GeForce Hot Fix driver 361.82

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stigbeater, Feb 1, 2016.

1. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I knew i should wait for the fix and here it is :D

2. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Not surprised after all the abuse he got here after barely a couple of weeks. :bang:

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I did notice this from the other side of the room, but though i had just left a USB drive plugged in.

Not that i care about the bandwidth, but does this really need a full 323 MB driver package to fix?

4. Yes.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No. Expect another hotfix on that tomorrow. It'll be just 321 MB.

6. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    It just reloads the driver, I think, almost like when it would crash and restore itself. You can hit eject and it won't mess up your computer.

7. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    so guys.. how about the performance & stability of this driver ? is it worth to install ?

I'm still using 355.85 quadro.

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    He could barley answer the simplest of questions.

9. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    yeahhh:supercool

10. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Ok I don't know who to report this to but I'm having the same issue with these drives as the previous versions.
    NVbackend is interfering with Corsair Utility Engine, stopping it from seeing my keyboard.
    Uninstall and roll back to 361.60 the issue is gone.
    Heck if I restart and not allow vnbackend to run or end the process there's no problem, yet 361.60's version of nvbackend doesn't cause an issue.

Edit:
    A little deeper digging, if nvbackend (on these drivers) starts AFTER Corsair Utility Engine there's no problem, if it starts first it stops the software from seeing the keyboard.
    Strange it even happens at all as previous nvidia drivers were never a issue.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm not sure I should try this hotfix driver since I already skipped the last one producing the now fixed bug. :D

12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    You could change the startup type of the drivers to delayed.

13. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    i'm not sure if you took the post serious , but the post you were replying to was a sarcastic post and not serious :bang::bang:

14. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Yeah just tried that, I think it's the drivers in general causing issues withe the Corsair software.
    Doesn't matter if nvtray or nvbackend don't load on startup the software won't see the keyboard, takes about 3 tried to get it to work.
    Yet if I roll back to 361.60 everything works perfectly

I'm guessing there's something probing the ports in the new nvidia drivers due to the new external gpu support.

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Seems abit pointless this driver when there was a simple regedit to disable the card showing up in safely remove hardare tray.

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I find it strange I also have Corsair software for my mouse no problems here so far with the new drivers. Do you have tried reinstall the corsair engine after you have installed the nvidia drivers ? perhaps that may solve it :)

17. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    I,m not one to bitch at Nvidia but why on earth release a driver for that so called issue? Very strange:3eyes:

18. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Same, I have a Corsair mouse too, but it's iffy with the K70 RGB keyboard, where using the previous 361.60 there was no issues.

I just tried swapping my mouse to the USB 3 port(from the usb 2) and plugged the keyboard into the usb 2 ports (it take up 2 usb 2 ports due to needing the extra power), reinstalled 361.82, problem gone.
    Strange the old drivers were fine (12 months without having to unplug my mouse or keyboard), but these 2 new drivers had a issue, but figured out a work around. :rock:

Anyone figured out how to properly stop the nvtray from starting (I had to edit the registry when fiddling)

19. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Good for you :)

20. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    nvidia make good game drivers but at time goes by there is more junk getting bundled with the drivers (ie) the 3d stuff, sheild junk and streamer service , i think they should make that stuff a seperate download from the drivers because lot people dont have a sheild or want stream on twitch, nvidia need to think about all customers not just youtubers and twitch, right now you can untick the junk thank god but if nvidia make that junk mandatory i would not buy a new gpu from them