Games that should be remastered.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    Desert Combat.
    BF2
    Battlezone
    The very first Wizardry.....SirTec!

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, I guess you're meaning "remaster well". Since the game was remade/remastered back in 2013. Though, IMO, it was done very poorly.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yes indeed.. with Rise I meant more of a "Wolfenstein-esque" do over. I think you could do great things with that IP with modern day tech.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I agree.
    I think there's great potential there for a solid game.

I really didn't like the reboot they did. While it showed that they had a huge affinity for the original, they did nothing to really move the series forward. Or add their own "flavor" to it.
    And even then, the visuals, performance and stability... it just felt really, really rough.

5. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Gothic - nothing more, the best RPG of XX century, finished it 21 times. My brother finished it aswell like xx times, brother in law finished it xx times, all friends from school. If you are from Poland and you didn't play Gothic that meant you were born after 2000.
    Second is Wiedźmin 1 (The Witcher1), I don"t want to sound as ass but if you were not born in middle/easter Europe you won't understand the lore fully. The Slavic demons, goods, theme, poems, culture, etc. It's like being a native english speaker and then you can understand Tolkiens work, from a cultural point of view only, fully.

P.S. I know it was released in 2001 but I had in mind ppl with were born and live in XX century. ;)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Battlefield 2, not the BF3 DLC release Back to karkand but a proper remake with original game "exactly" the same with regards to features and how vehicles work and achievements. For example...Expert knife =18 kills in around and not just spamming the knife button for a kill, need timing and coordination to make the kill.

No regenerating health and not water down vehicle combat especially Fighter planes.

XenthorX and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just tried it, and it's the most terrible thing i've ever played.

Did they record the sound in a bathroom?

Glad i was able to demo before buying.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The sound is untouched and re-used from the previous (original.) version of the game from what I've read, very small team (Probably since the Kickstarter pitch for this failed to reach the target goal.) but they still remastered the game even so though yeah sound and music is probably re-used almost entirely and most of the gameplay is also identical though I heard they improved the camera controls a bit.

9. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    Red alert 2
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Crash Team Racing

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hands down: Master of Orion II. No rework, no reboot, just update the graphics, but keep EVERYTHING as it was with just a resolution upgrade.

The old C&C games.
    And maybe Star Wars: Rebellion.

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    any Legacy of Kain game remake when?