Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    My game runs a lot better now, still get some occasional stutters here and there but I can now use scoped weapons without any problems. Just played a good 3hrs and had a lot of fun!

ramthegamer, blitz72 and anxious_f0x like this.
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How s the game guys? A buy for 35 bucks? Is it better than B2?

3. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  4. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I'm having a blast. $35 is a really good deal, I'd snag it. Other than the long load time(running dx12 runs better for me) I have had a pretty smooth experience with it. IMO it's a lot better than BL2(it was awesome too). The gun combinations are awesome(and kinda crazy). Just my 2 cents. If you snag it add me to your friends list on Epic. MuTT420 If you liked BL2 I'm pretty sure you'll like 3! :D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    ramthegamer and Singleton99 like this.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Got to one of those areas last night, Cpu rammed on one core and gpu at 60%!

Gonna try the dx12 tonight in the same place see how it is.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Decided I’m going to give this game a break until a proper performance patch is released, the games running significantly worse for me since the first patch released.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The game does not run well even with two 2080Ti's? wtf...

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I might wait for a bit since im hearing performance issues and i have a gtx 970 which i wouldn t need any performance issues here,however i can run bfv at 100fps so should be able to play this without major problems

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't think it officially supports SLI.
    Which, trying to run it in SLI if it doesn't support it could cause performance issues in itself.

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Doesn’t really matter what configuration you use sadly, single GPU and SLi are both CPU limited in DX11 and DX12 doesn’t support multiGPU and is being super wonky after the last few patches.

Loading into a new areas loses me around 20fps in DX12 now until I restart the game, super frustrating. Some sort of memory leak maybe.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah I am having a total blast with the game, even the stuttering seems to have gone now. I put many hours in to BL2. BL3 is just BL2 with more stuff. The weapon combos are better, I tend to find I end up switching out weapons on a more regular basis and have found my play style is faster and more up close than it was in previous BL games, though I am putting that down to my Amara build.

A few things though, you end up going to different worlds however it's all a bit pointless they could have just set the game on Pandora and set the 'different worlds' as extra biomes of Pandora. Yes it means they can make much larger more sweeping changes to the looks and styles of the levels (worlds) but they are certainly not as big and as open as Pandora was.

The story isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It's just it was following Tales from and BL2 and Handsome Jack and whatever way that was a hard act to follow. It's better than BL1 and strings the events of the game along nicely and it does have one or two shocking moments.

Badasses, my god what nugget at Gearbox thought it was a good idea to give almost every Badass a multi firing RPG. The number of times you get ganked by unseen Badass just because he/she has the ability to tank your shield and health with two direct hits is more than a little annoying. I am also seeing 'The annointed' as being a potential annoyance in the future as well.

Other than that I am liking it and it seems a lot of other folk are too given that it's supposedly T2's best selling game so far, looks like Epic Games exclusive didn't hurt this game as much as everyone thought it would.

Singleton99, anxious_f0x and blitz72 like this.
  12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Finally finished the story now doing side quests with mayhem on.

Really, really enjoying the game. The halloween event is great too.

blitz72 likes this.
  13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Liked the general progression of the main plot and characters from previous games but the villains this time were irritating with their stupid streamer personality stuff. Nothing on handsome jack.

Tyson de leon was a good part of it though, the logs were cool.

Though vehicles actually being decent this time were good, you can actually use them as portable turrets when you want.

14. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    That last patch really made a HUGE difference in loading time with DX12! Takes just a few seconds now for it to load. I have no problems whatsoever running this maxed out at 1080p(90 - 100+ fps dips a little bit here and there but very smooth).

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got the game yesterday. As usual the 2080Ti couldn't run the game at max settings so I had to spend 30 minutes to adjust settings so that I wouldn't get low FPS. Luckily I found the DF video and used some of it's settings, plus DX12 (less stuttering) and for some reason borderlands windowed (I mean borderless windowed). Wanted to get as close to 95 fps as possible and it worked...to some extent, sometimes it dips like crazy 70-ish even though I've turned down the Draw Distance to High.

The game though seems great so far :) Fun humor and it feels fresh somehow. I've heard bad things about the Calypsos but all in good time, I'm just level 3 so far.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Finished it yesterday which took about 52hrs and included all side quests and a lot of running back/forth to vending machines.

Pros : The game engine upgrade really makes the visuals stand out and I love the graphical "cartoonish" style. I think the story was pretty good and involved a huge character roster with some memorable faces. The humor was mostly pretty funny. Tons and tons of weapons with nice feel to most of them and good SFX. Nice variation of planets and settings. Very good length and decent "replayability". The four classes are quite varied in terms of skills and abilities.

Cons : Antagonists! Not only are they completely ridiculous, the dialogue is stupid with whole social media thing *puke*. In some places there is a good amount of Vendor machines, in other places there is just one which is weird since the game is built on loot and selling loot. The 10% dollar penalty on death adds to unnecessary dollar grind for SDUs. Some quests were very short. Some characters are dull.

I hereby give the game a weak 4 out of 5.

17. Yeah I've finished this atrocity a month ago, but I'm struggling to find anything positive.

Story is the typical forgettable BL mishmash. Childish, idiotic and 100% forced "humor". Badly designed bossfights. Unsatisfying gunplay against hordes of constantly respawning bullet-sponges. Annoying F2P mechanics like extremely small inventory, very small vault, not enough ammo, loosing money on death etc. It even feels like it was supposed to be a F2P game, but designers changed their mind somewhere mid development. Most SQ are just fetch quests forcing players to travel from one side of map to another. Extremely buggy UI with swapping weapon icons and lags. Also pretty badly designed and non intuitive map. Terrible handling of cars with M/K and also the typical UE's stutter when loading/unloading streaming parts.

Is there anything I liked? Probably visuals on some of the worlds, visual design of weapons and LAN support.

3/10

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You're right about buggy UI which can be quite annoying but regarding the UE stutters I don't feel that it's the games fault, it's just UE (the Star Wars game also has stutters on level transitions just as an example).

Interesting to read your thoughts as they were quite different than mine. But I'm surprised about that ammo comment, I personally felt there was always an abundance of ammo due to the massive amount of containers everywhere. I didn't even buy more than 3 SDUs per ammo type since I didn't feel more was needed. Perhaps I could have bought one extra for sniper ammo but that's it.

19. ^ I don't really blame Respawn for UE4 issues, because it's their first UE game and TBH every studio steps into this "UE streaming trap" at least once. But Gearbox? They have more than 13 years of experience with UE. And yes, there are ways how to deal with this problem.

Well regarding the ammo... I guess it depends on weapons you use, game difficulty and even character class. I used Siren with fast firing elemental weapons, mostly submachine guns and even 4 SDUs were not enough.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    First thing done, maxing out all the SDUs for every category; what else is the currency good for. Was surprised that it took them as long as it did for them to give bosses specific loot pools. Before there was no reason not to just farm Graveward and Cpt Traunt. Only good item Tyrine dropped was Queen's Call. Phasecast allowed good performance with hard hitting medium range elemental weapons; did not really come alive until aftergame. Submachine guns were some of the worst weapons in the game unless it was a cuttsman (siren wise). Otherwise auto rifles Siren worked better. Would have to say though that the game peeked with BL2; cannot top Handsome Jack.