Google To End Cooperation With Huawei

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 20, 2019.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    If I am not mistaken, they can still use Android Cos it's open source. Or maybe one if the variationsof the os?

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes the free variant is AOSP

Clawedge likes this.
  3. SmootyPoody

SmootyPoody Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 ref
    So they cant use Android at all in coming devices? Then what? Its not like there are any real competitors to android that you can use. So will they just shut down business?

4. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    May it be a good start to let whole generations to get back on track? :)
    I propose this one, one only per house :)
    [​IMG]
    P.S. I still remember times when I wanted to get in touch with a friend of mine and I could not cause his sister was usual to stay at least two hours per day on the line, LOL :)

Last edited: May 20, 2019

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This whole situation is awkward.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    They will be not certified by Google, so basically Google Play Services are a no go.

The sad part is this isn't doesn't even seem like a decision from Google. Huawei definitely in the past has made some good strides in the Android world.

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    iirc there is an open source Rom depository that works like the play store on android, i used to have it on my old rooted phone.
    Quite a lot of apps on there, but a lot of popular apps are missing.
    VLC was there at least.
    F-Droid, thats it.

edit : one solution, at least

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @realDonaldTrump stop being childish and grow-up. My 7yrs old cousin is more wise than you.

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Open source Android so they can use it. Just the Play Store and updates are affected.

10. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Being as most American companies make most of their stuff in China there would seem an obvious escalation for the Chinese to take.

11. gdmaclew

gdmaclew Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX-580 4GB
    A bunch of news stories and propoganda?
    You mean like China arresting 2 innocent Canadian citizens and condemning 2 others to death because we detained Huawei's CEO as part of an extradition agreement Canada
    has with the US?
    China is a rogue government that has zero respect for human rights or the rule of law and Huawei is an arm of that government.
    It's interesting that so many people are more concerned with missing out on the latest smart phone than the well-being of people.
    Good for Intel and Google for banning Huawei for what they represent.

Now, go ahead and ban me from the forum for expressing my opinion.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/20/intel-qualcomm-cut-off-supplies-to-huawei/

Seems Google is not the only one.

Not gonna ban you, but let's not turn this into a political argument. One and only warning you will get.

13. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think you can replace China and Huawei with other country and its major company and it will still be valid.

We just believe in what we want to believe. If you decide to believe in what news are telling you, its fine.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Honestly. Android is not an issue. They can use it. Main issue on software level will be google account.
    Imagine all those applications which need some kind of sign up for consistency/cloud data backup.

There is still FB signup available and FB in contrast to google does not have chance to check your HW.

Now imagine that Huawei as big as it is does not go under, but creates separate eco system. One less big competitor in reasonably good phone category at reasonable price gone = higher prices in long run for google's eco system.
    Can you not do that? It is kind of inappropriate to claim such things. IIRC, you do it time to time. You may have thing for her, but that's about it.

15. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    All they do is steal everyone else's intellectual property and because they are the tech wing of China, Huawei thinks they are untouchable.

airbud7 likes this.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    And people laughed at me when I said Trump will be the worst President in recent history!

He is a complete and utter goon, a total tool of the highest calibre. He recently went passed the 10,000 mark for lies that were proven factually wrong.

Yet some people still lap him up. I actually don't think its all him though, I truly think he is just a mascot and the people behind the scenes are ones really pulling the strings in their favour in order to make them selves even richer, whilst the poor suffer, as usual.

sykozis, WalterDasTrevas and Keitosha like this.
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    On other hand. Did you keep same statistics for other presidents?

airbud7 likes this.
  18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    EU joint USA for this but have chosen Huawei for the mobile 5G implementation... (stupidity of technocrats to add to: buying ultra expensive gaz from USA instead of Russia as before and in the same way an extra custom tax on car and motorcycle from USA).

I have read lot of mistake, it is not so dramatic:

-Huawei CAN use open source android version but it is not the latest one.

-Huawei CAN'T use the google app on it (maps, street, gmail, play, store...) neither FB (snapchat, instagram, FB) or twitter (because the origin of this situation is USA that doesn't want PRC to use USA product and put embargo)

-Actual Huawei products will still work until update is needed, also they will update the OS lot less often due to passing on the open source version.

-Huawei production that is for PRC, haven't got already all that stuff because PRC put an embargo on everything that contain google (take an article from USA about inteligence from PRC, exchange PRC and USA in the article and you have a bran new article about how google spy PRC...).
    and chinese consumer doesn't have problem to found an app made by local dev that have the same fonction than google's one.
    For those who know it is like when you made a custom build android that cannot go to google store... as easy as this.

It's more a loose/loose than a win/win (google seem unhappy too).

19. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    Unbelievable ! It's a precedent, who will be next !!!

20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    HTC and Wiko are not concerned (taiwan and french's chinese brand), but Honor, Xioami, Oppo, Doro could be but for the moment they are not in the line of fire from USA.
    (also they are not as big as Huawei).