Cyberpunk 2077 had a massive 8 million pre-orders

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2020.

1. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    They're the fourth highest valued company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange right now, and have been for a while, so yeah, they're sort of big time.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  2. Rageoverrun

Rageoverrun Member

GPU:
    16GB
    I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying it! I was looking forward to it, but just couldn't get into it. I know RPGs traditionally have a lot of dialog, but Cyberpunk seems to be 90/10 in favor of dialog over action. It was just way too slow for me. Maybe I lost my patience with age, who knows.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  3. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    I don't have any complaints. So far I liked the game but I played only 2hours on launch day. I was busy yesterday turning my 6800XT into watercooling. :D

It would have been nice if they had Raytracing working for 6800 series from beginning but I guess their hands were full optimising and fixing other stuff. Besides it is Nvidia sponsored title therefore they will have priority to make all features work there first.:rolleyes:

4. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Massive amount of copies sold, great for them to be successful as it will pave the way for new games: Witcher 4 maybe?
    The scope of the game was huge, they are known not to abandon a game until it's perfected so I expect allot of patching in the coming months. And probably one or two DLC!
    I don't understand the negativism about it, people were tired of delays so they didn't delay anymore!

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'll get the GOTY edition in 2022 for $15.

This needs too much work for me to take the time to experience something that ruins any chance of having an experience.

itpro likes this.
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t know how serious you are but i´m expeccting lots of refunds from PS4 and Xbox owners due to the state of the game in those platforms...

itpro likes this.
  7. V3RT3X79

V3RT3X79 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3

ray tracing for 6x00 in cyberpunk 2077? yea to play the game @ 15 fps!

if they have decided not to use raytracing for AMD 6x00 video cards, it is because there is a fairly valid reason for that ....

8. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    It amazes me that stockholders aren't happy . . .

9. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I explained the stock situation in another thread. Basically, CDPR's stock price was (and still is) grossly overinflated. It's a speculative balloon that has been pumped for several years now. The sharp drop in stock price is a result of investors cashing in their profit. CDPR appreciated over 1000% in the last 5 years, though I suppose few held on that long, 130% in the last two, 25% last year alone. It's been a massive cash cow for anyone who's hopped on early enough.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    The way the console version price is dropping looks like i will be enjoying this on gamepass real soon. lol

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The first act is basically linear, is a slow burn and takes hours. After that, you are released into the game world in similar fashion to The Witcher 3 or GTA. It's worth plugging through that first act. I've been driving around killing random gangs I encounter, like some Death Wish movie.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I also love it so far, i'm playing through GFN though. I never played a singleplayer game for so long to this extend like Cyberpunk 2077. I usually quit after an hour or 2 and never bother to return.
    But i keep coming back for more. ^^

Maddness and Noisiv like this.
  13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    GoG buggered me for months to pre-order to no avail.
    I'll buy it when it will be less than 14,99€ plus free DLC.
    By that time hopefully GPU will be affordable again and availability will improve.

14. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It still looks insane even without Ray Tracing.

HandR, Turbogear and Solfaur like this.
  15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You mean releasing a total mess of a product is not reason enough to fuel the internet hatred?

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    And you would lose that bet. By miles. Likely around 2-5% refunds at the very most. On steam. So less than 1% overall. If you have to ask why, you've not done your research and don't know how little people bother requesting refunds on Steam, let alone other platforms.

You lost the bet.

Good luck with that. Not many games get that sort of price even 5 yrs after a game of this calibre releases, so yeah. Not happening.

17. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    You have alot of patience

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    That I have. Almost all marketing is built on impulse.
    My way of fighting it is having patience.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Refunds are being given out

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...y-theyre-getting-offered-refunds/1100-6485469

Not good start. I honestly think the game should of only been PS5/XBOX X/S game and PC base ps4/xbox one and even pro/x performance just unacceptable.

This first game since the Batman game on pc I heard of that was refund offered? and first I heard on consoles atlest high profile games. Not really sure what to think? I Dont remeber Witcher 3 being this bad upon launch i know it had it issues but was it this bad?

That how i got Witcher 3 infact i got whole collection for 19.99 when on sale at steam, now i have copies of all the witcher game on GoG that i got free including the goty edition which will be once again free upgrade it get RTX update and I have yet to even install witcher 3,

if I were to get the game now on PC i would playing in way where I make way to many scarifies the 6700k and 1070ti are not up to the task atlest not running the game at detail and framerate I come to expect on pc

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  20. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Your setup is not so bad for cyberpunk , you will get good fps on medium/high.

I agreee on the fact that this game should have never been released on older consoles , also they bit of "lied" on PC requiments