Colors messed up with 7900GS

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by wingman123, Sep 8, 2008.

1. wingman123

wingman123 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 260
    I have a PCIExpress Inno3D Geforce 7900GS I bought about a year ago. About two days ago, while I was working on my computer, suddenly the colors changed so that red was displayed as black and it has been like that ever since. First I thought it was a problem with my monitor, but when I tried my onboard VGA, the colors were fine. When I tried the other video output of the 7900, it displays blue color as black (and everything white is yellowish). How can that happen? I overclocked the card sometimes back but I changed it back to stock speeds and I haven’t overclocked it at least for the last 3 months. I wasn’t even playing a game when the problem started. My monitor has analog input so I’m using the DVI to analog converter I got with the card. Is there any way to solve this or put the two outputs together (since one doesn’t display red and the other doesn’t display blue)?

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Hey i had 7900GS and after 1.5 year it started to corrupt colors/graphics in games then even in desktop. Thats becasue VRAM is dieing, or most propably in your case.

3. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    there might not be a proper contact with thew pins and the converter, therefore, check the converter itself, the converter may be at fault. something similar happened with me before. if possible, try another converter altogether

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  4. comedyguy126254

comedyguy126254 New Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900 GSOC
    dude all you gotta do is call the manufacturer of your card up (mines bfg) and tell them your card port got bent or sumthin. the converter attached to my monitor wire was too long and i pushed my computer back into the wall and it bent it. so i sent it back and it came back new