Forza Horizon 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think you have to be signed in in windows store and xbox app with your microsoft account for that to work.

2. BiTrAtE

BiTrAtE Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX1060 G1 6GB
    already login with my microsoft account. Also tried with local account, same error.

3. BiTrAtE

BiTrAtE Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX1060 G1 6GB
    Found a solution guys

Apps & Features / Forza Horizon 3 / Advanced / Reset

After that, start game and in moment when game try to sync account, quick cancel it and game will be start normally on new save game.

4. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Try setting your desktop to 50Hz and the framerate cap in-game will change to 50fps. It's not 60, but it's still much smoother than 30.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    oh wow, this trailer was incredible. i wish i could watch a full feature as good lol.

6. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Also if you have a high refresh monitor.. setting to 120Hz gives you the option to lock to 60fps or 40fps.

I've used 40fps a few times in the past and it works decently still 50fps or 60fps is better if that's smooth for you.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sadly the disconnection issues while playing online adventure are back :( .
    Anyone else having this problem and know a permanent fix ?

I cough it quickly on my phone camera while it happened. It happens after i finish a race in online adventure multiplayer and i reach my destination for the next race. When it starts to load the next map/event it does not load and i get this message" You have been disconnected from horizon 3 online please try again later ": I acted quickly and manage to take a fast video of the bug while happening see below:

8. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Weird. I have never experienced such problem.
    Have you look at Xbox App network settings if all connection statuses are green?

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Everything looks good in there:

[​IMG]

10. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Well, your NAT is Moderate, that means you will gonna have problems connecting to other players.

And usually players exit after a match and game migrates to other host and if host is having problems connecting to you, you will get disconnected. That would explain, why you are having disconnections only between matches.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Weird since i have a good internet connection speed from my isp 70mb/s down 10mb/s up and i do not have any problems at all with any other games i'm playing at the moment online ( BF4 , NFS 2016 , DiRT Rally , etc ... ) , this is the only one that have trouble online :/

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6192655461

[​IMG]

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well the disconnection from online adventure mode got sorted by itself , i did not do anything and all of the sudden it's working just fine online multiplayer for the last week or so. My guess they had server problems and they fix it , whatever it was , that's the good news :) .

The bad news :( is i did a fresh installed of Windows 10 Creators Update today along with the latest nvidia drivers whql 381.65 for the creators update. FFS fushhhk... I have lost ~20fps on Forza Horizon 3 using the same overclock on cpu , vga and ram , i used to have stable 60fps at 4k butter smooth with some settings toned down , but now i'm in the mid 40s fps everywhere :mad: and i'm not alone , there are reports of other people loosing around 20 fps after installing W10 CU on Forza Horizon 3 :/ .

I did tried the Game Mode but it did not helped or improved my fps or gaming experience :rolleyes: , nop it does not help , zero , nilch , nada , 0 . I am going to install the rest of my games and test how they perform . if i see that i keep getting fps dropped i will have no other option than re installed Windows 10 anniversary update and older nvidia drivers 379.xx.

I would like to hear from you guys your experience with Forza Horizon 3 and using Windows 10 Creators update , please shed some light on this issue , what can be causing such a huge fps lost ? ( 20fps is a lot )

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sorry to hear about that Chispy.

CU has not yet been installed on my machine and when I tried out the game two days ago it ran as well as ever.

14. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Done the update on mine and have been playing with the Porsche pack, No drops in fps here.

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Which update, exactly? From 1607 to CU, or from 378.92 to 381.65? Both?

16. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Both, Should have made that more clear, My bad.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can definitely confirm as a fact this driver GeForce Hotfix driver 381.65 has very bad performance only on windows store games UWP , it happens on both of my games Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsports 6 Apex in my configuration while using it with Windows 10 x64bit Creators Update Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138 , i loose around 20fps on both of those games. It does not happens to any other game i tested DiRT Rally , NFS 2016 , BF4 , Bioshock Infinite , Metro LL , all this game play fine and fps are great.

I rigorously tested all this drivers in all the games mentioned above: 378.66 , 378.78 , 378.92 and 381.65. the best performance driver with the best IQ on my configuration is 378.92 on Windows 10 Creators Update.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  18. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Odd. Still no issues or drops here and thats on Gears 4, halo wars 2 and FH3

19. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I think it might be system specific related and not everyone is affected. But 100% sure it is this driver 381.65 and creators update causing it. Also there is a lot of people with my same problem been reported in Forza Motorsports forum , Nvidia forum , Reddit and many other websites:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst94238_Creator-Update-Problems.aspx

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ay-driver-feedback-thread-released-4-6-17-/1/

20. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Oh Im not denying there is a problem, I know how it can be. Just wondering if its a silly conflict or something.

Like when FH3 used to crash if you had a mic turned on ingame.