Cyberpunk 2077: PC version with raytracing, first screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    My thoughts as well, and I really want this game ... We have a year to get a new card to play it ... lol

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    eetle bee fyne!

Koniakki likes this.
  3. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    why just pics and no video? oh yea, now I remember....;)

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    This makes me happy, not because i have an RTX card (I don't) but because to me that says that it probably won't be a PC port that was hindered by having consoles in mind.

Odarnok, airbud7 and Maddness like this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    As much as I couldn't care less about RTX (at least as of today, I'm sure I will eventually), people here sure are getting pessimistic over it and this game's use of it...
    It's pretty obvious the game doesn't depend on it, and I'm sure it will still be graphically amazing without it.

Maddness and Ricardo like this.
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This will require some insane horsepower for sure, I'll be playing it with ray-tracing eventually, just probably not at launch (didn't play Witcher 3 completely maxed at launch either so it's fine).

7. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    On old hardware sure, current hardware will be fine.

Ask yourself, what hardware are they currently using to compile/design/test the game? An RTX 3080ti?...Nope

Supercomputer maybe?

8. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Take a few laps at the salt lick, but WCCFTECH has details on the Super lineup. Basically, take every existing model, knock it down one price point, slot a few new chips in for the mid-range and the top end, and then remove the power locks. So you will be able to get a slightly limited version of the 2080Ti for 2080 base prices starting (potentially) later this month.

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  9. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Such hardware is already ready to be sold to you for the affordable price of 4K for the gpu and 2k for the cpu. Add another 1k for the ram and you'll be fine.

10. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I do hope the developers haven't simplified the non-RTX lighting fx for this game(/have Nvidia been a little persuasive here?) - just to give the RTX-on version a greater impact.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yeah. Never a bad tool. Always bad craftsman.

Wait, if that's true, why people constantly try to improve software? 8087 should have been sufficient tool for all computational needs we ever had. Sure, people just did not know how to utilize it. (Famously written PhysX CPU code path which nVidia left unchanged for so many years.)
    No, that's not right, right? So, it was era of Core2 CPUs since when nVidia's toolset was perfect and developers were just too bad at optimizing for it.
    No wait, that's not right again. Their toolset is as bad even with i9-9900K which is like 15 times more powerful than C2D.

So tell me, what kind of CPU improvement there needs to be before you admit that even magnitude more powerful CPU is not enough for badly made toolset.
    - - - -
    Simply said, performance impact and issues are not worth visual "improvement" it delivers.

airbud7 and Goiur like this.
  12. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Probably you will need two of them...

13. gydj

gydj Guest

why? I wish it needs 2 2080Ti with NvLink to run it.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Awesome, yet another game Nvidia is going to ruin. Nice to know I will keep a look out for this stupid setting in the options and turn it off. Even if I had a 2080Ti I would STILL turn it off. I don't like playing my games at 20fps, thanks but no thanks.

This is probably once again the reason the game got delayed, it was meant to be a late to early 2018/19 release, now we have to wait til 2020. The same thing happened with Metro Exodus, got delayed.... then it was revealed it had RT.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Haven't we done this a few times already with RTX?
    1080p max resolution
    30FPS max
    2080ti only

Unless I see a video I'm very skeptical that this actually playable at native resolution @ 60 fps.
    IMHO this is the prime example of nv's marketing hype train.

MonstroMart likes this.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    CD Projekt Red currently has 25+ open job positions for Cyberpunk 2077, including animators, game play designers, level designers, producers, etc. The game being delayed has nothing to do with RTX - the game is still being developed. No other game got delayed due to RT and your example of Exodus is false causality.

Idk have we? I looked at benchmarks for BF5, Metro, Tomb Raider and Quake RTX and none of them are close to 30fps max on a 2080Ti at 1080p. In fact BF5 is playable above 60 at QHD on the latest patches. So I'm not sure where you've seen this a few times - I certainly haven't.

Honestly aside from the price my only complaint about RTX is Nvidia launching the cards with a slide of "RTX" games that simply never materialized nor have a release date. At what point does it just become false advertising? We're what, 8 months from RTX release and there are 5 RTX games? Atomic Heart, Mechwarrior V, Serious Sam, Dauntless, Hitman 2, We happy few, Ark Survival Evolved, PUBG, In Death, all were announced months and months ago with RTX support and none of them are out or are out but still without RTX. Did we even get a single DLSS 2x game?

yasamoka, Maddness, Ricardo and 2 others like this.
  17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Interesting since i can do 1440p 60fps+ with a 2080 RTX on in current games.

yasamoka, Stormyandcold and Maddness like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Note:
    You can finish the game without killing (Yes the Peace-Full CP2077 :p)

Maddness, dark_surge and Embra like this.
  19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The hype for this game is intense, I'd still much rather have a new Deus Ex, at least I know those games deliver.

20. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    A perfectly optimized BFV runs with maybe 90 fps on FHD with RT on medium-ultra with a 2080 Ti. CB2077 uses the following in-house engine as Witcher, it's newer, improved. Allow RT and you will get 40ish-50 fps on FHD.