Ghost Recon Wildlands

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    (please quote)

You are right in that perspective but I saw it like this could have been the prettiest BR game out there :)

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    News in a few hours i guess..for tomorrow's update.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Not bad. Back to Bolivia then.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    15th title update is out now, update 5 for Ghost Wars PvP mode.
    https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wil...8-16/update-5-special-operation-1-patch-notes

New additions and the following bug fixes:

EDIT: Not a huge fan of PvP but the new challenge sounds interesting and it'll still be available later though the reward is time limited, also nice to see a slight AMD GPU performance improvement though I would have liked to customize the AI weapons but I can see it being a bit game breaking if players could Tier-1 gear them too heh.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Wife and I just completed FC5 so going to restart Wildlands and play through that again coop, I never bought any of the DLC and a bit confused which DLC if any add coop stuff if anyone can run me through it please? :)

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    As far as DLC goes both are CooP compatible but "Narco Road" is rubbish, conversely "Fallen Ghosts" is really good.

The Year 2 season pass (released today) is PvP only so if that doesn't interest you, don't buy that either.

DannyD likes this.
  8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Perfect thanks I'll check out Fallen Ghosts then :)

9. shadow85

shadow85 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 STRIX OC (SLi)
    So anyone here, using a Reshade mod + SLi?

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Is Wildlands terrible performance wise in Crossfire or there's something wrong with my setup? After playing Far Cry 5 it seems I've taken a step back in time in terms of visuals and performance going back to Wildlands, I didn't remember it was this ugly/badly optimised :(

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game runs pretty poorly comparably between AMD and NVIDIA GPU's of similar performance levels though since they operate a bit differently just straight comparing them is going to give different results depending on what the game in question is geared towards.

Far Cry 5 and say Assassin's Creed Origins is geared towards shader performance, not too sure about Far Cry and Dunia and how that's changed since Far Cry 3 but for older Anvil Engine Next used in Assassin's Creed Unity, Syndicate, For Honor and Wildlands there's a nice amount of changes in Origins, there's a lot of usage of compute shaders for example and this from reading up on a bit about things is helping AMD by having less dependency on ROP's which has been a weakness for AMD since GCN debuted compared against NVIDIA.

Polaris such as the 400 series from AMD improves things when it comes to geometry performance by having this discard functionality for the hardware but it's not as efficient, still assuming Crossfire scaling is not borked in the drivers in some way or the newest update to the game itself then 2x GPU's should be handling thins pretty well.

For my own quick tests the only thing that really made a dent in the games performance or rather a lack of it was running on a sub-sampling resolution by dropping the slider beneath 100% or native, most of the other effects short of TurfFX only had a minimal impact on framerate in comparison though shadows had a little bit of of a difference between the very highest value and the others and textures would be a problem after a while as VRAM became problematic but at 8 GB that's not a issue here for the 480 GPU. :)

Otherwise the game chugs along at around 30 FPS and drops a bit during busier areas, higher can happen in more remote areas but the game is quite demanding at least for AMD GPU's.
    (Not as bad as Watch_Dogs 2 though, with support being over and AMD likely not doing much from the driver side of things that's on the backlog until a stronger GPU can be acquired for a OK price. :p )

So I guess with scaling the 480 could reach around 40 - 50 for Crossfire depending on resolution (I'm at 2560x1440) and factors such as which region you're currently in and what's happening in it.
    (Individually they're a tad bit weaker than the Fury although architectural advantages and the high clock speeds of the revamped 500 series really bridge the gap now.)

I'll have to do a quick search to see what other CFX users are reporting although many of the benchmarks and tests for the game were done at release.
    (Testing every driver and patch and maintaining that would be tough for just one game trying to monitor changes at least for the games active support cycle, let alone several titles.)

EDIT: Around 40-ish from the articles I browsed through, 1920x1080 though which hopefully the game performance is better than that now or scaling just isn't very good for this game.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Using a single 580 and a mixture of settings around the high mark I struggle to keep somewhere around 40-50fps at only 1080p, I tried crossfire (580 and 480 combined) and performance seemed way worse using the Wildlands profile than using a single card :(

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm glad this game benefits from G-sync that well cause it sure is extremely heavy on the GPU. I think it's the most demanding game I have right now.

Death_LV likes this.
  14. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Quick update. I have gotten this game running really well recently after a few rounds of testing. Long story short, fullscreen mode with no external or in game frame rate limiters and no v-sync with MPRF of 1 is running super smooth and gives me super low latency. My sniping was noticeably more accurate after coming from any other combination of settings, whether it was borderless fullscreen, RTSS, NPI v2 frame limiter, in game frame limiter or MPRF set to default. I'm super prone to noticing tearing which is why I use v-sync where I can, but playing Wildlands uncapped and with no v-sync isn't showing much tearing if any to my eyes.

Windows 10 1803 - driver version 397.64

15. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    But without v-sync, aren't your components getting a bit hot? I'use some form of frame rate limiting just to keep temps a bit lower.

16. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Not really. It is summer here in TX so my ambient is 78F-79F throughout the day and my CPU goes between 58C-66C while GPU is 68C-71C even after a 3 hour Wildlands session. If I use the RTSS or in game frame limiter I get visible tear lines at different spots on the screen. I might look into the new MSIAB feature some time soon to see if I can use a frame cap with no tear lines.

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I don't remember the game being so demanding on my gtx 1080, i maxed it out last night at 1440p locked at 72fps and my card averages around 80% usage.
    Edit: make that 90% usage holding 72fps in heavy action.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    When i left pc gaming a few years back this was my main game, i had just bought a 1080 and remember not being impressed with it's performance in-game. (980ti previous)
    Was using a 6700k at time and not long afterwards i sold whole rig.
    Imo this game has aged well and i hear the new one has many graphical nerfs and is less demanding.
    Love the amount of helis there are and gunplay is very tight.:)

19. geoman88

geoman88 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF
    Hello there, does anyone know why Nvidia Freestyle is not working on GRWL ?

20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I remember way back when Ghost Recon had a full time 1st person playable view. Too bad Wildlands doesn`t.