GT HD Jesus Christ !...It's like real sh**

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GenerationGXX, Dec 24, 2006.

1. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI

I see, so you got sucked into the death trap vortex of WoW.

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    .....Dude Replays Always Look good.

The actual gameplay looks nothing like the replays.

3. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    fina; fantasy 2 on the snes is also my fav game of all time

4. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    You're joking right? Our PC games are already better...And I do admit those screen shots look damn nice but its just a racing game. So little detail compared to an FPS or an RPG. SO much less going on too. Now if it was a GTA game with those graphics THEN I'd be ****ting in my pants. And as it looks those arent gameplay shots. Just after the race when they show your car still going around the track after you already completed it. And I laugh at the people who say consoles are truely meant to game. I laugh because 95% of the PC games that are on consoles look better! At first glance the console games look good but after you take a good look you can easily spot how its worse.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006

5. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb

Erm like what exactly?

6. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    Sorry double post!!

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    my favourite games are street fighter games.

btw, most of us here are considered high end users if u check specs but the vast majority arent. My most played pc games are cs:s, 2nd only to hldm.

Crysis is more of an exception, not the trend. Although that does include unreal 2007, quake wars...even perhaps stalker to name just a few of the future big hitters.

chances of ps3 and/or xbox360 getting crysis or any of the above? highly likely!

while we hold the crown for best (over-all) gfx it certainly wont be the case forever. If this generation is "nearly" photo-realistic then next generation will be even closer. consoles will do high-res with ease within 5-10yrs so gfx wont be a valid argument.

only franchises will matter (unique or sequels) and i dont see the pc getting many exclusives years down the line...

oh and btw, show me 1 pc racing game that looks equal or better than those GT shots, forget fps...lets compare apples with apples.

8. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    im only getting a console for one thing. "Halo 3" Racing games arent my thing unless its Flatout or gta which is more action.

9. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    sweet hard to find someone else who loves it like I do, most people only talk FF7 which was a great one if I do say so myself

10. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB

Racing games are fun, I do not know of many racing games that are not on all systems. I also do not know of a game that looks better on a console than it does on a computer for any genre. There is no racing game at this time that looks better than the new GT, because its simply the latest out, but if you compare the latest Need for Speed's or Test Drive Unlimited (they are on PC as well) to the console versions and the specs, they do look better on PC. Sure those still pictures look real on GT for the PS3, computers have been able to do that before PS3 was out, it's nothing amazing, but none of them can do it in the gameplay. The fact is racing games look good because they don't take much, there is not much going on like in a FPS or an RPG. There was a thread on this forum that compared the still shots of Crysis with the real world shots, pictures of waterfalls and stuff, where there was a lot of action going on in the picture, not a still pic of a car, and they were nearly the exact same.

Don't try to match a console to a PC. PC's are ahead of consoles right now as it is, and they will only get further and further ahead. PC's are updating everyday, all the time. New graphics cards, CPU's, more memory, better everything is being developed every day for PC's, while consoles are unupgradeable. Why would you think a console is better? I don't understand your thinking, obviously we both know computers will always have better graphics. As for the exclusive games for a PC.. I point to every MMORPG ever made. Consoles are not into this genre, and its the most money making genre of games there as I stated a few posts above.
    Yes, I believe Crysis will be coming out on consoles and this will give you a nice chance to see the advantage computers have. You think the console market is flourishing more than the PC market for some reason and I do not understand this. I do not know one person that has a console, that does not own a PC. More games come out for the PC than any one console, they may not be the best games, but they are games.

Anywho, I guess I'm done on that matter. How about you search google for some articles about this subject, there are game developers that work with consoles and PC's that say the same thing, just in a bit more detail. I am not here to change your mind, I'll let you waste your $50 on a console game that you'll quit playing in a month or two while I continue to play WoW, for what is it, 3 years now? When it comes down to it, I go for gameplay over graphics, and you cannot beat a MMORPG's gameplay. The games are challenging, fun, and all of your friends can play with you at once. Ill piss on my 360 before I give up ANY MMORPG on a PC.

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    To me that looks great, the people wasent cardboard cutouts and the phiysics on the car moved real, and i liked the way the driver was moving inside the car,if this is the first wave of PS3 games look like imagine what the next wave of PS3 games will look like.

12. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    I'll draw judgement when I see actual racing vids. Your screenshot does look bloody good however. Gotta ask though, why does every PS3 (and some X360) game thread have to turn into "Consoles are crap, gonna justify my gaming machine!!! bollocks?

13. .Phobos.33

.Phobos.33 Member

GPU:
    Radeon 9600 SE
    Ya saw it a few days ago,
    Sure does look sw33t

14. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Because people have to go and say that PC gamers are ignorant.

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    ok, some good points there. I will elaborate.

1. Sure, many pc versions do look better due to scalable resolutions and sometimes extra effects but dont confuse looking better and running better. using nfs carbon as an example, it certainly looks good, but what about the pc specs required to run it? get my point?

2. i already mentioned upgradability in my first post. It's double edged. true, consoles cant match pc's for power but where we have to keep upgrading to sustain performance; consoles dont have to. Both sides have positives and negatives. While everything is definately getting better pc-wise, dont forget to look around and see just how many of us have the best of the best. Cars are always getting better, do we all own the best cars? no. Which means only some actually benefit from better/best technology while the majority have to go for low/mid-end. Dx9 cards will all run games at high-res and quality, but how many of those games are actually playable with console-like smoothness on the majority of systems?

I dont play MMORPG's so cant comment on the market but I believe its only a matter of time before consoles will have a similar albeit smaller collection of titles. This market is also the most saturated of all, how many people subscribe to more than 1 MMORPG? very few i'd imagine.

I dont know the current situation re sales of consoles or pcs, i'm just stating the pro's for consoles although i dont own any. As for more games coming out for pc, i'm not doubting it. What i'd like to know is how many games did people buy in the last year? How many of those werent major titles? Exactly.

When crysis is ported to xbox360 it'll be the cheapest way to play it and likely to run better than a pc 2-3 times the price of the console. Possibly less detailed, lower-res but still smooth plus no vista requirements :p

3. I'll use the same money from not having to subscribe to 1 game to get a nice variety of games and support developers. After 3 years of subscribing you still only have 1 game and btw, enjoy paying again for the expansion packs! :p

16. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    And don't forget that PS3 runs only with 8 ROPs/pixel pipelines when comparing with the geforce 7800GT which has 20 ROPS!!!!

A PC GFXcard with only 8 ROPs/pixel pipelines can not run the latest PCgames at optimal speed and optimal graphical settings!

17. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    who says gfx is not all, hell yeah its a big major point on the pc. i don´t want to have an 24+ tft/lcd/crt what ever and an pc for about 3k$ or more to play ****ti gfx @8x6 with 0xAA+AF!!!!

example: i´m so dissapointed about r6vegas, its just a x360 port, with nothing done for the pc. sure its fun as hell and i enjoy it very much, because its done very well on the gameplay, but what i hate on this game is:

no dualcore optimized
    no AA+AF
    no pc online inteface just a x360 copy (i mean no ping, no faf, no ip.....)
    AI sometimes very dumb (because of sys mem of the x360) i don´t know
    than what i hate is that trigger spown. (you have to walk somewhere to spawn new terrorists. thats dumb i walk forward and on one time in front of me are from nowhere 3 terror freaks shooting @ me. look ravenshield on pc you have a level with 50 scumbagzz and they all there, you can take cover you can tacticaly plan you see how the walking where they looking and so on.
    no save or quick save
    and the other anoing thing for me is because the terrorists not there like they have to is, like the map "DAM" i think ohh thats big i take the sec weapon a sniper, but for what???? you look like 200m down somewhere but there is noone, bacause of that "walk over the trigger to spawn terro." thing. thats very annoing because of that trigger spawn it allmost close combat. it´s not that bad, but think about what i mean... or see in the official r6vegas pc forum about people complaining about this things like me and more.

sure the gfx is nice, but it could be done better for pc like the robe or that cable thing and munition clips bags they all painted on the characters and doen little bit with bumpmapping thats it looks like its seperated from the body, yeah maybe you see it on the x360 right but on the pc it looks stupid and unrealistic.

anyway, the game is nice and i love it to play, but this are things you don´t want to see when you got a pc for3k$ or more, my is nomore 3k$ but still good enough to see and play such a game diff. and for an examle i play fear 16x12 with AA+AF on on high and vegas on 1024 0xAA+AF because not there and on medium because it´s so bad optimized.

this is why people stop buying games, bacause from 9 of 10 games theyre dissapointed because of such things...

cheers to all

18. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Touche but thats not really gaming anymore.

20. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Please dont turn this into a PC vs Console debate again , it reminds me of the athiest vs religion threads on Fark. Neither arguement is going to win. Just marvel at the graphics for what they are , im sure we all have an appreciation of great looking games no matter what console / PC they are on.