DCS World Promo Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Be sure to check out the video after the break. Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free, unified interface for all DCS products; you can think of DCS World as a simulation operating system.

DCS World Promo Video

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, it's awesome to see such a great military sim get better. On the other hand, I really wish they would team up with Bohemia and integrate their stuff into ArmA [3] world.

3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I m not sure theres a point for Ed team to integrate thoses stuffs on Arma 3 .. .. we are speaking about the ED team who developp the simulators of the A10 for the US Army and who have bring it on a public simulator...

Its 2 different worlds.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Bohemia also does simulators for the army, it's called VBS2 (Virtual Battlefield Simulator 2) based on the ArmA2 engine and the U.S. Army and the Israeli army use it among others.

(You won't understand a word, but the video is still interesting)
    http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4288521,00.html

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would like just a good milatary combat sim game to come out on pc that actual looks good, almost all the combay flight games are on consoles and all the ones I played look dumbed down and down right ugly.

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Three words: Lack of funding.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    for same reason PC, get terrible port of consoles games. and still use dx9... its sad really the last Air combat game i played and loved was F-22 Lighting II pretty sure that was still a dos game, and was a whole lot more fun and sure wasnt dumbed down like all the consoles games. the ground textures in that game look like the ground textures of these ace combat games on the consoles.. and i pretty sure there like 15+ year gap in graphics probably bad example, but that was the last pc combat flight game i liked and ace combat games textures remind me of that game, only ace combat less fun to pilot the planes in hah

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I love these games,have done for years but i dont like DCS for one reason,NO dynamic campaign,this kills the series for me,Falcon 4 BMS is far far superior and so is Rise of flight in that respect.

A remarkable piece of art they are the DCS nevertheless.

The next DCS title is going to be Huey Helicopter which is kinda meh,what happened to the Apache DCS,surely a better model to simulate.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    right... you'd need 2x full blown Knights Corner just to enter the Game Menu :D

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Yeah i know what you mean, there is a dynamic campaign, but it is really limited, and we are not really in a "story mode". This is more a training campaign however, for bring you some situation you can encounter.. the full A10C game is really by running missions on multiplayer server.

the learning curve on the A10C is really something ( in full simulation mode ofc ), even start the A10C and get all the electric system, computers, targeting, navigation systems etc ready take some time to learn. ( when you have practice it, you do it without even think to it anymore )

I have not really look lately the news about it , but the Huey look more as a part of the Flying legends addition for DCS world ( as is the P51 ), there's still another modern fixed wings for DCS series who will come, and it was intended, it will come before the A-64 ( following A10C and BS2 ).. But i dont know for the A64 if it will coming soon ( im not even sure if it was confirmed by Ed Team ). With the new 3th party system who started with DCS world anyway, many team have start develop additional planes project, at least we could see the A-64 from there.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012