Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Anyone destroyed a station within the 1st 2 minutes?

I parachuted down on a quadbike, raced down the road on the left side, drove all the way to the enemy spawnpoints (got a roadkill on the way), then jumped off near the target building, knifed my way through the door without being seen, activated the destruction countdown, then shot several guys trying to defuse it. INSTANT SCORE BOOST WITHIN 1st MINUTE w000h000! :D

Okay, i guess the guys didnt pay attention enough. But it surely shows one can easily underestimate those quadbikes, they're REALLY fast. If you dont keep a sharp eye you can get roadkilled within the 1st 30 seconds!

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is that

+fullproc

command is real to force quad cores to run good?

and is it

+fullproc or - fullproc

thanx.

3. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Tell them all this thats bugging you and they will fix it, Speak up or forever hold yo..... sorry just tell em.

4. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I believe the parchute glitch is caused when you try to spawn with a squad member when he's parachuting, so basically your spawning in mid-air. That's the only time it's happened to me.

5. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Network is a problem right now, as well as damage, yep
    Found a couple other annoyances after playing a bit more

They should really get rid of the squad-hopping again.
    Somehow I dont get the idea behind the resupply, sometimes I get a grenade right after dropping the box, other times it takes like a minute.
    Splash-Damage of pretty much everything needs to balanced a bit more
    Sniper too powerfull (I guess they thought on consoles its harder to hit anyway so they are pretty much 1-hit-killers)

On the EA forums I read a lot about the "fixing" the knife. I actually think its pretty good (except the auto-aim with it). Its not as extremely fast as in other games, which makes it more realistic. (When you think about that you actually have to select the knife in the other BF games and melee isn't really is there)

The lack of the commo-rose isn't that bad either. I guess a lot just dont know how the new Q really works in terms of medic and resupply. But maybe if you request a medic by aiming and Q, the actual medic should get some notification and not just relying on the sound (voice of the soldier)

The lags are pretty much the only thing which keeps me from playing too much though.

6. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    haha yes! i always do this, and 80% of the time it works. they're so busy defending the fontlines, they forget about the base.

i once destroyed both bases within 4 minutes of the game starting.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just to give you some tips, this is meant to be a game based on a realistic battlefield. The guns will not react like they do in MW2 or other shooters. You have to use burst fire techniques, as if your squeezing the mouse button like a trigger especially when shooting at long range. If you held a gun in real life and just held the trigger down your accuracy would be all over the place.

I love the guns in this game, much better than the over powered guns you get in MW2. Although I will agree on the hit detection could defiantly do with some work but then again this could just be to do with the lag issues they were having due to the high demand.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yeah same here, if your attacking, jump on a quad. Race down the right hand side of the mountain over the little bump in the hill through the trees down the hill. Jump off, slice the fence, and door and plant then I always plant C4 on the walls and hide in the building next door watch as they run in to defuse and blow 5 of them to hell HAHAHAHAHA!

What I find really interesting is just how bad this game looks on consoles. There is simply do draw distance, and all my console friends hate this game because it requires too much thinking and tactics unlike team death match in MW2 where they just either run around with shotguns or a knife, or just camp in the same spot the whole match with a sniper. Also they hate that the maps are massive. They are simply not used to these types of games. This maybe a console port with better graphics but its a PC game through and through. Battlefield always have been.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Another ****ty port, so much for promises.

FOV locked at 60 again like god damn Flashpoibnt and all the other rubbish ports.

They better change this or not buying. How hard is it to get the fundamentals of PC gaming right, FOV = 90.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Please don't tell me how to fire a weapon :p
    I can hit bullseye from 150 meters with an AR with 95% accuracy in real life.

I agree that firing full auto will result in a loss of accuracy, but the thing is that there isn't any visual cue for that my accuracy is **** when firing full auto. The rounds should hit where I'm aiming ALWAYS. If the screen/weapon/sights would actually shake and move because of recoil, fine. That would be just like in real life. But that the sights stay completely aligned and my rounds miss? Wth, that doesn't make any sense.

Also: Spam I agree here for great justice

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/380225.page#3611145

11. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Apart from the lag, which I'm sure will get sorted, I have to say I am not impressed.

Why anyone would want to play this over the existing (and superior) Battlefield games already available on the PC is beyond me (unless they are GFX whores).

This is gonna need a truck load of patches before it goes retail.

You havin' a laugh? You do Birmingham a disservice sir.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  12. Qix2140

Qix2140 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8b
    This game is very fun! shame that there is not another map to try out but can't wait for the full game!

Are we allowed to take screens? or is it against the nda?

13. Stanleyxd

Stanleyxd Member

GPU:
    HD 5770
    I doubt there is an NDA since the beta forums are public.

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    yah really. what kind of beta test is this, one map? should be ATLEAST a couple!

15. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    on my rig i get slow framerates and stutter on high settings with 2x aa an 8x anis i got to get all low to get good frames no stutter

16. Qix2140

Qix2140 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8b
    Ill post a few screen then :)

17. Stanleyxd

Stanleyxd Member

GPU:
    HD 5770
    How does this game take crossfire? i'm thinking about xfiring my 5770 :O

18. Qix2140

Qix2140 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8b
    Well try now with my x2

19. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    idk about crossfire but my 275gtx is very decent + with my i7 oc it should carry on cuz the grafics arent (visually) that taxing in my point of to to stutter so much

20. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    bad company beta = demo.

i already found 2 hackers/glitchers btw

lets see, i have fallen from the sky without a parachute and then fallen under the map numerous times, i've emptied a clip in the back of someones head with no kill, the sniper rifle has this unimaginable margin for error, and it randomly crashes and makes my whole pc reboot. i ****ing hate the demo map but i am really enjoying the game itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.