Homefront problem!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by zombie_666, Jul 23, 2011.

1. zombie_666

zombie_666 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Hi all. Few days ago i got some DVD with Homefront, I installed the game bu when i started to play most of graphics is black (see screenshot). Does anyone know what could it be, my PC is strong enough to run the game (currently i play Metro 2033 on high settings and native 1600*900) and have no problems there. I installed the latest drivers for my HD4850 but the problem remains.

[​IMG]

2. zombie_666

zombie_666 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    It's just not possible than no one can help me?! I mean, this is guru3d forum, somebody must know something about this issue.

3. That is a bad install. If it was a Steam version, do the "Verify Cache" by right clicking on the game in the Steam Library and choosing it from the pop up list. If not on Steam try running the DVD to see if it has a Repair option. If none of those pertain to you, uninstall the game and start over installing it.

The troll's answer: The Homefront problem is Homefront.

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Right click on the game in Steam, click properties. Click on set launch options and add -dxd9. See if that helps. If that doesnt help try and graphics driver update and disable ambient occlusion ingame.

5. zombie_666

zombie_666 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    Thnx guys, i tried everything but it won't work. Probably some bad version on DVD, who knows. I'll try to get another version and try again, the game seems interesting, i'm great fan of FPS games. I'm sooo sorry i can't play it :(

BTW, after a bit of reserach on web, i found out that Homefront has some really serious issues (i mean, some built-in issues). OMG, even Stalker -Clear Sky doesn't have so serious problems.

Thnx anyway for your help!!!

6. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    this is definitly a issue of your own. mine doesnt have any issues. as said above verify its integrity and steam will downlaod the missing textures. im pretty sure the game installs using steam. unless its pirated copy.

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    aye I have a great time with mine, either your dvd is corrupt (unlikely), you may need a newer DX (likely), may need a new cat driver(also likely) or your using a cracked copy (plausible).

:edit, steam only so you are using a copy, bad naughty boy buy your games!:smack:

You know how we know?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756421

you said that you may have to buy another copy of the dvd. Why would you do that when your game is tied to your steam account permanently eh? your not following the rules, goodbye.

:ban::whip:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  8. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    hmm, agreed looks like the pirate version. so no help from me. oh and my copy runs just fine. does anyone play this online?

9. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I have the steam version, and I have no issues here.

I heard that the game was short, so I put it on hard settings, I usually go for medium.

I am having a blast with the game, and on hard, these fire fights in SP are a freakin blast.

I love the SP....despite alot of people ragging on this game...I am finding it quite enjoyable...as much so as the CoD SP, and I like those also.