GeForce ForceWare 260.89 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sarditia, Oct 11, 2010.

?

260.89 Beta Rating:

Poll closed Oct 25, 2010.
  1. Better than 260.63

102 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. Worse than 260.63

13 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. The same.

52 vote(s)
    28.4%
  4. Not good at all.

16 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    MPC HC, Output: EVR Custom Press. **, and also have the problem with madVR,
    and also have the problem with VLC media Player.

Have no Codec install only AC3Filter.

And problems are gone with Geforce Win7 x64 258.96 WHQL.

Update, i use a HDMI cable on my Samsung LED TV.

Thanks for the link.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    NO i think the new drivers are broken, no problem with Geforce Win7 x64 258.96
    WHQL, and i also think that he has no problem anymore if he uses Geforce
    258.96 WHQL, or atleest a lot less.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    AN OS re-install is a touch early.

The Mass Effect blue polygon thing is an issue many people are having with these drivers, it might be fixed in the 260.93 dev drivers though, i've heard contradictory information so far.

As i've already said to him, F1 needs patched, and Dirt2 has crashing issue depending on the sound card used.

A driver uninstall, possibly driver sweeper as it won't do any harm, and a re-install is worth a try though, as the 258's shouldn't have an overscan issues, well not on either of my TV's anyway.

AmigaWolf, with VLC too, damn, i definetly don't have the problem, as its the first thing i notice on video playback.

4. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

Yes me to, i watch almost everyday movies on my computer, so i want a fix
    for this if it can.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm assuming you have done the uninstall, then Driver Sweeper thing, then re-install, so prob not much you can do other than go back to 258.96, or try out 260.93.

It's part of the reason i have three W7 partitions, one for games, the other for movies, and a third for just testing stuff, as the best driver for game, isn't always the best of video playback, and vice versa.

6. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes i have alreaddy don that, thanks for the help, but i must use Geforce Win7
    x64 260.89 WHQL if i want to listen to Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master, on
    my new receiver (ONKYO TX-SR508 7.1) that i will get next week.

And i already have read that someone els with the same problem as i have, has
    also the same problem in 260.93

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah, well that does suck, i'm guessing the same thing with the 260.63 ones? Do you use spdif at the moment, i wonder if the issue arrived with the addition of HD audio support over HDMI, have you tried using ReClock?

It also isn't going to get much better that your going the bit-streaming route for audio, it makes life so much more difficult to try and get that and smooth video playback.

8. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080

What is ReClock?

And i use madVR in MPC HC, so movies runs really smooth, only every 10 a
    15 min i get a stutter of 2 a 3 seconds and then all play smooth like butter.

And yes i use SPDIF, for the audio.

And DTS-HD Master is no problem in MPC HC, only is a Dolby True HD is a
    problem, but only a little one.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    MadVR is a great renderer, but you have to remember its beta software.

ReClock is a app for keeping the audio and video clocks in sync with PC video playback, since video playback is broken by design on the PC, it fixes this by dropping video or audio frames, or speeding up audio.

For some its essential, as the video will either judder a small amount throughout, not noticeable by everyone, especially those in NTSC countries, or be smooth mostly, but eventually it will have issues, and it will stutter really badly for a few seconds.
    Have you tried changing the refresh rate to match that of the video, ie 23hz for 23.976fps material, if its running at 60hz, there will always be issues of some sort, especially when bitstreaming audio.

To me it sounds like the new drivers now seem to trying to keep the audio clock perfect so there are no issues with bitstreaming audio, but this would be at the expense of the video clock, so now your getting this issue, and im sure most people using spdif are too, since i'm use analog so don't have it, hopefully Nvidia come up with some sort of compromise

I eventually gave up trying to get it 100% on my mates ATI system, and got him to use re sampled PCM over HDMI instead, while i just use decoded analog, or my standalone BluRay player for bitstreaming.:bang:

10. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I can try, my Samsung LED LCD screen is on 60hz now, i will try it later, i am
    going to sleep now.

Later.