BATTLEYE, RAINBOW SIX SIEGE AND WINDOWS 10 INSIDER PREVIEW 18290 ARE INCOMPATIBLE!?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by PzSniper, Dec 1, 2018.

1. PzSniper

PzSniper Guest

Seems none can play Rainbow Six Siege with Battleye on Windows 10 Insider preview Build (1 19H) 18290! OMG!!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...daisydll/e09f4173-fa49-439f-ad42-7acb35156003

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18290/

From the Windows blog and Feedback Hub:

Known issues in Build 18290:

Insiders may see green screens with error System Service Exception in win32kbase.sys when interacting with certain games and apps. We have a fix that will flight in an upcoming flight, we appreciate your patience.

Any feedback from otehr R6 Siege players?

warlord likes this.
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah don't use insider builds that are known to have issues if you want everything to work properly. Microsoft is obviously aware and working on a fix

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Do you realize what Insider Builds are for?

alanm and Alessio1989 like this.
  4. Marek848

Marek848 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    R6S ,Pubg .........

5. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Forza Horizon 4 doesn't work well either. It crashes after 10-20 mins.

6. PzSniper

PzSniper Guest

I can confirm, that regarding Rainbow Six Siege game, even on the latest game patch (Wind Bastion) issue with Windows Insider 18290 it's STILL present, BSOD on anticheat loading phase. Every build after 18277 render every Battleye games UNPLAYABLE.

7. Marek848

Marek848 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    18298 Rainbow Six Siege no fix.......

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The big question is, why do you use an alpha version of windows?

Alessio1989 likes this.
  9. PzSniper

PzSniper Guest

Preview Build 18298 Known issues
    • Launching games that use BattlEye anti-cheat will trigger a bug check (green screen) – we’re investigating.

Dear Pz,

Thanks for reporting, we are already aware of this. Please note that Windows Insider builds are not officially supported.

Your BattlEye Support Team

warlord likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I will never play anything that incorporates battleeye, even if it means dropping games that didn't use it previously.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's a reason that MS says not to use Insider Preview builds in a production environment.....or an environment where stability and compatibility are a necessity.... You're running what is essentially beta software. If you expect it to work (mostly) problem free, stick to officially released builds. Insider Preview builds are guaranteed to have problems.

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Just don't play games those which doesn't work with latest builds or format reinstall os from scratch.

The best choice for an advanced gamer or average user with bug checking skills is public release preview channel ring or whatever is called. Fast ring either skip ahead or current branch and slow ring aren't for the faint hearted.

Remember that being an insider you need surely a format twice a year at least and writing in feedback hub to let them know what is bugging you. Next time if you value specific games be careful.

I own hundreds and for my convenience I do not own forza horizon 4 and rainbow six siege.

Forza 7 motorsport ultimate , horizon 3 ultimate and ghost recon wildlands ultimate, the crew 2 gold are smoothies and butterlike gaming in 19h1 builds for example.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  13. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Forza Horizon 4 is working flawless after the latest patch.

14. PzSniper

PzSniper Guest

warlord likes this.
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Again, you're running beta software..... It's going to have issues.... If you don't want to deal with the problems that beta software is going to have, stick to official builds.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You are wrong about official builds or not thing. Battle-eye anti-cheat support is terrible and devs are to blame. Low self-respected games use this POS anyway. R6S? PUBG? Crew 2? And others I don't recall now. Why I can play tons of other games, smooth butter-like with 19H1 builds?

If it was in my hand I would refund all games using trash-eye battle anti-launch engine. I want them hacked useless software need to die. Don't make me recall thousands of unfair bans worldwide.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Official builds, excluding the "October update", typically have fewer major bugs than beta builds. Every time I see a post from this guy, it's concerning a bug that isn't prevalent in the official build.

Every Anti-cheat has some sort of problem. I have issues with Punkbuster all the time. I have yet to see it actually stop someone from cheating. In fact, all I've seen it do is prevent legitimate game mods from working. In the past, I saw Punkbuster declare game updates as attempts to cheat. Until the devs for Battle-eye actually decide to support their BS "anti-cheat" software, the problems will continue. There doesn't need to be a new thread every time someone installs a new beta from the Insider Program and finds that Battle-eye still doesn't work. The devs are unlikely to "fix" problems that affect beta software. Bitch to the devs about problems that affect official builds.

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    It's warlord, he's one of our "special" members

19. meelahi

meelahi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I know what I signed up for when I started using insider builds, but do you understand the purpose of "beta software"? If you hand wave it as a "beta build issue" and leave it as it is, this game will break when next full release of Windows drops for non-insiders. Pretty sure fixing games for compatibility issues is in job description, and having access to upcoming releases and feedback from users help do that.

And given that I can play all non-BattleEye games without any issue, this seems more like a BattleEye issue than a Windows Insider build issue.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This forum has no connection to Microsoft. This forum also has no connection to the BattleEye devs. In both instances, posting complaints here about problems with beta software is completely useless. Nobody on this forum is going to fix the issues, nor will either group of devs find out about the issues from this forum. Both companies have appropriate channels for providing feedback on their respective software. Unless you use the methods provided by both companies, the problems will never get resolved.

As for my history with beta software..... I've been a beta team member for previous Windows releases, before the Inside Program was introduced. I've also been a beta tester for "mission critical" software where minor bugs had the potential to cost lives. Like some others on this forum, I choose to either run "beta" operating systems in a VM and maintain an official build as the host OS, or run dual boot depending on exactly what I'm testing for.