GeForce GTX TITAN-X 3DMark Benchmarks Surface

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    In thoses benchmark, the TitanX ( depending the clockspeed and against what 980 ( G1 or stock ), is around 25-30% faster of a 980 G1 / stock. 3Dmark11 and 2013.. ), let say 30%..

Ofc, this will depend the final clock speed... And if we can trust thoses benchmark..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. dingyibvs

dingyibvs Guest

GPU:
    650Ti
    I think it was pretty obvious what was going on since the release of the 970/980. I mean, did anyone wonder why the 970/980 were released w/ such attractive prices? When was the last time a card was released with a pricetag that's LESS than the previous generation's card of the same category upon its release?

The answer is simple: AMD is gonna leapfrog Nvidia for this generation, and Nvidia knows it. This is why it's been trying to capture as much market share as possible before AMD releases its 300 series. The reasoning goes that if someone already splurged on a 980, it's less likely that they'll upgrade to a 390X half a year later. My suspicions were strong when 970/980 were released with surprisingly appealing prices, and now they're almost confirmed with this lackluster Titan X performance.

The problem, of course, is that AMD knows this too, and you can bet that they'll milk the performance crown as much as they can until Nvidia catches up. This means that the 300 series will be pretty friggin expensive when they come out.

3. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    If the 300 series of cards is so expensive, like titan style expensive, who will buy it?

Dont they need to cut prices and price competitively to get back market share?

4. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm impressed :), SLI scores almost 50000 points in 3dmark11

BTW- TITAN X will cost 999 USD.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    benchmarks are hardly needed
    just add one GTX 960 on top of GTX 980

980 performance: adding 1 additional GM206 on top of GTX 960 results in 90% geometry scaling.
    Assuming same/similar clocks and to get Titan X performance just take GTX 980 and add another GM206 with ~80% scaling

80% x 0.5 = 0.4

40% faster voila!

6. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    It was a mistake. $7,994 was the price for one and $24,064 for 4. See, you get a discount for 4.

7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    mine is around 6k buck (without the tesla of course) but it's for work, i play on my htpc with lot less (but enough) power... depend on your need/desire...

titan was an 50% fail as entry level pro card (for a pro card is really cheap) but gamer like it to play... so why not have a success as a gamer GPU?

8. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Impressive numbers but I just know the price is going to be just stupid. Guess I'll be hanging on for the 1080 or what ever they call the Titan X with 6GB ram like they did with the 780's. One of those should hold me off for a while.

9. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    The 690 was a beast for sure but, it seems like they've been avoiding a more affordable dual card having skipped it for two generations.

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    The way I see it is that people pay for what they want. Someone wants to game at 4k with all the bells and whistles turned on then they're going to have to pay for that.

The standard (I guess) today is 1080p, so if you want more than that it'll cost more. And if one card can offer the experience of what multiple had to do before I'd have to say that is pretty remarkable.

We have time to see what these new cards are fully capable of. I'm truly interested in the DX12 architecture behind these new beauties.....

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I want a titan x msi lightning + h20, that would be nice.

12. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    If u like heat and crappy driver support then be my guest.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    AMD's driver support hasn't been crappy in forever. Stop clinging to old nonsense. This isn't even to mention that the Titan is a 300w card, probably the same with the 390x.

14. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O
    Wow... How wildly ignorant of you... You do realize that the memory issue only effects the 970 and NOT the 980... Or are you too busy vilifying Nvidia to remember that point? I agree that Nvidia dropped the ball with the whole 970 issue but maybe getting your facts straight would help to further people listening to what you have to say instead of instantly recognizing that you obviously harbor negative biases towards Nvidia (to the point of making false claims). It just ruins your credibility on forums such as these. Think about it next time...

15. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    I am curious how well the Titan X overclocks and what its thermals are like.

16. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    When was the last time AMD released a driver.... Yeah, December....:confused:

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So? Is there some kind of issue? Performance problem some place? Is a new driver actually needed anywhere? My friend as a 290x, we play all the same games, including newer ones like Evolved. No issues. I don't see the problem.

18. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    Dying Light and Crossfire? FarCry 4 no Crossfire support at all? etc etc.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Lots of PEBKAC and people who don't own AMD products to be honest. It's great that there's a new Nvidia flagship coming out and I can't wait to see what it can do, but some will take every chance they get to shat all over AMD, since why not?

20. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    yes there are those that bash at every turn but there is a number of owners that are getting frustrated with AMD's driver cycle. and to write if off as PEBKAC looks familiar to the frame pacing issue of a few years ago; that AMD did a fantastic job correcting i may add.