Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    A system like that I would imagine would benefit more on the Quadro family rather than two 3090s. It looks more geared towards, scientific stuff, 3DMAX/CAD/Maya etc, heavy video stuff like some of the movie industry would use.

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Second time in a week I've had to say this.

People can do whatever they want with their hardware.

MDKpt, The1, Mufflore and 3 others like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes they can.

And they can also be told the issues they are having are their own doing.
    It wouldn't be an "Enthusiast" forum if legitimate criticism and pointing out that a machine is completely outside its use-case isn't permitted just because it made them feel bad,
    as enthusiasts we should be spreading information, knowledge and that includes bringing up the fact NUMA has issues across many applications (and games).

This isn't the first time Venturi has had performance issues on his Xeon Scalable system and one of those times he was even told clearly that his issues are unlikely to be looked into by Nvidia.

eGGroLLiO and beezee like this.
  4. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Totally off topic, but... A C64 is all a person needs for their dissertation on algorithms. ;)

5. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Also off topic, but I actually did my dissertation on laser deposition of fractal surface coatings on an Atari Mega ST...

Mufflore likes this.
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its great you pass on information but it could be presented a whole lot better sometimes.
    I dont mean bad saying this, but feel it needs saying.
    You have helped me on a number of occasions that have proven very useful. You are valued.
    Lets keep it nice though please, there are times it doesnt read well.

The1, endbase and AsiJu like this.
  7. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Active Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    Still have to disable MPO with latest KB or I will get flickering in chrome and VLC. Can I just run like this? Will I have any performance issues?

8. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    System is a little dated but, drivers working good here.

9. beezee

beezee Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080Ti
    I believe you're missing the Astyanax's point...

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Agree.

@Astyanax

I once told you about being right gracefully.
    It's fine to tell someone their issue is out of support's scope, not to start telling them they don't have a clue (venturi has clearly stated that rig is mainly not for gaming).

Care about reputation or not, manners are manners and attitude is part of expertise.

Mufflore and endbase like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The thing is, his rig is not even suited for the tasks he built it for in the first place, so no he really did build a machine with very little clue on what he was doing and trying to use it as a general purpose setup is just the icing on the cake.

For his workflow, Tesla or ML are the suitable parts, Nvidia optimizes the computational processing of Geforce for gaming allowing for less strictness in their cuda recompiler,

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Even if so it's his prerogative to use his hardware as he sees fit.
    Perhaps Geforce cards are enough for him and he wants to game as well.

But seeing we have nearly one page worth of posts about one person's build I think let's return to business as usual.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its not that i don't understand your point, filtering is just exhausting for me (so i save it for customers)
    I'm not out to just insult and harass with the way i put things and all i mean to say by much of it is that he either doesn't know enough about his system to understand why these problems arise, or is being willfully obtuse and ignoring those problems whilst being fully aware of them, the latter is worse than the former. :confused:

And thus revokes his right to support.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not in any disagreeance on that, lets move onto a next page.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    beezee likes this.
  14. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    Gtx 1070 user here...
    Solid driver for me

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Solid driver for me also, playing Cyberpunk.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The way I saw his posts:
    He built a monster machine for a Dissertation and uses it for gaming. Theres no way anyone would build that machine just for gaming
    Someone reported a problem, Venturi shared he also has the same issue with his machine (and his wifes) which are not lacking in power (trying to establish the issue is not related to performance).
    He was simply trying to be helpful. He didnt request assistance, he already worked out a solution that he published to help others.
    I cant see a reason for knocking him, he should be welcomed for his contribution.

FranciscoCL, Herochild, The1 and 3 others like this.
  17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    This thread is off the rails, infractions have been given out, DON'T push it.

kill007, eGGroLLiO, ern88 and 2 others like this.
  18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So guys, I just copied the settings that seem to enable Rebar, to the global profile. Because why not. Any games you have an idea that I could test, that preferably have an in-game benchmark?

19. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Its not that i don't understand your point, filtering is just exhausting for me (so i save it for customers) I'm not out to just insult and harass with the way i put things and all i mean to say by much of it is that he either doesn't know enough about his system to understand why these problems arise, or is being willfully obtuse and ignoring those problems whilst being fully aware of them, the latter is worse than the former. :confused:

I totally understand what you mean about filtering, picking everything to death trying to be politically correct. I piss the wife off sometimes not beating around the bush ...lol Anyhow .......

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    AC:O and AC:O
    Ashes:Escalation
    GTA5
    Gears 4
    Batman:AK (I'm pretty sure you won't crash with smoke on on Ampere)

jura11 and PrMinisterGR like this.