Help - Outlook & CCleaner fonts screwed

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Freeze, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Hello All,

Little help required. Somehow my Outlook fonts have changed from default to some other huge font.
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]

Please help to restore the default fonts. This is also happening in CCleaner.
    [​IMG]

I do not remember messing with fonts ... ever.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  2. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    I seem to remember having seen this before, but i can't really say i remember what the problem or fix is. How is your DPI settings ?

Give this link a look, just ignore the repair install unless your really that desperate.

Note that as the above is for XP and not Vista, when you check the FontSubstitutes registry key on Vista, the "FontSubstitutes/MS Shell Dlg" appears to be using "Microsoft Sans Serif" not "Tahoma". Well on my Vista x64 it is anyway and i don't remember changing anything with the fonts.

On Vista
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"MS Shell Dlg 2"="Tahoma"
    "MS Shell Dlg"="Microsoft Sans Serif"

On XP
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"MS Shell Dlg 2"="Tahoma"
    "MS Shell Dlg"="Tahoma"

3. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Thank you for your inputs. This is how my fonts are set
    [​IMG]

Do you see anything wrong here?

The reseting DPI trick mentioned in that link did not work. Well I will not bother with repair install as this is not hampering anything but I would still like to know the resolution.

4. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Looks exactly like i have it.

What about this, go to the theme settings and use the drop-down menu and restore the theme back to default. It should say "Modified Theme" now, and in the menu there is one called "Windows Vista", use that and see what happens. You may want to save your current theme settings first.

5. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Tried it, but didn't work. Thanks again for your time.

6. lewislink

lewislink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200
    Go into the "Display" menu in Control Panel and then click the "Appearance" tab. Now click the "Advanced" button. Click the "Item" dropdown menu and select "Message box" and post what the font size shows.

7. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Message box is showing Segoe UI - Size 9