Can anybody speak Swedish?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by arnie, Feb 21, 2008.

1. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    If so, you wouldn't be so good as to translate this for me, would you?

Yes, at the bottom of the article that is a link to a blog I write for, and I really want to know if it is a positive mention, or a negative one..

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Jag kan inte tala svenska. Ok, maybe a little bit, but that's too hard for me.

3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    l2 google

4. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Uhm... He didn't mention anything about your blog at all... He was talking about the basque, catalon and samer and linked to your blog because it was relevant to his story about minorities who want to become independent.

Edit: Actually, the author is a she. Sorry bout that ;)

5. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Give me an hour :) Oh, no there's already a Swede in here :( Oh well, Norwegians kick Swede-ass.

6. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    she is saying that her grandfather is going to serbia in the night, and is wondering if she can go as well this year, although it might not be that smart because the albanians may want more land(i got no better translation than that).
    She hopes that there will be nor war or so. "Stupid groups of people that think that gold, being rich and having status is the only thing that matters. Kosovo is ours, serbian. do they think that they can just take any piece of land as soon as a war starts to cool down. And then a few years later demand independence."

the last paragraph is about the sami, better known to other people as eskimos. She wonders if they are going to want their own part of sweden. And the basks and catalans in spain.
    the link to the blog(i guess "the right student" is yours?) says; "And other states".

its not the best translation, i know, but its been a while since i practiced my swedish.

7. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Eskimos?? When the hell did the sami people turn into eskimos?? You must be thinking of inuits... :3eyes:

Sami:
    [​IMG]

Eskimos:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ahahaha.... I dare anyone to tell a sami that he's/she's an eskimo :hatty: They'd tie you to a reindeer and make it haul you all over the Finnmark plateau!

9. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    :bonk: oops, i know even less about them than i thought i did apparently. just goes to show how little people outside of scandinavia know about them.

but isnt there a name for the sami people that most people know, cause im pretty sure a lot of people have never heard the name sami? :confused:

10. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lapps?;)

11. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    yeah, thats what i was looking for!