Geforce 441.08 and evga precision X1.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Is anybody running evga precision with these drivers in the new Call of Duty modern warfare?For some reason the game crashes on startup everytime I use precision to monitor my temps.It ran fine with the last drivers.I even got new update for precision today and no difference.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I told you why.

Precision X Server is made badly and hijacks detours the load order of D3D11.dll, this causes the Reshade engine in GFE (not the driver itself) to fail on a missing function when a game starts.

3. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I have been using precision for over 10 years and this is the first time I ever had a problem with it and only with this driver.A matter of fact this is probably the first time ive had a problem with any driver in atleast 10 years.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And its been terrible for nearly that long.

Once upon a time it was based on rivatuner code and was actually a decent product, now their software engineers (whom are particuarly underskilled when it comes to loadlibrary and hooking in general) are directly responsible for the compatibility at hand.

You can either rename and stop using the XOC server included, or try upgrading to X1.

Driver is not responsible for Precision not supporting legitimate CreateDevice endpoints but hijacking dll load orders.

[​IMG]