Crate Entertainment's - Grim Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FlawleZ, Jan 20, 2010.

1. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    When is the release date ?

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    New big update went live a couple of days ago, level cap raised to 50, act 3 100% playable. I'll post some over the next 2 days.

3. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Some of Diablo 2 team moved to Crate.
    Is this ACT3 prefinal version?

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

5. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Bump.

Looks like development has been busy, recently pushing out a major update. Only played the first chapter, however, I think I'm going to wait till the final product is released to get stuck in.

Can't wait.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yep the previous build (Build #30) made the game content complete, current build (build #31) polishes and balances the game a bit so it's ready for release in I think it's planned for a February release. :)
    (With one more build in-between for early-access for some final tuning.)

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Received this e-mail from Crate a couple days ago -

=============================================

Full Release Feb 25th and the Journey Continues.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are finally nearing the end of the first and longest leg of this epic journey. Thinking of all the support we received from backers on KS to help make this possible, I felt this would be the most fitting place to first announce the release date. Grim Dawn will be officially released from Early Access this Thursday February 25th!

Additionally, Build 31 with it's monumental change log, just went live and you can experience the full game right now as it prepares to disembark from Early Access forever. It’s been almost seven years of my life completing this game and it’s rather surreal that it’s finally here. I’m not sure I believe it.

My routine for so long as been to wake up and go work on Grim Dawn until it’s time to go to bed. I started this single and childless and now I’m married with two kids (I guess Jeff Goldblum was right – life finds a way). The project waxed and waned and waxed again as early volunteers joined up but then drifted off, I found myself working alone some days and things ground to a crawl, then KS gave it a kick in the ass and we were off again with new team members. This went from a crazy dream I knew was against the odds to the current reality of a 10-person team. I struggled through PayPal freezing our first crowd-funding account, lead poisoning, the passing of family members, all manner of technical and hiring challenges. It’s almost hard to believe looking back on it all.

We’ve delivered a lot of content beyond the promise of our Kickstarter, including an extra Act, a sixth class, major gameplay systems such as devotion and many more hours of gameplay than we originally talked about. Thanks to the success of Grim Dawn in Early Access, we’ve also been able to add VO for main quest dialog and an animated intro trailer, which are included in the new build.

I say this journey is only nearing the end because, even with the completion of Grim Dawn, we still have some work ahead of us. Shortly after the full release or maybe even along with it, if we can manage it, we will release the DRM-free build and virtual rewards. I’m currently emailing with the folks at Humble Store to figure out how to set that up. They have a nice system for facilitating the distribution of KS rewards now… unfortunately, we were one of their first pre-existing clients to run a KS, so our data / configuration on their system is a bit convoluted and we’re trying to figure out the best way to release things. I’m hoping we’ll have that set up within a week though.

The virtual goods have all been finished and are also just waiting for us to set up the distribution for them. Basically, we have a bunch of logistical stuff to sort though. We’ve also began producing physical rewards, beginning with the map and poster. We’ve prepared the final art for that and are currently talking to a print shop. The Boxed copies will come later since we’ll need to take the final build and master discs from it. We also need to find someone to produce the box. That and omg, I need to write the Crate Story… that’s going to be quite a tale.

Following release and whatever bug-fixing and polish work we still need to do, work will begin on future updates, modding tool release, Survival Mode (actual name yet to be decided) and the expansion. I’d be sad to see the end of Grim Dawn, fortunately, this isn’t the end. There is more Grim Dawn to come and also we may see the start of new things in the coming months.

It’s fantastic to come out of this with not only a complete game that’s bigger and better than I dared imagined it would be but also a team and company on solid footing,capable to launching new projects on our own. I sincerely and heartily thank you all for the part you played in making this happen. I hope you enjoy all of the hard work and passion that went into, not only completing this game but filling it with tons of details, lore, secrets and personal touches.

Until next time – good hunting

- Arthur and the Crate Team

=============================================

Finally! :nerd:

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah been playing it since build 31 was released a little while ago (A couple of hotfixes has since followed and there might be a final one today just before release.) and I've enjoyed it a lot but I have played it since build 0 was made available to backers though I never finished more than the first act as I was waiting for the game to be finished before continuing with the rest of it.
    (Even backed it years ago before Steam early access and Kickstarter made things simpler for funding projects like these so it's nice to finally see it finished and ready for release plus a expansion is planned as well and the game received more classes to choose from and a full extra act as a result of the additional funding received.)

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I bought it on sale late last year, really enjoyed what I played but I figured I'd wait a little longer for the game to be polished. Seems that now might be a good time to get back into it.

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Happy for Crate that they finally FINALLY have released this game.

I played myself out of it a long time ago now and even with the new content I have next to no desire to try to get back into it since now there are more compelling games to play.

for those that like Hack n Slash or the old Titan Quest games they will likely have some fun with this game.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A very good game game but one then still has a few bugs and issues lingering in the release code such as the fact that the character still faces cave entrances after actually going in them, which caught me out a few times (I would end up going back outside!). Also, the game has generally good collision detection but often times my character can be seen clipping through furniture especially in indoor locations. Not a killer but it does take away slightly from what is otherwise a polished and entertaining romp.

Also, nice that they allowed the character level and loot etc. to carry over from the Early Access build.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I bought this gem the day before yesterday and played most of Sunday, what a great game! Fantastic graphics, great atmosphere, nice music and cool spell effects. It truly reminds of Titan Quest and Diablo 2 which obviously is a good thing.

I've noticed a few graphical glitches like lightning problems with campfires and a few other light sources.

Loot sources like Human Remains, Rocks and other stashes "glint" so that you don't miss them. For me they keep glinting even after being uncovered.

Untouched meals keep re-appearing on the map although they've been consumed and quest POIs appear/vanish from the map.

Small things from an otherwise polished game.

Edit - The music really reminds me of Diablo 2, anyone else agrees?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ personally I find the music to be even better than Diablo 2. I think the score of the game is one of its best features honestly.. very well made and fits the game to a tee.

Unfortunately for me I got tired of it playing pre-release (as I kickstarted early). I did get around 600hours in the game, so more than got my money's worth.. but can't really bring myself to play it anymore. Just feels too slow and boring for me at this point.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/219990/allnews/

Grim Dawn is still active but the developers also went back and revised a older game they released almost ten years ago...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/475150/

http://steamcommunity.com/games/475150/announcements/detail/597112859861313840

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition

Full changelog:
    http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_AnniversaryEdition_FullChangelog.txt

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wait, just checked my Steam library, I already owned Titan Quest and TQ: Immortal Throne, but now I also have the Anniversary Edition in my library, is it a free gift to all who own the original games?

I love these devs, Crate are amazing. Yes they've taken their time with the game, but they relentlessly kept with it, releasing updates in early access stage, with new acts being added. When the game went live, they didn't stop there, added another act, now Crucible, many other content updates, endless work is being done to the game.

Respect to these guys.

Installing the Anniversary Edition now, thanks for the heads up mate.

16. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  18. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    The standard digital version and the Loyalist version are now on sale via their site -

http://grimdawn.com/contribute_buynow01.php

^Really looking forward to the expansion. It looks like their game/project has been a success overall.

19. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  20. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    drandiiski likes this.