Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems Rockstar shut down the Liberty City Mod for GTA5, which was going to be released this summer.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    too bad i was gonna try to get that mod.

3. BlazeInterior

BlazeInterior Guest

GPU:
    24GB
    IT happened to me too, but luckily i wasn't too far into THAT

4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Can someone explain to me why this game is STILL in the Top 10 monthly steam sales?

Surely people aren't getting it for the SP? Is the online any good - I never really tried it after finishing the campaign.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    People are still getting it because... most likely.. they don't own it, and it was on sale for a really good price.
    And yes, several people get it for the single player. Next to Vice City, GTA5 has the best story in the series.

It's still there because it's a damn good game. The campaign is great, and while I've never touched it, a lot of my friends absolutely love the online mode.

6. MikeR

MikeR Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780Ti 4 GB
    Is anyone playing GTA 5 on PC in stereo 3D (w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision 2) and if yes, what's the experience like?

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Heavy impact on fps (some times half fps..) to some areas (dev coding bug..gpu usage drops with no actual reason, similar for cpu), though immersion is amazing..

have an example:

3d OFF
    [​IMG]

3d ON
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  9. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    GTA V like most GTA looks fun, but no private coop mode (without the rest of the public trash joining in) or mod support in coop mode won't make this a long lasting game for me at least.

Its too bad because in that video above would have been way more fun with a few buddies readying an escape car or bikes in the trailer so when the truck stops, they can open it up and pull out and continue the mayhem, without any public griefing.

Hopefully GTA 6 will remedy that.

Looks like a great game though. One day I may pick it up when it becomes irrelevant and when Trash2 leaves it alone.

10. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i play offline, just the story and i think i'll play this for a long time. So much stuff to do. To me just driving on a dirt bike on the trails in first person view is fun. Funniest game iv'e ever played too. Technology wise better than anything ever! Big improvement over GTA4.

IMO and MetaCritic this is the best game this generation. Can't wait for GTA6.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I know how you feel. My GTA 3,VC,SA and IV/EFLC are modded up to heck and I still play it all in SP.

But after playing a lot of coop in ARMA, I want my friends and family to play with me also but without the griefing from the public at large, just like ARMA.

So will wait for GTA 6 or the new Everywhere game from one of the devs of GTA 3 to V who left (fired and is suing Thrash2/R*) and formed his company.

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    You can do private sessions online, me and a friend do it when we dont want the public hassle

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Can you do all the MP missions in private including the heists? That would be great to get rid of all the cheaters.

14. brubaker

brubaker Guest

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290 4G D5
    Improved graphics but after a bit boring :)

15. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I installed it again to see for myself what the fuss was about.

I installed the Redux and vehicle realism (or something) mods - and wow it looks astonishingly gorgeous and runs great too.

The vehicle realism thingy brought some drastic change to vehicle handling, each vehicle has its own personality. I may just play the SP all over again.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Yes you can, get 2 or 4 friends and invite them to the private session then do whatever you want :)

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what is this redux mod and where to get it from?

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Quick google

https://gta5redux.com/

19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Ya, had to reinstall GTA V after my initial reinstallation because I F'ed up the mod installation on the first try. It isn't hard by any means, you just gotta read the 'Read Me' first :D

Redux mod is just a graphical mod for the game. Imo it way way better.

20. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    best game iv'e played ever! I can't believe the technology behind this game. Fly around with the helicopter, and see the city, it's alive..... Freekin amazing.
    GTA6 should give me a woody.:)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017