Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm watching a few streams right now, it looks soooo dull... might still buy. aaaargh... Wanna see some instances and such before I pull the trigger.

EDIT: There's no voice acting!? Just seen a cutscene, characters are emoting, lip syncing and such, but no voice? booooo

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's what will decide it for me to be honest, I want decent instances/raids. If I get those I can put up with just about everything else in the game being sub par. It was the only reason I played WoW and the main reason I eventually quit.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I don't mind blasting through the levels to hit end game and have some fun. Leveling looks tedious, but I wouldn't mind that. Seems like servers are poo atm though, standard.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, I'll buy it and download overnight. worth a pop I guess, it's cheap. Will most likely roll some kind of dps on Cerberus tomorrow morning.

6. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    Going to wait for some lets plays to see the end game content because after playing swtor I have become very wary of p2p mmo's.

7. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    There was a post on the ffxiv subreddit today about a lvl 35 raid that supposedly introduces a lot of awesome(ly hard) mechanics. There's some other murmurs coming out about the high level content. Sounds like they didn't skimp on raid difficulty.

8. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Picked it up off GMG this weekend for £16 liking it so far would like a little better textures or NPC voices but its fun so far makes a change from most MMO's.

One word of warning anyone who is with BT and has a contract from before February 2013 (I was on Infinity Option 2 pre Feb 2013) will need to re-contract as BT class it as P2P traffic and throttle it hard what was quite easy to-do apart from dealing with there Indian tech support what is a joke in its self hour and a half to get to speak to someone who could under stand basics... this issue is said to effect anyone or EE in the UK too there network is managed by BT/Openreach.

Mini rant I should not have to explain network traffic shaping/management to a level 2 tech along with the basics of networking.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

meh **** it I don't have time for this lol

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    played for a couple of hours, got to lvl 11, feel like a postman. No voiceovers 99% of the time is weird, they shouldn't have bothered with the cutscenes, just looks stupid this way. Anyway, I'm going black mage, name is Trixxxie Pewpew and I'm on Cerberus EU.

Just got kicked from the game, can't get back in. Square Enix website isn't loading.

EDIT: Server full... PUT ME IN A F*CKING QUEUE THEN IF YOU HAVE A QUEUE SYSTEM!!! Sad eclap.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

11. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    yeah theyre servers are overun right now its proving too popular, apparently theyre adding more servers to address the load situation but this could take a week :( theyre even putting in restrictions to create more chars on certain servers while they address the issue.

Im loving it so far regardless of it being a more so typical mmo, ive played quite a bit so far currently level 21

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I wouldn't say servers being screwed is proving the game is popular, it's just standard on every release. I hit lvl 15 today, the game is boring as hell, looks ugly too. Haven't done any instances yet though, so I'll give it another run tomorrow and we'll see.

13. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    Thanks, will check it out.

14. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    In what way is this game ugly?

I've played every mmo out there and this to me is one of the best looking, character/monster designed games I have played. Well when I can play it :) (stupid login issues) The giant tree enemies along make any mob from another game look like crap, the detail is so impressive! There is no one yet "yet" that can also do the expressions I have seen with their emotes, very impressive there. And the detail on gear, and that you can see every piece of gear you put on is pretty nice too.

Just wondering what you think looks better? Sure GW2, Tera, Rift look great for a comparison but saying this game is ugly is a pretty far stretch!

15. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    They're screwed due to overcrowding, the game is proving extremely popular at the moment. SQ are now halting digital sales while they increase server capacity.

https://www.facebook.com/SquareEnix/posts/10151811501984461

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's the lighting, it's just so flat, the game looks lifeless. Also the game has a lazy zone design in places, it's like some zones were designed by a 5 year old. Mobs and characters look good, don't get me wrong and the main reason I went with a Black Mage is because they look absolutely badass, but the world just feels flat, dull and boring and in certain places I just go "yuck", dunno, it's just pp. I prefer the look of GW2, Rift and a few others.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well of course it's popular, it only launched a few days ago ;)

18. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    There's way more people playing than even SQ were expecting, many servers were full during early access as well including Cerberus.

19. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  20. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    you'll be doing 3 dungeons now in a row, part of the main story when you hit level 15 is these dungeons, pretty fun to be fair. they are a 4 man dungeon.