Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.4 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Apr 13, 2015.

1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    to each thier own.

2. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    he has a point and i dont mean to offend , but you seem to be in denial about it, Radeon pro is as good now as windows XP , both are complete and work well and both ceased their support due to their own reasons each.
    do you also still use windows XP?
    of course you don´t , and why? because something better came along i bet.

im sure you can agree that when John was "bought" he was about to make some very nice improvements to the program and those were just canceled along with any hope to see a a better and new improved version of his excelent piece of software, and all just to shut him down , because they didn´t do anything, at least that i know, to at least take advantage of his talent.

where is he? what is he doing for them ? has been a while since this happened , one would hope something would have popped out by now.

yeah you´re happy now ,program still works , but that will end and when you turn to AMD for a software ,wanting the same tools you had on RadeonPro you will only have the same old driver limited software and a badly implemented version of RAPTR that does nothing useful for us riddled with that ****ty points and game hours stuff for little kids , not even letting you record video in their flagship mantle engine without a ton of hassle and a bunch of luck.

lets see if you can still be so oblivious to this corporate shady practises by then.

sorry for wall of text.

3. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1

Dude, you are the biggest sycophant I have ever seen. Anyone says anything about RP being dead, Bug ridden, incomplete and you come riding in like some weird white knight to protect John's honor (which nobody is questioning publicly).

Sorry, RP was cancelled. The current version was not meant to be the final and you know it. Calling it finished because you say so doesn't make it finished. John was hired by cRaptr and signed a contract that effectively kills RP development, period. End of story.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    whatever...

5. Cold_Burn

Cold_Burn Guest

GPU:
    CF Sapphire 2x6870 1GB
    I really hope they payed him top dollar because it's clear that the contract involved the RP bits.

If that isn't the case, RP should be released as a Open Source project...

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Why?

He can do whatever he wants with HIS source code, sell it, bury it, burn it,free it, ect....

The stupid move is AMD ones (or AMD partner if you want) not his decision to work for a salary with conditions.

He has ALL the right to do it.

7. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    What i don't understand is why would AMD do this? they would stop the guy who was making what they couldn't do and helping them and their drivers, and then i thought it was to incorporate some kind of radeonpro functionality into raptr but it's been the same garbage since ever, all they did was prevent the guy to keep working on the program that they were unable to do with functionalities they failed to deliver.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    A "smart" move from an AMD partner(Raptr) who prevent his software (Game Evolved) look garbage compared to RadeonPro hiring his developer and shutting down his software makes AMD look "stupid" to select such partner AND bundling this garbage (Game Evolved) with their drivers!

LOL

:(

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I've never installed game evolved simply because RadeonPro + MSI Afterburner does all I need. I was looking forward to RadeonPro Infinity...

10. whocares7

whocares7 Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Yep.

AMD wasted his talent and ruined a great tool like RadeonPro to offer us GamingEvolved crapware which is completely useless.

RadeonPro simply offered us features which AMD couldn't able to deliver :
    - efficient post proccess AA implementation (SMAA)
    - AO implementation for Radeon users
    - different VSync modes and many more