Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    the more i watch that video the more it looks like the bullets just so happened to miss him every time, not that the hitboxes were horrible...i could be wrong, and it really probably shouldn't have missed him, but still

reason i say this is because every time he shoots i clearly see every bullet hit the container in the back, if it was bad hitboxes and going through him, you shouldn't be able to see every hit on the container

2. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't understand this whole "suppression" nonsense.

Does this happen in real life? Do soldiers in the battlefield suddenly go partially blind when a bullet whizzes passed their head?

I don't see a 6ft-something grown ass man suddenly going blind after having a bullet pass by him 10 feet away and suddenly cause his bullets from his gun to not shoot straight.

What the f*ck kind of reality drugs is Dice taking? Some imaginary fairytale sh1t right there......May as well make your character walk slower after being "suppressed" because he has shat in his pants..need a medic to change his oversized diaper.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Have you ever tried to shoot a real rifle? For a typical ranged shot you control your breathing and concentrate to hit your desired target. Even on a firing range, without any stress, you won't hit every single shot (especially not while standing or, worse, after running for a few hundred yards). It's already loud and frightening firing a weapon but it will be much worse if you're on the receiving end of it.
    I'm much happier with the downsides of the suppression effect than with all the Captain Kangaroo or Flipper the dolphin type of players.

4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Yeah, it's harder to aim under stress of combat, but this game represents this a bit weird by spraying your bullets all over the place while your gun is clearly pointing straight as if your gun just broken down lol

Better suppression adaptation would've been having your aim destabilized (more wobbly) and instead of this insane blur, de-saturation of color with very slight double vision on the edges to note stress would've been better imo because then you can at least see where you are going.

And captain kangaroos or flipper the dolphins are more of by product of super fast respawn system coupled with medics/health regen anyway. Get rid of those and you won't need suppression effect to keep people's heads down!

Game will be so boring though haha

5. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, I've shot a real rifle. I've lived out in the country most of my life and hunted for my own meals (rabbit, pheasant, deer, squirrel..etc) until moving into the city at the age of 20.

This a video game, I know it's hard to capture the feel of "anxiety"..what I posted previously is part of my dry humor poking fun at it..good game nonetheless.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It wouldn't really affect you if you are smart about it.. Although because it is a new feature the next update may tone it down a bit perhaps, there are still 3 confirmed extra content packs to come so of course there is going to be further improvement on the gameplay and balancing of weapons and vehicles.

7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah that's what I want too, the supression as it is now is so stupid. Randomly spreading the bullets gives you no fighting chance.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    But it would even effect all the cheats running around the way it is right now, wouldn't it? If suppression just meant added sway they could compensate for it. This way though they won't hit you anymore once they're suppressed.
    I still like the idea somehow.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I still don't have the update due to capped internet so i can't test it myself, this is something i'm curious about.

The Jets, if you land one, and get out of it when it is stopped on the runway.. do you get ejected out of it or do you get out of it standing next to it??

10. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    you get out standing next to it.

11. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
  12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
  13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    He has crappy aim.

In slow mo he shows himself up as it clearly shows him missing eachshot.

I know people think (thanks to games) shotguns fire a massive spread at 1 foot then disappear after half a meter but they don't.

He's basically resting the barrel on the guys shoulder and firing past him.

also, firing from the hip + plus under suppression + can't aim

:D

14. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    you think in real life people act like Rambo and just happily charge into a hail of bullets whizzing past their heads ?

15. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It's a gameplay abstraction. Same goes for respawning and pretty much anything in the game ;)

16. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    cheating in this game has been outrageous lately

they should put pictures of toilets on the PC game boxes, because that is what you are doing with your money

and the install program should be renamed to 'flush.exe'.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    yeah i have the same problem and it's annoying...i want a fix.

18. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    yes, yes i do :rolleyes: ..damn you guys can't take a joke.

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I had a good time playing wake today.
    Runs crasy fast on two 680's did not help my game thuo :)

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Dice now made it hard to hit some1 under suppression, thats why he didn't hit properly.

If you ppl understand this, its german.

It says suppression is not only much stronger, it heavily effects the accuracy. While suppressed you will miss if you just empty his mag on him :p. Many ppl complaining. You can prevent it with the appropriate perk, its also an mportant teamplay element.

So!! Help your teammates when they're suppressed :D
    blabla, they hope DICE will lower the effect, cos atm its to much ^^ so long only help is burst fire or 1 shot..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.