Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I wish we had a HD texture mod already.

2. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Which line changing texture quality to ultra at Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini please? I edited alot of things and dont want to open launcher options now.

edit: found it , iTexMipMapSkip=0

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Not necesarily,is game related.Disable Wetness in Launcher options or Fallout4Prefs.ini.
    Get the lastest 15.11.1,is awesome.

@Sergio: iTexMipMapSkip=1 (High)
    iTexMipMapSkip=0 (Ultra)

But in this game High=Ultra,can't see the difference in texture quality.

4. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    If you struggle with performance or have weird drops in random places Shadow distance is the culprit..Godrays/lightning wasn't the issue for me as i run everything on ultra besides shadow distance.For e.g if it's set on medium the range is at 3000 ,up it to high and it makes a huge step to 14000.Put shadow distance to medium,and tweak the .ini settings from there in small steps upward untill you hit the setting where it lags,and then you take it down a step again.

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yes.
    And this for load more cells:

uInterior Cell Buffer=12
    uExterior Cell Buffer=72 (or 144)

"The above values determine how many cells (for interior or exterior areas as relevant) are buffered into RAM. Altering these values may help make performance smoother. For example, for 1GB of RAM you can try doubling the values (6 and 72 respectively). For 2GB of RAM, try 16 and 102 respectively. For higher amounts of RAM, try raising them higher (Fallout.ini)."

Im not really love this game but I love to mod him. :wanker:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1431/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1400/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1419/?

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Yoy get it semi-right, these lines indeed will make more cells to be rendered and stick to RAM but game's engine has limitations for everything, letting more cells before to be flushed will might lead to not enough generic space for other specific jobs (like loading scripts,letting GC trush previous objects to load newer ones) and most importantly, cells are combined with grids to be loaded, not wise to "lock" these parameters for the engine without actual more cells to be called for rendering.

Nothing to gain from modifying these unless more "buckets" are allocated to be used in more grids.There are limits for specifics works for the engine and though RAM clock speed really matters performance and stability you have to know how to use ALL commands(and correct values) for letting engine use more of your RAM space.

7. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  8. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    KisShot, disable wetness in launcher.

9. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    i cant get fullscreen with DSR,only the the downscaled picture in the top left corner is visible,if i change the desktop screen resolution to 3840x2160 than i will get a fullscreen.?
    Also none of the sli bits gives me good scaling on my gpu-s,sometimes i get 40fps and 50-60% scaling.?Any suggestion?thanks

10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Did you edit Fallout4Prefs.ini (\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4) and set:

iPresentInterval=0
    bTopMostWindow=0
    bMaximizeWindow=0
    bBorderless=0
    bFull Screen=1
    iSize H=1080
    iSize W=1920 (or your resolution) ?

SLI/CFX is not supported yet,well is a Bethesda game.

EDIT: I found it,you need to not put ini's in read-only and after that you can change resolution in Launcher from 3840 to 1920 and again 3840.Click Ok and ready to go. :)

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Does anyone know anyone running Fallout 4 on an AMD Radeon 6970 2GB? I gave my old card to my nephew as his was waaaaay older but he's having some problems running the game, I know it's below the minimum spec but he also has 8gb RAM and AMD FX8320 Black Edition @ 3.5ghz so was hoping the game would run at least moderately well.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have had one odd crash to the desktop - no error message or anything, it just exited unexpectedly - and the only in-game glitches I have seen are ugly clipping issues when using the third-person camera indoors and, particularly, during dialogue scenes (the developers seem to forget that the player can be wearing a bulky power suit!). I have also seen the dog standing at some bizarre angles! Oh and the building mode seems to allow you to place objects suspended in mid-air or not touching the ground, rather than have things drop down into place when you exit the Build mode as I would expect.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://i.imgur.com/i0icb99.jpg

Anything from 30-60fps for me really, nearer the 30-40 mark in the big cities.

The frames on his pc might be lower, but 6970 is pretty equivalent to 7970m

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    That's great thanks, really appreciate you taking the time to share with me :)

15. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks a lot,i will give a go later on,now i going out to fishing

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I met some random guy who offered me to buy his dog, we agreed then he changed his mind :(

17. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Deacon is the most annoying companion so far in the Fallout games, he's bit of an arsehole actually:

1. Frequently goes on about dust.

2. Barefaced Liar.

3. Advises me against picking up items that have resources I need.

4. After time he will complain about teaming up and says he wishes he could vanish.

5. Sarcastic git.

Once I get his perk I'm sending him off far away, there is possibly one other option but I'm not sure what will happen.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Starting to get a more and more irritating issue, my weapon switch is becoming insufferably slow, so much that it's a real problem in combat if i've been spotted

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I found a set of Raider Power Armor. But, it was clipped partially into a wall. And I couldn't get the prompt to use it.
    So... it's just sitting there. Dammit.

I want to take it back to my home and... set it next to my other suits and not use it.

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Has anyone had a bug when pipboy wont dismiss? i keep pressing "tab" but it wont go away? Not a biggy, happened about 4 times over 27 of gameplay, but so annoying when it happens!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.