GRID BSOD problems?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SkaarjMaster, Jun 25, 2012.

1. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-280 1GB
    OK, I've had this game lying around for almost two years and I finally tried to install it, updated to the latest patch and now I'm getting BSODs everytime I start it. All my other games work flawlessly (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT, Unreal Gold, Doom3, Quake4, Painkiller, Q3A, etc.). I've explored a bit online and it could be the drivers, but I'd like to rule out everything else and I'm not sure I'm going to even change drivers for one game either. I have Nvidia drivers 182.06 right now and they have worked great!

Anyway, I did notice during installation that the game seemed to mess with my DirectX9.0c and added some files (why did it F with DX?). Also, now when I run the DXdiag tests, the Dx cubes spin wildly fast and they have never done that before. Of course, I've also heard that they might do this anyway with no problems. So if it's not the Nvidia drivers, then what else could it be? Any ideas? Thank you.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's the game.

3. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Where have you been for the last few years?
    Your drivers are ancient - 182.06 are over three years old now!!!
    The latest Nvidia official ones are 301.42, try updating them!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    That one's simple. You've forced vsync off.

By the way, most of the latest games try and bring DirectX9 up to date. It's completely normal.

5. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    When you installed the game it installs the latest DirectX at the time for the game to use. Usually does this for all games. 2 things to try.

Get direct x web setup and use it to install the latest direct x files. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also get the latest VGA update. Don't live in the past and don't try "if it aint broke blah blah" UPDATE AND GET WITH THE TIMES AND ENJOY YOUR GAMES :D!

6. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-280 1GB
    Yep, I'll probably have to upgrade the drivers and I'm way behind the curve with new games, but I've been stuck in the Unreal universe.;) I'll try updating the drivers when I install Rage later this summer.:)

EDIT: basically, it looks like it's only a choice between two (the 296.10s or 295.73s).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012