GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    No thanks :)

2. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    Even if true I have no problem with this. no longer will NVIDIA have to keep monitoring various forums for individual posts concerning new driver performance related complaints, some of which do not include sufficient information, or otherwise user errors and misinformation. this way even the most paranoid enthusiasts will finally contribute valuable legit data to the ecosystem in a controlled environment, for the benefit of all customers, whether they like it or not :eyebrows:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I don't mind using GFE my self I had it installed for a while any way, but lately I use it more do to the game-stream function as I found it handy to share co-op games with a friend who doesn't have the game on steam or off as well older games.

Even if i didn't use the features it still wouldn't bothered me to just up and switch to AMD as that would be silly just to switch cards just because of this. if it bothered you that much then just wait longer like a lot of people are gonna do.

I need my 3D vision 2 and i sure as hell not about to mess with Tridef3D which I can't stand.

4. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ok..era of cracked Nvidia drivers, nice..

Many we said that Nvidia has dropped the ball and now..seems like they go for an own goal,straight ahead.
    This is the most unsuccessful move for what ever reasons they have.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    guess i wont update drivers as frequent as i do then, No way in hell GFE is ever getting put on my system

6. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    this GFE was bad anyway. i only have it for shadowplay

7. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Awful news. I actually install Geforce Experience. I don't mind it, even although I don't own (and never will) a shield device yet have to put up with the crappy service running on my system bogging things down and filling my event logs with errors.
    I DO NOT want to have this foisted on me. I want to do minimal installs manually and install Geforce Experience of a certain revision should it be required for Shadowplay.

Not good Nvidia. I buy expensive cards on a regular basis, so beware the voice of the enthusiast customer who finds this mandatory garbage insulting.

8. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Your download drivers before you go buy the card.

I've never in my life used drivers on a CD for a personal system. Always so outdated when you go to use them.

9. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    If this happens it's bad news and personally I can't see the reasoning behind Nvidias' thinking.
    I've installed GFE a couple of times over the past 12 months and it has stayed on my PC for 2 days each time Definitely not something I want or need.

Having said that there will definitely be ways round it if Nvidia aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot.

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    horrible news. i hope they get hit hard by the public and are forced to retract this decision.

11. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Bloatware, not even close. We don't run Pentium 2's and 512mg of ram anymore. It doesn't even use 1% of my resources. Set it and forget it.

12. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I don't like the sound of this. I'm thinking that if drivers are only allowed to be installed automatically via Geforce Experience then driver installs won't work on my laptop - I have a non-standard configuration with an upgraded GPU, so I use modded inf files to install drivers. I can see problems with this move by NVidia, more restrictions! Quarterly updates is better than nothing if it comes to manually downloading & installing drivers, but it would annoy me for games that I buy on release day - although mostly I buy in sales, so quarterly manual updates wouldn't be a disaster - unnecessary garbage though & one tick taken away from the green team!

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's not the point. The point is they're removing our choice to install it or not and are forcing it upon us. Personally, I don't care. I've been using GFE for a while and haven't had any issues out of it.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think I'll get bashed heavily, but I'm tempted to check out what the new features are about. Might make gfe interesting again.

Oh and Reddoguk, you've missed the start already, this has been starting and showing for years. If you think win10 is the start, think about how dx11 was not available to xp and you needed to upgrade to the crappiest of them all, vista.

15. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Cool, even less nv driver headaches! "Second access" from now on it is then.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    it is good to have two furys :)

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Honestly the features are awesome. You can call up the overlay and actually watch back the last 5 minutes (or whatever you set) of gameplay right there and edit it without having to alt tab or anything.

18. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    Well actually i use gfe but yeah a bad move by nvidia. Though i strongly think that this might turn out to be another "disabling mobile gpu overclock"

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Its great to have 2 980ti as well, whats the point of stating that?

20. RED_404

RED_404 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080/980 temp need $$
    Yeah, nice overly NVIDIA, didn't notice it until it got me killed in ARMA3. Alt+Z is a bad default keybind....