Dead Island - Now also Redux

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BlueStinger, Sep 14, 2007.

1. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    I agreed with you until you put down Deus EX, which is a great game.

Anyway, I'm going to wait for the game to go on sale before I pick it up. I just can't make the connection of being on an island with zombies and the other people there are giving you quest to do. Would you rather be trying to get off the island instead?

2. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    Ya, sorry, didn't mean to say Dues Ex is bad, I just thought it played more like a console game. Dead Island plays more like a traditional PC game (even though it is cross-platform).

3. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    will the game run well for me? i didn't play anything for almost 2 years lol.
    by the looks of it it should do max settings no AA, no?

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I played it fine 1080p, no AA, max in game settings

5. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    thats good news! i'll go buy it then, it looks fun

6. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    downloading from steam, 7gig :S i want to play already

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Game is probably good by objective standards, but I can't stand it. Killing zombies in this game feels unsatisfying and boringly repetitive for me because of small awkwardness in animations and rigidness in control-response.

Again, not saying that game is bad, but it was definitely not for me.

8. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    What a load of bull**** in just one post.
    I can't even try to take you serious after that Deus Ex and "console trash" statement.

9. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    WTF? Did he just diss DXHR? TIME TO DIE!!!!!!!!!! But seriously though thats the greatest game in a long time. I dont know which is better witcher 2 or DXHR.

10. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechnikL View Post
    Hey,

I would just like to say to all these people hating on this game saying their glad they didn't buy it, its crap, etc. etc.

Obviously you haven't played this game because it is very good, not just good but VERY good, it has extremely good gameplay, good graphics and a good story line.

I played last night for about 5 hours and was extremely surprised at how well it runs and how fun it is to play.

2 new games DuesEx, and COJ: The Cartel, feel and look like console trash when you play them. This game "feels" like a real PC game and plays like one too.

Highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good PC game and likes the zombie genre.

I would even say this is the best zombie themed game yet. Best PC game I bought this year (besides Witcher2)

PS, just wanted to add, I know there has been a lot of crap games released recently, I have been dissapointed many times, so I understand all the people worried this is another piece of crap, but give it a go, I think you will be happy you did, even if you only enjoy it till BF3 comes out!
    What a load of bull**** in just one post.
    I can't even try to take you serious after that Deus Ex and "console trash" statement.

Whoa guys, I wasn't trying to say Dues Ex is no good, just saying I thought it played more like a console game than Dead Island. Just my opinion, alot of new games are like that, I enjoy the ones that play more like a PC game; eg: Half-Life 2, L4D, Metro 2033, TF2, BFBC2, Stalker series, etc.

11. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    It played like a console game? What does a PC game play like then? LOL! From the sound of your post you list ALL FPS games. You realize there ARE FPS games on console too right?

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I would say Metro2033, BFBC2 and Metro2033 all play like console games, Stalker and TF2 certainly don't, HL2 i find hard to judge due to the age of it, as it nowhere near a new game.

Many people also feel Witcher2 plays like a console game, with DeusEX HR being more PC like.

Should grab this at the weekend looks heaps of fun, but i see nothing in it that suggests it does anything that isn't in many previous multi-platform games.

13. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    true PC games in my opinion play smoother (higher FPS), have a wider FOV (or at least editable), have a wider range of changeable controls, no aim-assist, and do not need to be as linear in presentation. I am not talking about any specific games, just in general. Many new games (last year or so) have been designed with the console in mind limiting them in many ways, including control options, graphics, and presentation. Even the developers talk about the console limitations.

ANYWAY, my only point is that Dead Island did not have that console "feel" like many other new games and I think it is a good game.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So no one else is getting random lockups/freezing in this game? It's such game breaking for me. I can't even enjoy the game.

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    kinda like when Aliens versus Predator 2010 was released.

EDIT:I only got one lock up and that's when my 470 got too hot after 5 hours of playing.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

16. -HaRdCoRE-

-HaRdCoRE- Banned

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 GTX
    Need a Ek waterblock for it ? :) About to put a full coverage one with a few radiators on sale in the for sale forum..just been slacking.

On topic: Amazing after creating a game they could send a developer build to Steam..what a f up. Will check it out once things get ironed out. However i don't know if i could deal with melee weapons for hours on end..i prefer firepower!

17. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Xian Mei (Asian Girl) - Specializes in Sharp weapons
    Sam B (Black Guy) - Specializes in Blunt weapons
    Logan (White Guy) - All round guy
    Purna (Black Girl) - Specializes in Guns

http://segmentnext.com/2011/09/06/dead-island-characters-skill-tree-guide/

Anyone can use any weapon just some characters specializes in them with the skill tree and gets more bonuses from them. And some characters have different stats as in some have more speed while others have more health etc.. so you can choose the one with your preference sucks though that its gender locked but its not biggie. But I think they intentionally made the game more towards meleeing instead of just shooting them all.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, I will say... I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution from start to finish, and absolutely loved it.
    I'm also currently playing Dead Island, and I love it. Yes, both games have a different feel to their controls.. but that's because they are different games, on different engines... made by different people.
    Doesn't have anything do to with consoles... and platform preferences and such. DX:HR didn't "feel" like a console port by any means IMO, and neither does Dead Island.

They just feel different.

19. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    DEHR is ok... i think not being a fanboy is why i believe that...

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest