Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Dec 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Update also includes that every mob will drop armor and weapon stones now. More chance to get them now.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, not really because you'll only be grinding where you get good xp, right? And most of those mobs already have a chance to drop stones and armour.

I'll keep an eye on the developments... If they up the drop rate, maybe I could play on because in all honesty, I really like most of the aspects of this game, open world PvP makes it real fun. The way things are now though, it's difficult to keep up with the hardcores, I just don't have the time to play like some others do. And if you're behind, gear wise, you get raped. Which is no fun when you're trying to gear.

3. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah i'm in the same boat. Most of the time i'm afk fishing. between two kids, job, wife and a house to maintain; it's hard to find time to truly grind and catch up to all the hardcores.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Man, that must be tough. Here's how it went for me... I was off for 3 weeks when the game launched (4 days early access from Conqueror's package). I played countless hours out of the game, I was actually happy when the first maintenance hit because I could get some sleep. Basically, I'd play till 8am, sleep till 11am, then play again till crazy hours in the morning, getting about 3-4 hours sleep a day.

I was up there with the best on the server, hitting 50 very fast and gearing like mad. Then I went back to work, could only play a few hours a day and it was still ok because I was ahead of the curve.

But now... It's tough to keep up. Especially on Jordine which is really competitive. So... dunno what to do. I really like the game, but the fact that I'll never be competitive again because of lack of game time. I just don't want to get owned because someone has better gear than me :(

Still, a great MMO and I highly recommend it. Really deep, great mechanics in places. The RNG is kinda fun, until you hit BiS gear. Then it's a bit of a bitch.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'll just take my time and enjoy the game slowly. I'm yet to hit 40 with any character and I've been playing since early access.

I kinda wish that they would make PvP/PvE toggle. It would basically solve this problem. Then they should make it so that you can only change it like once per day to avoid abuse.

New patch:
    Reason:
    • Fixing the bugged event "Road to Valencia [Black Stone drop from all monsters]"
    • Fixing Training EXP Boost

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    The new expansion makes it really tempting to keep leveling.

After hearing some youtubers thoughts about the game who has been playing it pretty much hardcore i don't know if i want to keep playing.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Allright, I'll just keep leveling and questing since that's what I like most. Bummer though that I have so little inventory space and so many items. I've filled my bank in two towns already. I dont think I mind grinding either, my wizard is quite fun to play and feels pretty powerful.

8. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    yeah you have to spend real money to get more inventory space and more carrying weight. Game doesn't give you either one of those in mass.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You can buy inv space and weight limit via the loyalty store (no real cash). You also get inv space via quests.

Just a mention Netherwind, questing will reward you contribution points 95+% of the time, meaning you won't level doing quests. To level, you need to kill mobs. Grinding is the only way, I'm afraid.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You also level up by doing life stuff i.e. fishing, trading etc.

11. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    1 storage space and 50LT with loyalty is it? would take forever to get anything. Besides, I save loyalty for scrolls. it's just me.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea, you're right, I remember getting one or two inv "slots" from time to time as a quest reward.

Really? I had no idea :) Allright, I'll be grinding.

Ok, what about warehouse/bank storage? Is there any way to expand that? Or should I just sell everything since I don't imagine that I'll craft stuff or use those kind of features ingame.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Rent houses in the city you want more storage but just have the houses as storage they will add more slots to your bank.

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Thanks to a kind member on these forums I was able to try out BDO recently. I must say that the graphics are by far the best of any MMO I have ever seen and are actually better then the majority of AAA games out there. It appeared fun to play as I ran around the starter area a bit. One thing I was concerned about was how smutty it might be after seeing many of the armors online. Having a young child in the house I didn't want a Tera Online with improved graphics. :p Anyways the NPCs in the starter area at least were all dressed in sensible atire and overall seemed very safe for little eyes and ears. Overall the only thing preventing me from buying it is my backlog of games and the amount of time I already spend in a different MMO. I will be keeping it on the back burner to hopefully try out some time down the road. :)

16. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    I dropped every other game and put the focus 100% on this, worth every moment. Some AAA titles can't hold a candle to this game. it looks amazing. as for revealing armor, as far as I've seen if you buy underwear from the cash shop and that can look very vulgar. lol .. Regular armor will not look anything revealing at all.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Haven't touched it in a while, but i heard you can level up by fishing 24/7 is that true? can you be afk while doing it?

18. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    yes you can get to 50 by fishing. but i don't know about 50 to 55 with fishing. will take years. if you afk fish make sure to have lot of inventory space so you won't have to leave the fishing spot constantly to sell the fish.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    It's just from 10-30, cba to redo all the same quests again.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AFK fishing...

You'd have to spend cash on inventory space, ideally. And buy some crafted rods. Otherwise you'll have to log in every couple of hours to change rods.