Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    If it was a Catalyst driver problem, why isn't everyone else reporting this very issue? Have you looked to see if you have the latest flash version? Or your browser is the latest version? Have you tried different browsers to see if the problem persists across all browsers?

Point is, I don't get BSOD watching flash. Makes it seem like there is something else causing it.

2. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    You're welcome. What MacT said.

It's very common. No. Extremely common. Most often, people think with that logic which seems well at face value.

Based on extensive, comprehensive history, order of likelihood of the culprit is as follows:

1) Security or other driver on the system
    2) Faulty mobo caps
    3) Overclocking of any component

Always like to add "for good measure" when possible. It won't fix it but just again, good measure. Clear LSOs: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone know what 'Surface Format Optimization' is in the CCC ?

Its always been on for me by default, so just wondered what it is :p

4. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    It's a driver level optimization, can result in lower image quality. I always turn it off and set texture filtering quality to High Quality.

5. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    This option enables the use of reduced precision HDR render buffers - meaning a less precise dynamic range for certain render surfaces. Impact to image quality is 'supposedly' negligible. Personally I don't see any difference so I only toggle it when tweaking for stability. Try it for yourself and see.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I always have the Texture Quality to High too, have tried with it on and off, can't see any difference, thanks guys :)

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    [Old Obi Wan Kenobi voice] It's a remnant of the famous Anisotropic Filtering Wars, waged more than a decade ago.

:D

8. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I always turn it off because the image seems sharper without it. I also keep the texture quality on high. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do but I don't like it.

9. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thanks guys, I was wondering the same thing. Guess I'll leave it off from now on.

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's amazing how crap the current FC4 profile is, if you run with BF4.exe profile it's 10x better.. Although there's some flickering here and there.., but still... come on, can't they do better? .. :S Is the engine that crap? .. lol.

11. stitch

stitch Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    EDIT: Nope, it was actually a problem caused by Avast!

Yeah, I can confirm this. I usually don't have flash enabled. Only on some sites were I allowed it.

Yesterday I had a BSOD and couldn't really find out why. Just a few minutes ago I had another one. Both times I was one a website where Flash was enabled.

So there seems to be a problem with flash. Websites really need to upgrade their stupid players to HTML5 real fast.

Another one. Going back to 14.12 WHQL :bugeye:

EDIT: Nope, it was actually a problem caused by Avast!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  12. Demrock

Demrock Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Boost 7950x2
    Isnt it wonderfull how we got lied to with phantom gpu scaler bull**** and not powerfull enough gpu's to enable VSR....

As if 2x7950 are to weak to render games on 1440p or 4k with settings tuned down like we can do with GeDoSaTo.

Amd needs to stop with selling bull**** and step up their game before they are left with 10% marketshare by the end of this year.

You need every dude who have a AMD card to remain loyal to you and this...dear amd is sending people to team green.

Unlock VSR on all cards like Nvidia does without all these registry bull**** we need to do to unlock the phantom scaler in the gpu.

People have proven they have it unlocked on their HD Radeon 7000 series on windows 8 and even windows 10.

I will wait this out untill the next driver comes out and if it still is a mess and lying bull**** at AMD i just moonwalk away to team green.
    AMD loyalist here for more then a decade, but this gets me furious.

13. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    If one or both of you provide crash dumps, the speculation would become unnecessary.

What really needs to be fixed is the computer's environment.

14. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Active Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    after reading about vsr 1440 being blurry on 1080p i tried it monitor is a lg 60" plasma 1080p and it still looks sharp

15. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Active Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    i also made sure to use scaling adjust to fit desktop to the screen and when setting that resolution in game it fills the screen

16. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Active Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
  17. stitch

stitch Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    Yeah sorry, after 2 days I found out that Avast was crashing my Computer. :bugeye: Why this happened I have no idea. It never gave me problems before. And the crashdump just said something about ntoskrnl.exe, which could be anything.

After changing the driver I still had BSOD. But only when I was idle/away from the computer for a few minutes. The first times only while I was on flash sites so I thought flash or the new driver was the problem. (AMD drivers had problems with flash before!) Real quick I realized that it wasn't flash or the driver.

So I tested my RAM for hours with memtest, tested all kinds of drivers for various hardware parts, checked the inside of my PC a few times, changed several BIOS settings and energy settings in windows and nothing helped. But after uninstalling Avast the BSOD stopped.

Sooo yeah, sorry for saying it was caused by the AMD driver. The driver is fine. Avast is not :cussing:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I hope you didn't pay for this crapware, is even worst than Norton.

:D

19. stitch

stitch Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970
    No I didn't and now I never will :D

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    use bitdefender if you need a free AV, its way better than anything else out there.