Galaxytech GeForce GTX 780 Ti Spec Sheet Leaks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There has been a lot of speculation on the GeForce GTX 780 Ti, will it be a fully feteched GK110 GPU or an overclocked GeForce GTX 780 ? Well, that speculation comes to an end as a product slipped o...

Galaxytech GeForce GTX 780 Ti Spec Sheet Leaks

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The GTX 780(Ti) now supports DirectX 11.2 fully? Interesting. :)
    (And OpenGL 4.4 already, do we even have any games using OpenGL 4.x at all? Maybe not on Windows PC and perhaps there's some other software using it.)

EDIT: Then again there were like a handful of titles if even that which supported DirectX 10.1 and we're only now seeing one game (Battlefield 4) using 11.1 though I guess once the XBox-One is released we might see a increase in DirectX 11 usage in games, maybe even 11.1 or 11.2 though what do I know.
    (And both AMD and Nvidia seems to have plans for next year.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  3. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Had bet's on 6GB VRAM, seem's odd to stick to 3GB when 290x has 4GB an will appeal more to 4K users since you can go over 3GB quite easily

In multiple card setup for 4K this will become VRAM limited

4. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    I still wish AMD would put more pressure on Nvidia. Yes I'm an NV supporter, but it feels like Nvidia simply had the 780ti planned months ago, and were simply waiting for AMDs next great GPU (and what a good card it is!) to come along before grabbing the top run of the ladder again by releasing this one.

With the huge price drop on the 780 here in Norway I think people will still be tempted towards Green for those who enjoy watercooling like I do. There will always be a debate about red v green but I wish AMD would just go that little bit further.

On a plus side for AMD. I ran some tests with the latest drivers recently and for the first time in a long time, i experienced no issues. Nvidia however... bleh.

I wonder if AMD could make me turn Red with Envy instead of Green like past few years ;)

5. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    This card should have been released along witht he regular 780 imo this end of the year release is kinda lame imo...

However we all know 11.2 is a joke right now as if any games will have 11.2 by the time this card is outdated ha

anyways stick with my 780 sli for now as im sure the 200$ over a regular 780 is not worth the coin to me...

6. Looks like I was right about it being a Titan refresh rather than an in-between. The $699 price tag made it obvious. How else would it sell when the Titan already got beaten by a $550 card? It will have to beat the 290x to justify the price tag.

The conservative clock speed and 3GB ram means we can expect Nvidia to go back to its usual business of stupid expensive cards with a 'GTX 790' basically a faster better 780ti with the full blown 6GB ram, dubbed 'Titan of the 700 series'
    That could be the last one before Maxwell?

The past month is certainly an exciting showdown of graphics card competition :infinity:

7. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    well thx Nvidia i got my 2 gtx 780s not 2 long go.. now gtx 780ti not fair on us who have gtx 780 and Titans ..and now it supports DirectX 11.2 :bang: why not for gtx 780 and the Titan.. i will not buy other Nvidia card again next time will be the red team ..thx Nvidia.....:bang:

8. eddward

eddward Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 GAMING X
  9. ClexRex

ClexRex Guest

GPU:
    780 Classified / R9 290
    I will be sticking with NVidia but I agree with ceesay we need better road maps for upcoming products or something this release a card 3 months after another card with basically 0 marketing on it or anything...is very uncool

10. VolkNasty

VolkNasty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11G
    Can't wait for the benchmarks. I look forward to some OC'd models. I hope MSI gives this the Lightning treatment, if so, 0-day buy for me. Definitely the upgrade I've been waiting for.

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yea, I want to see some Quad-SLI benches with this one! :infinity:
    It's kinda weird, though. This one should've been called the Titan and have 6GB of memory >.>

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It's not their fault. I've had two titans for almost a year now, you might have waited that long but I wouldn't have.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I would have thought the point of this card was (also) high resolution gaming. Other than 2560x1440 I don't think the vram will be suficient for the future IF you play with lots of AA. I can defnitely see it beeing limited at 4k, still it's a nice card, can't wait to check out the reviews. :)

14. DeOdVue

DeOdVue Guest

GPU:
    AMD, HD5850
    Guys, just waited another week... when the R9-290 (non X) release with their price and performance. Good times! :banana: Wonder how NV going to react?!

Gotta admitted, NV know how to beat the drum.

15. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    amd way to go....

16. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Yeah thought it be odd for them just have 3GB

appears theirs special black editions of the 780 Ti coming too

http://***************/47530/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-also-special-edition

source video card

17. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    didn't you guys notice that NVidia always waits then releases something just above AMD so they can gouge you then when AMD releases something they do it again just to stay on top and gouge

18. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I hear that.. I'm going who ever delivers the best price/performance period. If I need a physx card I have 2 470's, a 280 and 260 lying around. I'll pull the trigger after the smoke settles with these cards.

19. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

Thank god i waited.... i was so close on getting 2 GTX 780 Lightnings...
    I will get two GTX 780Ti when they come out with aftermarket coolers...

I might sell my 2 770 Lightnings to cover some of the cost... maybe

20. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080