Frame Limiter Opitions

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dener de Paula Pereira, May 22, 2019.

1. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Why all my games feels smoother when i select the "Limiter V2 - Allow All" option in Nvidia Profile Inspector?
    PS: Even if a don't cap my fps, it seems like my frametimes are better.

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  2. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Interesting...
    Can you show a prove of this?

3. Dener de Paula Pereira

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Test it for yourself

4. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Just curious, what version of windows 10 are you on? 1809? or?

5. Mahershala

Mahershala Member

GPU:
    1070gtx
    if you dont cap your framerate then v2 isnt enabled. some games work with v1 and some with v2, v2 adds more latency like vsync w/o tripple buffer but less than it

6. Dener de Paula Pereira

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Great thread. NOT. feels & seems are they keywords here. Provide proof and dont say people should test for themself...

Smough, Clawedge, cryohellinc and 3 others like this.
  8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    In the modern age where feelings are more important than facts, this thread is very much relevant.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Clawedge likes this.
  9. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    But us humans don't work like computers. We make mistakes and "feel" those mistakes with our senses. Computers are only as reliable as the humans that built them.

Computers have given us the "feeling" of a world without error. But when we treat humans as computers, you end up with what the world is today.

Educate, learn, be nice.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I prefer rational thinking over "feelings". The world isn't nice, get out of your bubble.

chr!s likes this.

11. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    I feel hungry

Smough, Mda400 and chr!s like this.
  12. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    What is "rational" is a debate entirely on its own. Being nice is a choice.

You can't take the human out of the human and i'm sorry if anyone in your life wasn't nice to you.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  13. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Using said settings, I have to say i "feel" they might be on to something with this setting. Games do tend to be a bit more smooth, I need afew more days of testing. (edit: I am using a predator x34 at 100hz and gsync) If i drop below 100fps i get a small stutter that seems to have gone away now with this setting. I never really drop under 100fps, its always pegged at 100 all the time. But if it does its way less noticeable.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  14. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I'll give it a try, I have a really weird micro stutter on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, even though the RTSS frametime graph doesn't detect anything... It's clearly there

15. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

16. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Also, don't use Nvidia inspector or in game FPS capping, use RTSS. (less delay)
    Some games (very few) have decent in game fps limiting but safer to just stick with RTSS.

Smough likes this.
  17. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    RTSS has less delay than capping with Nvidia Inspector, but in-game capping has less than either method since it closer to the start of the rendering chain (engine) than RTSS (CPU) or Nvidia Inspector (GPU).

geronimo666 likes this.
  18. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    How many games have you tried like this? V-sync on or off? Did you measure the frame times with MSI Afterburner to see if they are stable? What may feel smooth or you think it's smooth is not always the case.

19. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Windows versions and the frametime from games don't change too much, unless you use the "Full Screen Optimizations" from Windows 1803 (I think it started from a 17XX version) and above. The "Full Screen Optimizations" are able to work out uneven frametimes at most games and give you correct frametimes no matter your refresh rate without RTSS or nVIdia Inspector (this feature is a god send by Microsoft and I don't get why most people overlook it or miss it), but on some games you need to disable them because it can break the game's engine, create massive stutter and other issues. Depends on the game. You can disable them per .exe. Another downside is that this feature only works with v-sync on, so if you don't like v-sync you won't see it.

20. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Windows versions and the frametime from games don't change too much, unless you use the "Full Screen Optimizations" from Windows 1803 (I think it started from a 17XX version) and above. The "Full Screen Optimizations" are able to work out uneven frametimes at most games and give you correct frametimes no matter your refresh rate without RTSS or nVIdia Inspector (this feature is a god send by Microsoft and I don't get why most people overlook it or miss it), but on some games you need to disable them because it can break the game's engine, create massive stutter and other issues. Depends on the game. You can disable them per .exe. Another downside is that this feature only works with v-sync on, so if you don't like v-sync you won't see it.