CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) Tips, Tricks and Monitors OC (LCD/LED/CRT)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Oct 3, 2016.

1. dhaern

dhaern Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    @OnnA Can you help me with new LG OLED TVs? I use the 48 model as a monitor and it have advanced monitor features like Gsync/freesync and 120hz. Can this OLED TV be overclocked and/or parameters improved and tweaked with CRU? Here are the specs and manuals, OLED48CX6LB model:

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-oled48cx6lb

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/manuals?csSalesCode=OLED48CX6LB.AEK

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    One You can do for sure is to edit FS range e.g. 30-120FPS
    IMhO rest is fine with it ;)

As i said many times - Tweak and learn.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    My samsung C27F396 have 48-75hz and i managed to reduce it to 40-75hz freesync range, works well. As soon i drop below 40 i get no display.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For mine 28Hz is the hard wall, 30 or 35 is best IMhO.
    But all in all i never drop <60FPS in my games, most of the time 65-70FPS silky smooth w/FS :D
    VRR is really a good thing.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. slakosd

slakosd Guest

GPU:
    Radeon Vega
    Hello, I need your help because I'm having problems with my new screen. Recently I changed the stock screen to the Innolux N156HCE-GN1 on my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 with Ryzen 4500U to improve the color accuracy for photograpy.

The screeen works perfect on BIOS, Ubuntu and Windows with Microsoft drivers, but when I install the AMD drivers the screen starts to blink ramdomly, It's insupportable.

I have been using CRU and trying some settings without results. The only settings that half work is "Exact reduced" but sometimes blink too, at least blink too much less times than before.

Here is the specs of my screen: https://www.panelook.com/N156HCE-GN1_Innolux_15.6_LCM_overview_41166.html

Can you help me to find the correct settings for this panel? Thanks you.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Look into N156HCE-GN1 Datasheet (in Specs Tab)
    Try to preserve specs for Range limits
    V rate & H rate then adjust if needed.

slakosd likes this.
  8. slakosd

slakosd Guest

GPU:
    Radeon Vega
    Thanks you OnnA, but I dont know which specs data I have to use to set the CRU configuration :(

These are the stock configuration who blink all the time:

[​IMG]

And here the "Exact Reduced" who blink sometimes:

[​IMG]

HDR info,suppodsely the screen supports HDR400, I have tried enabling HDR option but Windows don't detect any HDR.

[​IMG]

Thanks you so much for your time.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    slakosd likes this.
  10. Tomatone

Tomatone Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Steel Legend

11. Krevar

Krevar Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Strix
    Hi, VSR doesn't work for me since 20.4.2 drivers (works perfect with these). I can activate it in drivers but it doesn't add new res with any recent drivers. I Thought i found a solution using CRU : I added 2560*1440 resolution (automatic HDTV timing + TMDS 340hz), and placed it in first "position" in CRU : after tinkering it worked one time (mean i saw superior to my native 1080p TV res, including 1440p but 1800p and 2160p to, and could activate it!) But since i rebooted, i still can see the new VSR resolutions but can't use it (my monitor says res is not supported. The refresh rate is blocked to 59.940hz to : if i apply 60hz, black screen and monitor says res is not supported to... Very frustrating since i can now see the VSR resolutions ans it worked one time! If anyone else wants to try or have an idea...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  12. Krevar

Krevar Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Strix
    UPDATE: MANAGED TO MAKE IT WORK AGAIN !
    So the problem seemed to be gpu scaling, it has to be disabled. Once disabled i can access more refresh rates in windows, and activate 60hz. After that VSR works perfectly in any game with last drivers! EDIT; It only works in borderless, not fullscreen,and windows is limted to native res! So complicated!! But with gpu scaling activated, i can only access 50-59,94-60hz, and refresh rate is blocked to 59,940. If i try to change it to 60hz : black screen and tv says resolution not compatible... Strange!
    But glad i found a workaround, and i tried rebooting without problem, VSR still active!
    To sum up:
    I activated VSR in driver, but not gpu scaling. (At this point i can't "see" VSR resolutions in windows, which was the initial problem). Added 2560*1440p resolution in CRU+TMDS clock to 340mhz. This time i can see resolutions and IF refresh rate is 60hz progressive, it works. (Sometimes i was stuck with 59.94hz and VSR didn't work, but i think it was related to gpu scaling activated)
    So it's very weird, but i'm happy because now VSR is working normal, like it was with 20.4.2 drivers. I repeat i saw an other guy on AMD forum having the same problem after 20.4.2, that is why i think it could be driver related?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    OnnA likes this.
  13. Wam777

Wam777 New Member

GPU:
    RTX3090
    CRU has been a life saver, well definitely a hair saver as I was pulling it out trying to get movies playing perfectly smoothly using a PC and MadVR. My specs:

Nvidia RTX 3070 FE
    LG C9 65 OLED
    MPC HC wtih MadVR v0.92.17

I've setup a custom resolution for 23.976Hz and I've now got movies playing super smoothly and in Madvr (Ctrl J) I'm getting 1 drop every few days at most, if showing no drops at all, which is excellent.

[​IMG]

The only big problem is that I've lost HDR and it is no longer passed through to the LG C9, when before it would automatically switch to HDR mode when HDR content was playing on it.

How do I add HDR to the CRU resolution so that it still passes through HDR to the TV?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  15. Dannyopac23

Dannyopac23 Guest

GPU:
    My screen started to fail since I increased the HZ. The screen is flickering and it overlaps:
    [​IMG]
    Check this video:

Help!
    [hr]
    That happens even in the BIOS. Now I am using 60 HZ, and it doesn't work :(.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try to set up one monitor at a time. Also revert to default.
    1 at a time.

17. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    There is tons of wealthy information here. I have the LGC9 as a display monitor for my second setup. LG did not release the Freesync update to the C9. The CRU Mod is awesome for C9 AMD users.

Thank you Onna. I have informed other C9 owners of your expertise.

OnnA likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For the People :p :D
    Have fun....

Undying and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  19. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hi guys!, i have a samsung
    C24FG70 24 inch my ultimate fs is set to 70-144 hz what is the correct lowest value of fs here? im on dp port.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You can go as low as 45FPS IMhO.
    I have mine set as 30-32FPS (depends on drivers).
    And it's working fine. Try & error is the best way, but 45 is somewhat standard setting.