Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    It is a blessing and a curse, I get so swamped sometimes and when I start to get backed up, then comes the boss man wondering why.
    Not only do I build most of the computers, I also have to travel to businesses when their network, server, printers, ect go down. I am also the one that does the terminating network runs, build racks, configure routers, switches, setup domains, ect. on top of that is also the ever so often house call for computer repair, not to mention that I am now at a school for 4 hours on tuesdays, and thursdays from 1200-1600 taking care of that. I also am the only one that knows how to make an image and push it to a large order of computers via PXE, I can image 32 desktops or 40 laptops at one time.

But when the day is over and my frustration has ended, I get to step back and feel proud of a job well done.

P.S
    Some of my ideas come from here, I like to lurk and read the banter between people and get a feel of whats hot and whats not, issues some have had with a certain mobo and video card, or memory, liquid cooling issues, ect.
    Reading an article on this mobo, or video card, memory, is fine and all, but I want to get a feel of what the end user is experiencing, and most of the time someone is posting about a certain combination of components that I have been contemplating using. I find Guru3d has a wide range of different levels of computer builds ect, and there are some really smart folks here.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Well Zin....I can tell you one thing , you sure do more than me! Sheesh....I don't even know what 1/2 that stuff is. It sounds like you are doing good with all that stuff. Working like that AND having to go to school can be time consuming to say the least.....not much play time. And you are right , there are some smart tech guys on this site. I visit a few others , but as far as computer talk type message boards , this is where I always go. I haven't met a bad egg here yet.

3. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    He did actually, a guranteed 940@ 4.2 for $170. And the fact Sandy doesn't have the bandwidth to handle physx on a tri monitor system... am I the only one that noticed all sandy gaming reviews are at resolutions lower than 1920x1080 let alone 5760x1080. 1600x900 = 1440000
    1920x1080 = 2073600
    = 633600 or 44% more pixels for a cpu doing physx to calculate.... anyone care to comment and prove me wrong? If so, post some screen shots of the same gcard running 1920x1080 on sandy vs 1600x900, or if you have the ability, 3x1920 x1080... You show me, and the settings for the bmarks, and I'll concede I was wrong.... from the benches i ran against a guy at pdxlan 16?, I'm right.

4. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    dude get over it and return him the money or what ever dept you have left, you made a big ripoff anyway. And this now is nothing but making a bad name for yourself, just so you know.

Take a bad critic pay for your mistakes and move on, seriously.

6. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    I see he is still spewing all the BS like normal. Hey Nick....tell everyone how the 1366 is far superior to the sandy bridge.....love to see you explain it to people who actually know. And yeah....i know the 1366 socket was / is an awesome platform......but superior to sandy bridge? For gaming and benching both?

7. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    BTW...I agree with Hunter 100%.......I'm already over it. But he just keeps going like the energizer rabbit.

8. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    Oh Jeff, if you only did give credit, or even just kept it consistent from 2009 to 2011. God I love yahoo, it stores every sent email forever!!! And busts this liars butt right open, your turn buddy.

and his response to those original pictures, do i hear a friggin sweet?

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:56 PM
    Subject: Re: Any pics yet Nick?

hehehe, I thought that'd get ya jazzed! and yeah, it looks a ton better in person. Another thing that's cool and I forgot to get a picture of is the switches on the back for the red lights, so if you want it all blue, flip flip and bam, it's only the blue LEDs lighting it up, it's nice.

For the graphics card, you can get two 4870s for 125 a piece and a 4870 in crossfire is like 97-100% of the performance of a 4870x2, which looks to be right up there with the 5870s, beating it in some as well. So that'd save ya $100 and I bet you the 5870s will come down to $250 in under a year. The 4870s you'd be able to sell for AT THE VERY VERY LEAST $150, which is like buying 1 getting 1 free, and with the waterblocks, it'd probably be more like $250 total and bam, ya saved $100 bucks in the end.

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, Jeff @ Sheetrock 101 <huber7740@comcast.net> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 10:23 PM

HOLY **** Nick.....that looks friggin' SWEET! Man , you weren't kidding , that radiator is huge! You did an awesome job on that water tower Nick. It'll look sweet sittin' here next to my new comp when i get her all done.

Oh yeah....and the video cards ( since i'm going to buy those last) will be something i'll have to look at , and see what i can afford at that time. But i have always been the type of person , that really beleives in the saying " buy cheap....buy twice". Another words , i think it's a waste of money building a rig like this , or motorcycle , Airplane....whatever , and only building it to about 80% of what you "really" want. It'll just mean i'll have to strip some parts off , try and sell them for only a fraction of what i payed for them , which to me , just doesn't make sense. As far as the video cards go to , i " could" get 1 - 5870 now and then get another one later and hook it up into crossfire. And heck , at $349.00 , it's cheaper than getting two $199.00 - $230.00 cards.....and i can always add another card like a month later or something.

Well anyways , awesome job on that water tower man. can't wait to have you come down , put this new rig together and get it all hooked up on water. beer and steaks on that day....for sure!! God damn it i can't wait!

Jeff

----- Original Message -----
    >
    Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:37:22 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific

oooo it's sooo pretty, the pictures don't do it justice at all either!!!

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, Jeff @ Sheetrock 101 <h> wrote:

Hey Nick......just checking in to see if you could send me some pics of the new water tower you built for me. Also....i can't remember , but did you mention that you picked up a set of water blocks for the 4890's to? If you did , i kind of wanted to wait until the very end of the build , as i wasn't 100% positive on which cards i was getting. But that's ok , IF i don't end up getting the 4890's , i guess we could sell them. I've been doing some reading on those new 5870's so you know HAHA!!

9. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    "HOLY **** Nick.....that looks friggin' SWEET! Man , you weren't kidding , that radiator is huge! You did an awesome job on that water tower Nick. It'll look sweet sittin' here next to my new comp when i get her all done."

to

"BTW...I agree with Hunter 100%.......I'm already over it. But he just keeps going like the energizer rabbit. "

of course you're over it dumb ace, you're the one who is sitting on $600 of my stuff and don't have a newegg preferred account balance to pay. Can't wait to see your face when you realize you're going to have to get over a civil suit. Maybe you'll be the one with an anxiety attack then?

10. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    hehe....so you are saying they are the same water tower....even after I showed the pics? And again genius , it was before I actually got to look at it. The one you brought down here was a complete disaster.....besides you credited it back to me in numerous emails which I have already posted as well.

Anything else?

11. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Actually.....you owe me money for building a completely worthless $680.00 water tower. And you only gave me $250.00 in credit. Again ( and I have asked about a 100 times ) please get a lawyer and have him call me. Would love to see you in court.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Jeff, stop responding to him. He's trying to get you to say something he can use against you in court or otherwise. Just ignore him completely, break off all contact.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And even that were the case, it would be cheaper to get a GT 430 for PhysX and SB, than to get a X58+i7 9xx system.

Hell, if you were so concerned about PhsyX, why not get Jeff two GTX 560(ti)'s instead of 6870's?

14. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I am somewhat surprised this thread has not been closed like the others.

I do not know who is right and who is wrong, nor am I taking sides, although, interestingly enough, I would point out from my perspective as an objective and disinterested party, Nick was banned, but not Jeff.

15. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Well , I don't blame anyone for not picking sides. I did my best to show proof of what had happened , with pictures and so forth. He never disagreed with the amount of money I had already paid for in advance or the parts I kept. If anyone was to do the math they would see I was 100% correct on everything I did. I couldn't possibly show anything more than those pictures and explain my side. Which in all his babble , he agreed with the few points I made.....but twisted things around like the idiot that he is. Basically....he wanted me to pay for his mistakes. wanted me to pay for the damaged equipment he put into my computer and pay for that water tower. I gave everything back in which I did not pay for. The water tower was given back in trade for another $250.00 of new hard ware....which was his idea in the first place. I didn't gain anything from this transaction except a head ache and lost over $400.00 of my own money.

and even though he has tried like hell to ruin me , he will be the one and only person on any message board I post at that would claim such idiotic garbage. I didn't get where I am today by being a crook. And have always prided myself for being honest. He can post whatever he wants , where ever he wants , but I know the truth and I posted every bit of it on here. the pictures alone speak a thousand words alone. Anyone in their right mind would not buy that stuff , including me.

Anyways....i am sorry if i put any of you guys through a mess here , i really am. I too wanted it to stop so i can go about trying to learn how to build a PC the correct way. but it's hard to sit by and watch someone try and trash your name when I was the one who was the victim in the first place. I just so happen to of had the upper hand on the end of the deal....handed him back his broken stuff and kept the stuff I payed for and was good.

again , I apologize for any and all that I may have caused here. I have a lot of people on here whom I call friends and have been here quite a few years. Nick was here two days , and that was to start trouble.

16. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    BTW.....it doesn't matter to me if this thread gets nuked. But i think it's a good reminder of what a person can do as far as putting together a machine and then trying to make someone pay for it.....when it looks like that and only ran about a day.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    All I can say is that try to keep yourself calm. We all realize that getting angry accomplishes nothing, remaining calm is a lot easier said than done, but the more you keep it in mind the easier it becomes.

Just learn from the experience and next time around we'll help you pick out parts.

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well he replied PM to me after i posted here today, looks like right before he got banned..

apparently 600$.. So these 600$ are for that water pump? or what is he dreaming about..

He was mentioning 30hrs of work, but i wouldn't pay for that kind of work.

Anyway good luck Jeff, hope you got it sorted out.

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    CAn someone (preferably the OP), sum up the whole thread and whats happened please, its too messy to follow.

20. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Sure.....this pretty much sums everything up in another post I did.

"You guys see the $281.00 he is speaking of , is actually less than that , it's about $250.00. What he is failing to understand is....he wants the money so he can give me the water tower back.....that is EXACTLY what all this was about.

So another words : I spent almost $200.00 on a case and PS right? I hand it over to little Nicsh!ts to build me a water tower. He charged me , $480.00 to build it the first time and when it looked like this >> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=100_1928.jpg

He then keeps the thing for two years after he built it ( After i still paid him every cent! ) and holds on to it until one day I finally get it back. A month later , he writes me an email wanting to borrow it for a weekend.....I finally had to write the idiot 4 months later to get the thing back.

He then says " You can't use it , so why don't I just try and sell it for you?" OR , "I'll just buy it from you or give you a $250.00 credit towards your computer build".

I said perfect! Get rid of that thing and I'll take it in the shorts since I just spent $680.00 on that piece of crap!

Then.....he builds my crappy computer which failed in so many ways , and it went belly up in 24hrs. We all know the story to this one. But he also fails to mention , that the night he came down to bring me my computer , he says " Surprise....I brought your water tower back!"

What? I didn't want that thing and he said he was going to give me a credit for $250.00.

He brings it in....I open it up , and this is what I see >> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=100_0918-1.jpg

http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=100_0920.jpg

http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=100_0919.jpg

The first pic is is embarrassing enough , the set of second pics.....it's a disaster! I paid $680.00 for that? Hell no! I gave it back and kept $250.00 worth of parts! And then I kept another $300.00 in parts for the $300.00 in cash I gave him!

Who got screwed on this deal? I would say me! Parts I kept and dollar amount.....

HD's.....$183.00
    Ram.....$100.00
    1 - HD6870....$175.00
    Corsair 16GB flash drive...$20.00
    Nostromo Razer $60.00

Total....$538.00!

I'm still $12.00 short which should of covered the shipping on these items since he got them all at once.

I owe him nothing. he's a liar , scam artist , worthless piece of trash that likes to try and rip people off. I've proved my case , over and over....and he still doesn't get it.

And the computer parts he destroyed the warranty on them.....of course I was going to give them back. It's a shame really.....brand new hardware like that , that had to go through the hands of a complete hack artist
    ."

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.