in gear instead of coming out with measly 5-10% gains.

carnivore likes this.
  15. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    I agree with you , but I still hope that with very good motherboard Z370 (like Asus Maximux X , gigabyte Aorus etc etc..) it wont be a problem.

16. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    High end z370 MB is good enough for 9900k :) Nobody buys low end MB to Oc the best chip.
    Asus Apex z370 will OC 9900k to the moon :D

17. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Waiting for Zen2 is like it was waiting for Vega 64. Waste of time :p

Waiting for 2years old performance o_O

warlord likes this.
  18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    What then for its younger brother z390? OC to the sun without liquid??? You see your wrong argument there... ;)

If they make the same mistake twice, I can foresee it's time to close their store. :D

19. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Explain for me. I didn't understand what you mean :)

20. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    yeah thats true , intel has been selling the same skylake based 14nm designs for 3years, going on 4. :D

I mean what are the chances that amd could catch up in that time?
    IMPOSSIBLE!