DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ thanks, will try it! .22 seemed to give slightly better performance with DSR 1440p/1620p. With .19 I get occassional framedrops and 1080p is just so "coarse" after getting used to DSR.

Soon completed the campaign, may give MP a shot over the weekend ;)

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Finally got around to finish the campaign and loved every bit of it. Seriously I had a good feeling about this game, but even my expectations were surpassed. ACTION! ACTION! ACTION!... all mixed with great visuals, story (NOT bad for a classic shooter like this) and the sound, oh man...

The sound was sublime, the hellish screams, gurgles, but also the the background tracks gave me chills (coupled with that creepy Samuel Hayden's voice), and of course the in-fight metal. A lot of bass, couldn't help myself and had to play this on my good ol' Z-5500 instead of headphones, worth it. Neighbours might disagree though. :eyebrows:

3. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Very pleased with how the game performs on my system. Very little to complain about really, little to no stutter (game installed on my Wester Digital Black 7200RPM), a respectacle range of settings to experiment with.
    Tech wise it's solid but by no stretch would I call it impressive.

4. Gothik

Gothik Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 380X 4GB
    Now who do you send the crash reports to? The new crash reporter crashed before I could send the report. :p

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I only got 1 single crash in 16 hours, I couldn't send it either though.

6. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Your a lucky boy. I just had 3 crashes in the space of an hour this morning.
    One on my save load up with no error report
    One on starting the chainsaw animation
    One mid battle.

It really is random.

I still love the game though.

7. Gothik

Gothik Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 380X 4GB
    I've only had the one crash as well, but it triggered the new reporter so I thought I'd try to use it and amusingly it crashed so I couldn't. :3eyes:

8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    It's consistent for me, I haven't been able to load up the first level since it released without a CTD. That's 4 drivers now, a complete reinstall of W10, an upgrade to 16 gb of ram. I have both the CE disk version as well as the Steam version since the key activates the one on Steam, so it's not the disc nor is it the Digital copy...I don't get it, I'm done with it.

9. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.