Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Just look at the map to see which you have not used to make him follow you. Wait at the entrance, shoot him once and drive almost as fast as you can...amazing how fast his big machine is. Quite ridiculous really.
    Really hate that the camera-angle chances when you jump with the car, truly distracting.

I just replayed City and still enjoy it more but starting to think that it is ridiculously easy even on the so called NG+, I'd want NG+++.
    Knight seems to take the control away from the player far more so often it feels like an interactive movie of sort.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Game is 4 years old today, and still one the best stuff you can get on PC nowadays. A blast, lots of different gameplay experience, plot , beautiful characters, puzzle, driving, ... love it !

serbicu and DocStrangelove like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh the first game was more tight and contained and that was good thing.

the riddler stuff to get the "true" ending was daft because of how much of it there was and how much of was gated to when u had specific upgrades so you could not just clear an area and move on you had to return 2 3 4 times to get all the damn things.

the driving should have been that you could use the thing to get around some timed missions involving it instead it is a repetitive forced combat mode thing that is deep as a puddle and boring. and u got to spend 60 ish hours doing those missions.

how can u make the batmobile boring? gg.

the twist was telegraphed by light years if you were anything but the most casual bat fan. so the story?

granted there is a ton of stuff there but it mostly padding/busy work. bringing the joker back again smacked of corporate we need teh joker or people will not buy teh game bs. vs looking to batmans rather deep gallery outside joker. which these guys were perfectly capable of.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I played all the Arkham titles to hell and back by now but Arkham Knight makes me come back every now and then. Really liked the story and all the side missions which helped you to pick the stuff you wanted right now instead of following the story all the time. Also the flying mechanics are just amazing.

Perfect entertainment imho. But yeah it was very different from other Arkham titles. Comes down to personal taste really.

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Arkham Knight is damn good, it's main problem... it fumbles boss fights horribly.
    Too much reliance the Batmobile, forcing that tank into boss fights instead of skill based combat.

6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yeah, I think they ran out of time.
    This is the downside of putting some things in, the batmobile of course cannot easily be demolished or Batman looks weak, yet it also makes Batman overpowered...which is why I don't really care for a Superman game.

7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    He is much easier than the Knight. You can hit him anywhere, multiple shots are possible (especially from above) and there are no highspeed chases.
    I often simply just take him down and ignore the other tanks, there are not enough of them to pose a real threat.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well you do not have to also add boring missions that are cut and paste with boring ai and force them into the game, if it was simply eh it was used too much in a few fights. that would not have been bad it is how many of those remote drone bs missions so batman can blow them up gg, do you do before they boring and your just doing them because you have to to open stuff up and then at some point the map resets and you have to do them all over again if memory serves so they even double down if i am not mistaken.

the batmobile being too tanky or too fragile has little to do with why those sections were boring the missions the only variety was the the number of tanks. go to the next spot repeat. lost my save so if i play i have to restart again and i dunno if that will happen tbh. i disliked the entire use of the tank so much and yes it part of so much of the game story missions, riddler trophies, boss fights, but the basics of how they let u use the thing as so basic because they do nothing to really vary up the encounters but add flyers at some point mid game.

tedious is how it feels arkham asylum never felt that way.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, I think Asylum has the worst combat and too small levels really, so opinions differ. The main problem with Knight is that it is so bloody easy, although the challenges can be really difficult as you cannot even be seen in some and some are timed and as I have previously said special takedowns can be difficult to succeed with.

I still don't really mind the tank stuff, some of it becomes gradually more difficult and I try for instance not getting hit at all. You can also use the batmobile quite a lot to take down various places which are occupied by soldiers, so it can lead to some creative ways to deal with problems. If the game was more like City (and Origins) then it certainly would not have felt new at all.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    oranges is still the game i want any new batman to be based around everythin new WB mont threw into it made it the definative batman game even the cut scenes make me go back and rewatch them again even today they such high quality i love em

the which arkham is the best discuss has been done to death and we each have our faves but i was rly disapointed they showed nothin at this years e3 mebbe somethin will be announced in coming months!!!

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    [​IMG]

Assuming you typed that on a phone. Ironically, while trying to be a smart arse i posted this on my phone then had to turn on the PC to fix the post.

I've actually never played Arkham Origins, loved Asylum and thought it would be better if it was bigger, City was and i enjoyed it less.

I'm kinda difficult, so assumed it was me :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    DocStrangelove and cerebus23 like this.
  12. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Severe Necro Posting Alert:
    Well I just got the game as it had passed me by and I stumbled across it by chance. Got the game for small change.
    On my current set up the game works perfectly with all nvidia effects enabled + set @ full eyecandy the game is looking amazing and its 5Yrs old.
    Stunning game play so far.
    I forgot how good the batman games where. :D

XenthorX, Kaleid, TR2N and 1 other person like this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Did anyone experience low volume in this game? I have to crank up the amp to make it comparable to everything else. Using headphones. Checked the volume mixer and the game is at 100%.

What are some good mods? There are 56 pages of mods on Nexus mods. :D So far installed Arkham Knight community patch and permanent partial postprocess removal. Tried the Arkham Vision reshade preset but didn't really like it. Anything to improve the image quality? Running the game at 6880x2880 to eliminate the jaggies.