Half Life 2 - Xbox

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Havokie, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Havokie

Havokie Master Guru

GPU:
    4890 Vapor-X 950/1150
    Got it a few days ago for the princely sum of 5 euro, wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it but it's actually amazing, light years ahead of anything else on the console in both visuals and gameplay, clearly showing what clever development can achieve - it does suffer from a bad framerate at times, but overall, a very enjoyable experience. Makes you wonder exactly how efficiently developers actually utilize the power of hardware.... A and B grade developers alike.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Escape from Butcher Bay was also an extremely good looking xbox game.

3. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    you know half life 2 graphs are outdated on the pc right?

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Considering the DX10 cards and features, you know all games that use only dx9 are outdated, right? :) :) :) :) :) <Smile>

5. Havokie

Havokie Master Guru

GPU:
    4890 Vapor-X 950/1150
    What sort of nonce are you?? Of course I know Half Life 2 is ancient. The whole point was out of the 1000's of games out on the 'box, Half Life 2 squeezed out by far the best experience and put all other FPS titles to shame (although as someone mentioned, Butcher Bay was another good one) - so I was more so addressing the fact that even including AAA titles, optimization is never.....well, as optimal as it could be. And that's it's amazing how they managed to port HL2 with the exact same engine w/o change to the 'box.

6. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    so what ur saying infact is that allmost all console games are by far not in the league of pc gaming?

if a 4 year old pc game is now top notch at the xbox...

7. Havokie

Havokie Master Guru

GPU:
    4890 Vapor-X 950/1150
    What I'm saying is you're missing the point entirely, and you do realize I'm talking about the Xbox original, not the 360. That came out 6 or so years ago, yeah?

8. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    i had the xbox version and at the time i thought the graphics were god awful!.
    but it played fine.

9. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    iam sorry!!! my bad!

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i have a ps2 owner but i alwyas wanted to buy a xbox (and xbox360 too) but they dont sell offical xbox here.

i watched and saw xbox DOOM 3. impressive. xbox has better visuals than ps2 i guess. ps2 games r awesome ofocruse. i am having fun with my ps2 , ps3 and psp but xbox does its job very well right?