Baldurs's Gate III Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Supporting both keyboard+muse and gamepad requires that every aspect of the game, from gameplay to GUI, must be accessible with both set of devices, which means lowest common denominator. If you plan a D&D videogame just for mouse+keyboard or just for gamepad you will obtain two different products, if you plan for both you will obtain the second only.
    Which is an hack-and-slash...

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    True.

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    DOS worked great on consoles. It's a slow paced game with turn based combat. Btw, I've never listened to Muse while playing with a keyboard.

The UI can be reworked for gamepad, just like it was in D3 on consoles.

4. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    baldurs gate 2 is the best RPG of all time, hands down, no contest, no room for debate. larian is one of the only studios standing today that has a real concrete foundation in the genre with proper grounding to do wat needs to be done, & furthermore they have no publisher which means CEO swen is literally in charge. these guys have the resources, the experience, & the passion to actually pull this off.

bioware may be long gone (& boy are they ever), but BG3 from larian is the most exciting news i have heard in YEARS

5. StefanInter9

StefanInter9 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 GTX
    Great news. Baldur's Gate 2 remains one of my top three favorite games.