Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. raggazam

raggazam Member Guru

GPU:
    Gtx1080

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    you can actually only do heists, not CEO, motorcycle, or gunrunning missions.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The Heists I can see why you would want to do them they at least came about before Rockstar went creatively bankrupt when it comes to making missions. The CEO, Motorcycle and Gunrunning missions are all variants of go there, kill dudes, collect item, return item and have been clearly designed as less of a fun activity and more a way of costing the player time and in game money trying to complete them.

To put it simply the CEO, MC and GR missions end up with players finding the quickest and cheapest way to complete them so that they can grind through them quickly, so yeah not missing much not having them in single player.

4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Thanks fellow Gurus... GTA 4 Online was a funny expedition but if there are no true old school coop missions worth playing, then GTAVO ain't worth it.

Also checkout these funny GTA 5 videos...

If only GTAO had coop missions like these, it could have been awesome.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yep, the online formula of GTA:O is awful. I've tried to come back a few times, but the last time I tried with the gunrunning update, I kept having the usual unacceptable wait times the game is known for. And to add to that, I kept getting stuck in black loading screens for no apparent reason. You think after this many years they could have fixed such simple yet aggravating issues, like trying to enter a full lobby causing you to be kicked out of your current free roam session and then you have to load into a new one. Like, wow. Not to mention the horrors of the loading times themselves. I wouldn't mind the grind nearly as much if the loading times were 25% of what they are. 1 minute plus is simply unacceptable when the single player loads 4 times faster.

6. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Guys, you should try NaturalVision Remastered Mod. Game looks great without noticable framerate drops.

I'm playing this on mix of high and ultra settings at 4K60FPS. Performance is almost perfect (recording 4K video with high bitrate is killing FPS, so normal game works a lot better). i7-6700, 16GB RAM and GTX1080.

7. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Playing this game with Natural Vision Mod during my summer break now, single player at 1440p all maxed out. 55 to 60 degrees celsius on my water cooled card.
    LOVING IT!!

8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Yep thats why I got it. Too expensive, waited for the summer sale and now playing SP. No regrets

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i need to reinstall it and apply the graphics mod called:redux v.12

10. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Oh my god I know what you mean, no dedicated servers everything you do is peer to peer, every missions, race, deathmatch, freeroam mode you're connecting to someone elses computer via what can only be described as the world's ****t*st match making service. The game then decides it requires every single player to handshake, confirm, whatever you want to call it before it will load you or a mission in which leads the fantastic situation of you waiting for the 30 player race to start, watch it load, watch it load and then you work out that someone has dropped out and the game is waiting and waiting for them to respond before it will start and the kicker is you have NO WAY to disconnect or cancel or drop back to freeroam other than shut the game down or pull the ethernet cable. It's just poor and the fact that it hasn't improved since the game launched 3 FRICKING YEARS AGO is just sad.

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I was reading the B*tch and Moan thread about online at GTAForums and laughed at a lot of the glitches ... I mean features... like seriously is the online AI programmed to constantly RAM / crash into your car so you will fail the mission and trying to force the users to buy sharkcards? That sounds like a class action lawsuit on ***** if you ask me...

Also, can't you guys setup and join dedicated servers with FiveM or is that just a like a blank server with the map and some mods only but no active AI to populate the world? If it could run all the GTAO gamemodes then that may be worthwhile to play in.

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    "I" as me or your?
    BTY my savegames are offline on my disk how do I get them online in case of reinstall or windows crash?

13. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Check RSC settings, your saves should be automatically saved in the cloud.

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lol the car physics are and do go full r*tard and a lot of it is because Rockstar have no idea how to program convincing car physics (remember this is called GRAND THEFT AUTO, the least you could expect is that they got the AUTO part right) and others are to make the players job much much harder.

Yes the AI does indeed go maximum stupid when the player is doing missions, well when the NPCs detect weapons fire, which is usually what is happening in the missions and they WILL often drive right in front of you I've witnessed trucks spawn in an run red lights on purpose just to cause you to smash up a CEO vehicle delivery.

How about what happens when you're car is hit by the police, the game actually for an instant puts full steering lock on the players car to give the impression that they have performed a pit move on you.

How about in races when your car gets hit from behind and the game actually reduces your ability to steert turning your vehicle in to a dead stick to give the impression that you've been forced off the track.

How about a car physics engine that actually behaves differently depending on what graphics setting you have or what kind of connection you have to whoever happesn to be the game host

How about a race mechanic so broken that you can't actually complete some of the stunt races?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzGCWSsJAc&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZW5LDXs3oY&feature=youtu.be

The last one really irks me because I reported it to Rockstar got passed from pillar to post for a week before being told it had been 'elevated' to their Q and A team for further work, quit the game for two months during which time they released the massive Gun Running update, came back to find that the issue STILL hasn't been fixed.

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I play ARMA online and that AI goes nutz when gunfire erupts also but not on the level of GTAV in comparison.

It is crazy C* would allow this... those videos just demonstrates broken DLC that has not even passed QA!

I have all the GTA games on PC except V and portables and just cannot believe the AI is so bugged out with all the money they make.

It must be a business decision to have that kind of AI system to suck more money from players due to Shark Cards... or C* are a bunch sadist fuggers watching the sheep take it ...

No wonder everyone wants the SP DLC more than the "free" online junk. I'm just going to pass on online, wait for the 5 USd price on steam when 6 comes out to play it in SP. No need to waste online time doing ALPHA testing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

16. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Well i read some ware a while ago. That Grand Theft Auto Online aka GTA6 is going too be a online only game story mode too. So if they are still going too use no dedicated servers it's going to be another cheaters paradise. I well keep my money thanks

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If GTA6 is online only... I will be incredibly disappointed.
    Specially since I enjoyed 5 so much. Would be really annoyed that they finally made a GTA I found good... only for them to turn around to make the next one a style of game I hate.

18. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Yeah,,, I'm out also.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i could care less to buy the game if its online, i want a single player experience especially with GTA , it is a game that should be a Singleplayer game and thats it.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't play GTA Online. Absolutely zero interest in it, I've got a few friends who've tried to get to play online with them... I tried for a bit, and was so bored.

GTA is a hit and miss series for me.
    I like GTA 3, and LOVE Vice City. But San Andres and GTA4 were, IMO, awful. Hated both of them, boring stories, horribly whiny and obnoxious characters... just... meh.

But, GTAV, I really loved. It had a great, almost campy tone to it's 80s-esque style.
    After GTA Online blew up, I worried that Rockstar would take that as some sign and start to focus too much on it.