ATI Catalyst 9.4 driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Decane, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Download:

[​IMG] ATI Catalyst 9.4 WHQL Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 9.4 WHQL Windows 7 and Vista 32-bit
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 9.4 WHQL Windows XP 32-bit

NOTE: Only Radeon HD2xxx, HD3xxx, and HD4xxx series desktop graphics cards are supported.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  3. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    this is actually quite scary :S :S :S :S ...... i thot i saw a new catalyst.. i did i did.. :p

4. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Yes very nice, again no performance improvements just one (New ATI OverDrive™ auto-tuning application), very good :bang:

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Okay... That's what I get when I try to access the driver page. :3eyes:

6. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    woah, this is actually real :)

dling!

PS: Should I install over, in Vista 64?? Please answer, thanks!

7. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I downloaded them and installed them but they aren't WHQL. hmm..
    @saif: I did, works fine.
    When will people learn? It's not always about performance, stability is a pretty big factor in my opinion.

8. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    the most important to me is the game-compatibility fixing, such as texture problems, freeze solutions and minimizing resolving. Though a performance boost is always welcome :d

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Worked fine though it did give that warning that the drivers weren't signed so it's kinda like the 8.60 / 9.4 beta drivers but reported as Catalyst 9.4 in CCC.
    (Driver revision seems similar as well as CCC and the drivers, plus that HD audio driver, were prompted as reinstall instead of upgrade as is normally the case when you install over the previous version.)

10. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    not whql neither lol got the warning as well
    [​IMG]

11. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    They still havent fixed the damn 2d/3d clock bug!? I mean why is that so hard?? I really dont get it?? If it works after you start a game and exit, it should work without the hassle as well??? Cmon ATI, and why cant you have 64bit Avivo available at release?? The avivo 9.3 had not been released before 9.4´s, and still no avivo? :) Ok I admit, I dont use avivo, but its still annoying that it happens?

Will try drivers now, hopefully they are better than 9.3...

12. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    I wonder what the Corruption in COD 5 means?

13. ManOwaRR

ManOwaRR Member

GPU:
    hd 4870x2
    I doubt we'll see any performance boosts with those cards they squized ati 4000 series to the maximum and they are competing well with nvidia's cards so stability and adding a profile for crossfire games , will be a good choice to start with and later on adding phyx

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Installed the Win7 set here, but they are still the 9.3's.

15. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Yes stability is most important, but we talking about gaming machine, so here pretty important who is faster(ati vs nvidia). If making good graphic cards but they don't know best way how to release gpu power. Maybe they have small team or what, but need do bugfix and optimizations. This is just one bad thing about ati. If they make drivers like nvidia, they been on top. One very good chance, put on Ati cards full support Havok engine, this can be perfect.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No issue here with 2D/3D clocks, pretty easy to check as well by going into ATI CCC's so called "overdrive" section and monitoring the temps a bit, was around 52c after starting up and after starting and exiting Fallout 3 (And waiting a bit) the temps still show as 52c (Custom fan profile at 65% speed for balance between noise and cooling though I need to get a bit of dust out of the case again as that affects airflow a bit, downside of fan based cooling but it's easier than water and other solutions.)

17. jalextacy

jalextacy Member Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 4870 512mb
    Yup these are exactly the same as the beta's that were leaked. :3eyes:

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Everest still reporting that GPU2 is starting at 3D clock setting whilst GPU1 is at 2D, thats annoying still! had a bit of a flutter when on first reboot after loading! The display was very dim, only the cursor was in full colour! Another reboot and everything is fine however!

OMG just got this!

[​IMG]

WTF Spybot found this in my ATI Folder, googling now!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  19. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Any one else having a problem of the driver itself not installing? I downloaded the package, installed it and it still said I was running the 9.3 driver, 8.56 or whatever.....then I completely uninstalled 9.3, and reinstalled using the 9.4 package. Under device manager it shows I'm still running the 8.56.1.7 driver from 1/30/2009. Looking under CCC it still says I'm running 9.3

I have no idea whats going on with this, but I completely removed the older (9.1, 9.2 and 9.3) install packages from my computer, and every time I install 9.4 it says I'm still running 9.3.....I'll probably download the driver only and manually install that. But if anyone else has a better solution I would love to hear it.

20. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Guys, the driver page is down again. It seems ATI is having some trouble uploading the correct driver, so please refrain from downloading for the time being until this gets resolved, as you might just end up re-installing 9.3 or a beta version of 9.4.