Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    To really enjoy this game long term you need to be able to enjoy the journey/process of leveling up as you explore the world. It's definitely not aimed at a quick grind to max level play-style. Personally I feel leveling is too fast and easy. If you actually do everything in a zone you will be constantly over leveled.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not when you compare it to the other MMOs. Levelling in MMOs is just ballast, a warm up to teach you how to play. MMOs are all about end game. I'm sorry, but this is why TESO failed. MMO gamers (the majority) don't care about levelling, story, etc. They want to whip through content and start playing end game.

Dragging out a sub par story in TESO is not going to work for many, unfortunately. I would much rather play Skyrim if I was in it for the story and exploration.

Funny thing is, the MMO I enjoyed the levelling journey the most in was GW2. A game that had back in the day very little end game content. But the constant events, the jumping puzzles, the beautiful world (makes TESO look like a granny) and the zone completion hunger drove me forward. TESO looks tired and bleak, I have no urge to explore it's generic world. Shame, really, TES games took a massive sh1te quality wise after morrowind.

Oh well.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm not a massive MMO player (though I do play SW:TOR) and that's definitely a game where the journey is the fun part (thanks to story & characters - playability is nice too). That's where ESO fails big time compared to SW:TOR even though it's supposed to have story and all that but something just doesn't feel right at all. The pacing in conversations is just wrong and it makes me want to press skip button (which is something that I almost never do). Also it doesn't help that the conversations are just long monologues basically.

Whole levelling process was pretty painful in ESO and when you hit 50... No, just no. I'm rather anti-social MMO gamer that cares way more about the journey than end game group content but it takes so long to actually finish everything that I'm surprised if people actually manage to do that before they get bored.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    SWTOR does levelling pretty well, the story is good for a MMO. Still, I'd much rather play ME games for a sci fi story hit than SWTOR. TESO on the other hand... just feels lifeless, empty, pointless.

5. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I know I'm in the minority, but I like the game, I like the pace, and I don't rush through **** like you guys want to. The people that rush through always complain when they get to "the end" - I don't think we are able to comprehend each other since it sounds like we didn't even play the same game. :p

The instant gratification mentality is killing serious gaming (and the rest of the entertainment industry for that matter). Whenever I find a game that doesn't reward that type of gaming I find it very enjoyable.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm sure people can hit end game in TESO in a matter of a few days. Maybe it takes longer to hit the cap than in other games, I don't know. Anyway, MMOs are not judged on how long it takes to get to end game, not even on how good/bad the journey to end game was. MMOs are judged on player base/subs. And nobody will sub to a MMO to level a character. People sub because they want to play end game, they want to play through all the raids, try PvP, get awesome gear, do fun with guilds, do events, daylies etc.

Problem with TESO is, for me and it seems many other, that we never get to end game because the levelling is so darn boring. The game lack any kind of character, imo.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    To each their own. I'm still there and have hundreds of guildmates that have been there from the start and won't go anywhere soon. Different strokes for different folks and I'll leave it at that. :)

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I like leveling in ESO. It does feel longer than any other MMO but i kind of dont notice it. Lets say if i start an alt in wow, i simply want to power through leveling and get to end-game asap. But maybe its because ive done that many times in wow now. I like slow pace of leveling in ESO.

Since its gone f2p, its perfect for me, i can play for a while, leave it and then come back. Same with GW2.

Also looked at the store, that wedding dress haha!!!

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Oh man, so close to buying this game but I do not know if I should pull the trigger or not!!!!!

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Save your money, bad mmo. - unless money isnt an issue you have 0 games in your backlog

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's good fun and I would agree with most of what has been said, it is definitely as much about the journey as it is about end game.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's a good game actually, you just gotta let it sink in. I'm a werewolf now, doing a stamina build, like a pure in runescape lol, doing 1:5 ratio hp/stam. Along with werewolf got a pretty sick stamina boost/dmg now, ww gives +15% stam regen buff.

Did a bit of AvA, pretty cool.

Made a few pictures, got it downsampled to 4k, runs smooth. Got forced 16xAF, -0.5 Texture LOD with RadeonPro. Thing looks sick. I'm telling you texture lod + forcing 16xAF is the best thing happened to RP lol.

These are very high res pics cramped into a 1200x900 space, hope it looks good... -.-' :S

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will post more if you guys want, got some pretty sick ones.

13. FarCryDX

FarCryDX Member

GPU:
    EVGA Ref GTX 980
    Any way to cut down on the lag in places like Riften? Specs in side panel << I am thinking it's a CPU bottleneck, it just definitely seems CPU related. Could be totally wrong though.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I need to give it a proper go, i keep logging in for like an hour, doign few quests and thats it. Need to give it a good run this week since i have 4 days off.

Nice screenshots Death, upload more :D Im stucking with NB for now, just completed starting zone.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Cool, keep going Andreas, if you reach my lvl we can play a while. :D We could do AvA too tbh.

Pretty cool. It gets a lot better once you hit the lvl 15+ threshold I think? Once you start investing into your character and stuff, you gotta make some choices etc, you start liking it then you start getting better gear and so on.. :)

Crafting is also pretty sophisticated. It became funner for me because I can run 16xAF and 0.5x texture lod with RP, it rocks with that, + 4k downsample.

Oh and btw, it's a lot better if you get a few ui modifications.. well at least for me.

If you want I can upload a zip of the addons that I use, it's very simple and sophisticated, compact.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Okay let me ask this for people who play it.

One major factor for me in MMO games is teamwork. How are other people in game for forming teams, and parties?

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think they're up for it? I haven't really gotten to the endgame per se but, I know that you won't get far without teamwork.. as with any other mmorpg tbh.. You got squads in AvA, raid groups ofc. Sometimes.. in dungeons.. / solo dungeons, whatever.. - some mob groups are hard to get by so if there are any other players you'll definitely team up and squash em together.

Group dungeons can be pretty cool too, with a nice amount of tactics required and so on.

I don't know if that answered your question or not because I didn't exactly understand it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The public dungeons and group dungeons will require a team unless you're seriously over leveled. (Group dungeons scale to the team leaders level however so you need a team there, public dungeons have a set level but much higher mob density so those are pretty challenging too without other players nearby.)

Once you reach level 50 or rather Veteran rank 1 and can go to other alliance territories things change a bit as content is now scaled up to challenge veteran rank players, plus zones like Craglorn meant for Veteran rank 10 to 14 in groups of four and specific dungeons for a group of up to 12 players.

PvP in Cyrodiil is also very group focused if you try to take control of areas and I believe that by default you are scaled up to a Veteran 12 character (Can be turned off but will probably put you at a severe disadvantage until you actually reach Veteran rank 12 and higher.) although without the additional skills that a Veteran character would have had.

Most of this is from wiki's and other sources of information though as I only just reached level 32 myself and there's still a lot to do before I reach the current cap at 50 and start with the champion and veteran system.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    That's what i've been doing as well, it's not a game i can play for hours like WoW.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

(edit: Go to the youtube page to display @ 60fps)

It shows 720p60fps for me, but ... I'm not sure whether the 60fps can be seen, I'm at work right now, need to check at home.

How is it for you guys? Is it smooth 60 fps? The source video is super smooth, never seen anything like it. I really hope it's the same, that youtube delivers the same lol.. obviously there will be compressions but whatever..

I'll post some more vids once I get the chance, 1080p60fps hopefully, I'll do some dungeons, AvA etc.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Holocron likes this.